Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 05:53 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,260,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfingduo View Post
Thanks for the update. If I am able to talk the wife into SA for retirement home I will become a season ticket holder too. Love the hockey and it is just fun.

I thought of that since I went to pink night in Worcester MA to watch the Worcester Sharks play the Providence Bruins. I thought it was fun to see the ice all pink and the Sharks pink jerseys were pretty cool too.

Now that you mention the socializing I will tell you that I was a bit upset since the women in front of us were there for that. They kept flapping those pink boas and feathers were flying all over the place. Thank goodness I ate all that dust in Iraq that a few colored feathers didnt faze me as I ate my sausage grinder.
The DCU Center!!! Real sausage grinders!!! Now you're making me homesick, man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2013, 07:14 PM

6,595 posts, read 7,091,733 times
Default Dont Be

Don't be homesick. This place is a money vacuum. Everywhere you go here taxes and fees are going up. Just a couple of days ago I had to go to Brookline to pay two parking tickets for my daughter on my car. Problem is that I didnt get the notice that the tickets had been issued. I got a notice in the mail when it had two and both had already collected fines for being late. So two weeks ago I got the notice and tried to pay online. The site said NOPE. They are too old you have to pay by check. Who the hell pays by check now a days. So I go to the bank and get a check for free thank you very much TD Bank and send it to them. A week later I get the check back and a note saying that it is even later and I now owe 25 bucks more. Grrrrrrrr. So I went to the bank and got a new one issued for the additional amount. I happened to be working in Boston yesterday and drove it right to the office. I know where all the money is being spent. State of the art facility and everything. I was seething though because I had the notice for 2 days before I sent it in. I can't wait to leave this place. My liberal daughter said I should not go to Texas. You guys have guns and the death penalty!!!! Ewwwww. So I told her that is okay we won't make her come to see us. We wouldn't want to ruin her principles. Me woo hoo. Warm weather. Lower property taxes. No income tax. Three air bases and one Naval Air station in Corpus Cr. All those golf courses. Oh I just can't wait!!!!!! It is too bad I can only spend 3 days this summer. I would love to explore more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
The DCU Center!!! Real sausage grinders!!! Now you're making me homesick, man.

Old 04-13-2014, 03:38 PM

2 posts, read 1,892 times
Default Fellow Ducks Fans!!

Hey, sorry for the super late response. I'm a fellow Ducks fan living in San Antonio and would love to maybe meet up and watch some of the playoffs games! Game Center is a constant in our household, but it would be great to get a group together to go out and watch the games somewhere. We're located really close to Sideliners too, which is always a fun time. I know I'm about a year late on the response, but let me know!

Old 04-13-2014, 06:47 PM

179 posts, read 247,379 times
love the blues on kmox out of st. louis......

Old 04-14-2014, 10:13 AM

100 posts, read 207,205 times
More Ducks fans here - any playoff viewing places would be awesome! We had the NHL channel on Dish, but they don't show the playoffs. If anyone knows who will be showing the playoffs, please chime in!

Old 04-15-2014, 12:34 AM

172 posts, read 238,644 times
Thank the heavens that other Ducks fans have replied, lol. I plan on going to sideliners wednesday to watch the Ducks play. Sideliners is really good about showing hockey throughout the year, they are even one of the few bars that has center ice. Since all the playoff games will be on an NBC channel affiliate like they did with the olympics almost any bar will do. So is anyone interested in meeting up to watch the Ducks take on the Stars on Wednesday? I'm actually driving up next wednesday for Game 4 in dallas.

Old 04-15-2014, 08:34 AM

838 posts, read 1,211,230 times
I live in Nashville now, so I am out... kinda like the Preds...

Old 04-15-2014, 10:50 AM

Okay, we'll be there! We'll recognize you from your youtube video :-).

Old 04-15-2014, 07:47 PM

172 posts, read 238,644 times
Actually, just found another few duck fans that are going to go watch the game at the Brick House off 1604. I'm going to head up there to watch the game with them. So far we are up to 3 ducks fans up there.

San Antonio | Brick House Tavern + Tap

Old 04-15-2014, 08:04 PM

OK - that's actually lot closer for us, and I've been curious to give it a try. Add 3 more Ducks fans to the mix!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio