Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 04:05 PM

847 posts, read 2,232,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L210 View Post
How am I wrong? Please elaborate. So soliciting a prostitute is legal? Provide proof. I never said the verdict was wrong. I said that the law should not protect criminals. There are some serious reading comprehension issues on public forums.
this is your *CRIMINAL* Justice System at work.

I believe it was Bob Dylan said - "to live outside the law you must be honest".

appears she wasn't so honest and now she doesn't *live* outside the law.......

the *CRIMINAL* Justice System is not designed to protect *VICTIMS* and punish *CRIMINALs*.

it is designed to line the pockets of lawmakers aka liars/attorneys.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2013, 04:08 PM

7,005 posts, read 12,478,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *mud* View Post
this is your *CRIMINAL* Justice System at work.

I believe it was Bob Dylan said - "to live outside the law you must be honest".

appears she wasn't so honest and now she doesn't *live* outside the law.......

the *CRIMINAL* Justice System is not designed to protect *VICTIMS* and punish *CRIMINALs*.

it is designed to line the pockets of lawmakers aka liars/attorneys.........
So I'm wrong to think that the criminal justice system should punish criminals and protect victims? You aren't making any sense. Bob Dylan isn't the criminal justice system, so I really don't care about that.

Old 06-10-2013, 04:28 PM

Quote:
So I'm wrong to think that the criminal justice system should punish criminals and protect victims? You aren't making any sense. Bob Dylan isn't the criminal justice system, so I really don't care about that.
you don't get it at all do you.......

statement. not a question. over and out..........

Old 06-10-2013, 04:33 PM

Quote:
you don't get it at all do you.......

statement. not a question. over and out..........
It would help if you articulated your point instead of filling your posts with periods and asterisks.

Old 06-10-2013, 04:46 PM

Quote:
It would help if you articulated your point instead of filling your posts with periods and asterisks.
don't worry so much about the punctuation.... read *the words*

where I come from, we have an old saying......

...here it is - if you lay down with dogs, you're gonna get fleas..

in this particular case the lady got a bit more than fleas....

.....by livin *outside* the law

(remember ya gotta be honest out there.. very unforgiving out there.)

and, in this case, *inside* the law, as the jury of 12 so rightly concluded, says - *NOT GUILTY*

Old 06-10-2013, 04:55 PM

Quote:
don't worry so much about the punctuation.... read *the words*

where I come from, we have an old saying......

...here it is - if you lay down with dogs, you're gonna get fleas..

in this particular case the lady got a bit more than fleas....

.....by livin *outside* the law

(remember ya gotta be honest out there.. very unforgiving out there.)

and, in this case, *inside* the law, as the jury of 12 so rightly concluded, says - *NOT GUILTY*
I did read the few words that were there along with all of the stars and dots. As I already said, the verdict was not wrong. The killer also laid down with dogs and had his money stolen. If this were a defense of person case, he would not have been protected because he was breaking the law. So as the laws stand now, criminals have more rights to protect their property than rights to protect their lives or someone else's life while engaging in criminal activities.

This man lost a lot more by shooting a person than he would have if he would have called the police, but he probably didn't want to call the police for fear of being charged of a crime himself. So, instead, he got to spend a few years in the court system. If he didn't have public defenders, I'm sure he ended up paying a lot more than $150.

Is anyone going to answer my question? Are any of you going to move out of the state because the Castle Doctrine does not cover those engaging in criminal activities?

Old 06-10-2013, 05:13 PM

Quote:
I did read the few words that were there along with all of the stars and dots. As I already said, the verdict was not wrong. The killer also laid down with dogs and had his money stolen. If this were a defense of person case, he would not have been protected because he was breaking the law. So as the laws stand now, criminals have more rights to protect their property than rights to protect their lives or someone else's life while engaging in criminal activities.

This man lost a lot more by shooting a person than he would have if he would have called the police, but he probably didn't want to call the police for fear of being charged of a crime himself. So, instead, he got to spend a few years in the court system. If he didn't have public defenders, I'm sure he ended up paying a lot more than $150.

Is anyone going to answer my question?

Are any of you going to move out of the state because the Castle Doctrine does not cover those engaging in criminal activities?
alright then. sounds like we agree. fleas are bad for your health and well being *and* your wallet.

your last two questions - it's refreshing to read that you have a sense of humor..........

Old 06-10-2013, 06:31 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,438,175 times
Quote:
How am I wrong? Please elaborate. So soliciting a prostitute is legal? Provide proof. I never said the verdict was wrong. I said that the law should not protect criminals. There are some serious reading comprehension issues on public forums.
The law shouldn't protect criminals.

So what you're saying is he shouldn't have even been tried for murder because she was breaking the law.

Old 06-10-2013, 06:50 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,992,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prim8 View Post
While I won't worry about what happened too much, I think we need to be careful we don't celebrate the death of someone just because they committed a crime.
Really? I remember a lot of Americans/Texans/San Antonians celebrating the death of Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden.

I guess we get to pick and choose, huh?

Old 06-10-2013, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prim8 View Post
The law shouldn't protect criminals.

So what you're saying is he shouldn't have even been tried for murder because she was breaking the law.
That would be the case if he weren't breaking the law himself. The unclean hands doctrine would apply to him because he was the one with the grievance. There are laws for theft under which she would have been tried, but there might be a common law out there that says that she did not commit theft because the transaction was illegal, thus, illegitimate. The court system might have been able to force her to give the money back, but they wouldn't have been able to order her to perform the illegal service they agreed to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio