Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 05:50 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110
So I decided to opt-out of this smart meter after I got a letter from CPS saying they were going to be installing them soon in our neighborhood.

CPS ended up calling me to confirm if this is in fact what I really wanted to do and went into a long and polite discussion about why I should go with the smart meter but I stood my ground.
Good for you!!

We just got a card in the mail yesterday from power company saying "YOUR METER UPGRADE IS SCHEDULED FOR NEXT WEEK" -- It is one of those smart meters!!!!!!

I called up,WAS RIPPIN' MAD and opted out.........

The lady said to me "So your not interested in the program?" and I said NO I AM NOT!! -- You can still get reg power w/a reg meter right? and she said "Yea but this just makes it easier to save,etc...." which is BS!

WE ARE ALREADY BOMBARED WITH TONS OF RF SIGNALS!!!! -- I bet everyone around us will get this garbage anyway!! (Which we still may be affected by)

My parents are away until June and they are basically sheeple and believe whatever they are told so I am glad this was scheduled NOW so I could opt out of it!!!!!

YOU ALL KNOW HOW THESE THINGS TRANSMIT?? -- Using the electric system in your house.... Everyone inside gets bombarded with high levels of radiation 24/7!!

IT ISNT AT ALL ABOUT SAVING $$$$$,ITS ABOUT CONTROL........ Affecting our DNA,etc.........

These things have to be paid for,and anyone who thinks they are being given away free or that the money for them will not be recouped somehow - is a fool!!

THESE METERS ARE A HEALTH RISK AND A PRIVACY ISSUE!!!!!!!

Anyone that believes the power company WANTS TO HELP YOU SAVE $$$$$$$$$$ is beyond hopeless!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2017, 07:20 AM

4,329 posts, read 7,237,536 times
Just an FYI-

2017 will mark the final phase of the CPS Energy Smart Meter Upgrade. If you haven't gotten yours yet, it's coming soon.

Old 03-10-2017, 07:22 AM

2,438 posts, read 7,013,217 times
I guess this means that you don't have a cell phone either or any other devices that transmit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Good for you!!

We just got a card in the mail yesterday from power company saying "YOUR METER UPGRADE IS SCHEDULED FOR NEXT WEEK" -- It is one of those smart meters!!!!!!

I called up,WAS RIPPIN' MAD and opted out.........

The lady said to me "So your not interested in the program?" and I said NO I AM NOT!! -- You can still get reg power w/a reg meter right? and she said "Yea but this just makes it easier to save,etc...." which is BS!

WE ARE ALREADY BOMBARED WITH TONS OF RF SIGNALS!!!! -- I bet everyone around us will get this garbage anyway!! (Which we still may be affected by)

My parents are away until June and they are basically sheeple and believe whatever they are told so I am glad this was scheduled NOW so I could opt out of it!!!!!

YOU ALL KNOW HOW THESE THINGS TRANSMIT?? -- Using the electric system in your house.... Everyone inside gets bombarded with high levels of radiation 24/7!!

IT ISNT AT ALL ABOUT SAVING $$$$$,ITS ABOUT CONTROL........ Affecting our DNA,etc.........

These things have to be paid for,and anyone who thinks they are being given away free or that the money for them will not be recouped somehow - is a fool!!

THESE METERS ARE A HEALTH RISK AND A PRIVACY ISSUE!!!!!!!

Anyone that believes the power company WANTS TO HELP YOU SAVE $$$$$$$$$$ is beyond hopeless!!

Old 03-10-2017, 07:41 AM

2,382 posts, read 3,502,455 times
Just add an extra layer of Reynolds Wrap to your hat.....you be ok.

Old 03-10-2017, 07:42 AM

I went outside around where i live to try and raise awareness and the idiot right next to me is hopeless!!!

"Everything is dangerous now...... Everything gives off radiation,etc" -- He doesnt care that he not only will put HIS FAMILY @ risk but everyone elses around his house also!! (24/7 from these things)

He doesnt care.... Maybe he will when they start turning his electric off for too much usage... Bloody moron..........

Then I went across the street and that guy OPTED OUT ALSO!!!!!! -- I shook his hand and we talked about it a little.......

Old 03-10-2017, 07:54 AM

7,130 posts, read 11,838,269 times
Parents are away......

Yeah, that explains a lot.

Old 03-10-2017, 08:00 AM

Whadda ya mean??

I feel bad for my parents..... It took me years to convince my dad how bad aspertame is! -- He has alot of issues I think were brought on by that garbage!!

I love my parents and I dont like seeing them lied to,etc................

Old 03-10-2017, 08:44 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,780,002 times
Y'all can make fun of me for opting out. I had that right to do so and I used it.

Did you prefer that they say I have no choice but to take whatever the ONLY local utility company available to me is offering me?

Old 03-10-2017, 09:10 AM

7,130 posts, read 11,838,269 times
I have no issue with someone opting out - I would, as well. It's just that when the "reasoning" goes along the tinfoil and "radiation" lines that I get a tad leery.

Me, I just don't want someone able to control my life in any fashion.

Old 03-10-2017, 09:12 AM

2,382 posts, read 3,502,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
I have no issue with someone opting out - I would, as well. It's just that when the "reasoning" goes along the tinfoil and "radiation" lines that I get a tad leery.

Me, I just don't want someone able to control my life in any fashion.

^^^ exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio