Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2011, 10:14 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,123,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffyfan View Post
I wonder what's going on with Goombas. They opened a bunch of brand new restaurants and seem to be closing them just as fast.
About 55 posts back in this thread was an answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnts71 View Post
no, there still is. 2 of them are on bandera road. One is in UC, One in Schertz (but i think that may close) there is also one in the colonade. Goombas isnt going anywhere...its just the ones he franchised out, he made a mistake because the franchisees were lazy and the product was sub-par.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 01:38 PM

950 posts, read 1,260,628 times
Default New Restaurant openings

Quote:
Originally Posted by davi78239 View Post
Oh yea and may I add to above post, if it is a restaurant it better not be another Mexican restaurant. Please no.
Okay,when i know something I'll let everyone know. I heard it might be a mexican restaurant,but no one is really sure.

No sign on it or the place next to Auto Zone on FM3009

Old 09-08-2011, 02:18 PM

1,099 posts, read 2,074,899 times
Tell me what you think. A website called "SA metro daily news" basically copied everything I put in that update

check it out..scroll to the bottom
FOODIE RUNDOWN: NEW FOOD TRUCKS TO DEBUT AT FIRST FRIDAY, FRANCO'S REVIEW, THE LONG LIST | METRO DAILY NEWS │ SAN ANTONIO NEWS HUB

Old 09-08-2011, 02:52 PM

just got this email from them.

Quote:
I appreciate you taking the time to email us.
The list was actually emailed to me late last night/early
this morning. The person who sent it simply said:
"Here's a list of no restaurant openings in the SA area.
Thought you might like it." The emailer asked for
no credit so I gave none.
awesome! to whoever sent that in..it obviously came from here lol

Old 09-08-2011, 10:23 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,822,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnts71 View Post
Here is a list of coming soon or recently opened restaurants

The Ridge shopping center has 2 new restaurants coming (1604+Military area)
Sushi Time & Amore Cafe Mediterranean

Big Lou's Burgers & BBQ
coming soon a block away from the pizzeria

Big Apple Bagels are opening 2 locations this month. One in Stone Oak and one downtown.

Big Sam's Grill & Bar
is replacing China Sea on Embassy Row

Caesars Mexican Restaurant
and Papouli's Greek Grill coming soon to hwy 151 in the same strip as Jersey Mikes

Carl's Jr opening its 6th location on Culebra and 1604

Cheddars opening soon in Selma next to Hooters

Chicken Kings opening 2 locations soon...one on Perrin Beitel and the other on Bandera (deep west side)

Cracker Barrel is opening soon on Military and Goliad

Dickeys BBQ coming soon to FM78 by the HEB

Golden Chick is opening 2 locations...One in Helotes which should be done by October and there is a sign "coming soon" on the corner of higgins and nacogdoches

Goombas Subshop
is coming soon @ marbach and 410

Jimmy Johns is opening 2 locations...one on Potranco and one on Patbooker

Little Nicks Pizzeria is coming soon @ Redland + 1604

Logans Roadhouse coming soon to jones maltsberger and 410

Malibu Burgers
coming soon in place of the Goombas on Bandera and 410

Myrons Prime Steakhouse
is opening this month @ Alon Market Shopping center..also Green Vegetarian Cuisine & Coffee will be opening its 2nd location in the same center.

Nikki's Swirl Shoppe
coming soon @ Basse in the HEB shopping center

Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt
opening 3 locations soon. The Forum, Leon Springs and Stone Oak

Piranha Killer Sushi
and Grimaldi’s Pizzeria opening soon at the Quarry

Snow Flurries and More
opened its 2nd location on Henderson Pass across from the elementary.

So Sweet Frozen Yogurt is now opening in Stone Oak by The Heart of Texas BBQ joint

Souper Salad is opening a new location next to the Wok-Inn on Culebra and 1604

Spankys Burger Joint
opening soon on Culebra just outside 410

Steak 'N Shake coming soon to 1604 and IH10

Stouts Pizza Co.
Replacing the Fire Hut @ Northwoods

Two Step Restaurant and Cantina @ Braun+1604

The Cheesecake Factory @ La Cantera

Twin Peaks
coming soon @ Dezevala and IH10 where the TGIF was.

Thousand Oaks Cafe
is opening its 3rd location on Jones Maltsburger close to Starcrest

YoFresh Yogurt Cafe coming soon to Stone Oak by The Cross Eyed Seagull

WOW THAT'S A LOT

Yes, it is. More proof that Stone Oak and that area is turning into nothing more than another Ft Worth (ie, city of chains, chain-lovers and those who love much more of the same thing, over and over again). Most of what was mentioned in this are things that are already in the area. Yogurt shops are quickly becoming the new nail salons in every strip mall and shopping center. I'm bored with it all.

From the 'homegrown' news front, let's not forget that FEAST (in the former Oloroso space in Southtown) and BLISS, from former chef at Biga and creator of Silo, Mark Bliss, are opening in November (also in Southtown). Both from solid culinary backgrounds and both San Antonio-based.

BN

Old 09-09-2011, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas View Post
Yes, it is. More proof that Stone Oak and that area is turning into nothing more than another Ft Worth (ie, city of chains, chain-lovers and those who love much more of the same thing, over and over again). Most of what was mentioned in this are things that are already in the area. Yogurt shops are quickly becoming the new nail salons in every strip mall and shopping center. I'm bored with it all.

From the 'homegrown' news front, let's not forget that FEAST (in the former Oloroso space in Southtown) and BLISS, from former chef at Biga and creator of Silo, Mark Bliss, are opening in November (also in Southtown). Both from solid culinary backgrounds and both San Antonio-based.

BN
Two Step Restaurant and Cantina @ Braun+1604
Chef Steve Warner, formerly of Wildfish Seafood Grille, San Antonio and Newport Beach, CA, Eddie V's, Austin and Morton's of Chicago, San Francisco brings a casual, family friendly restaurant to the Northwest San Antonio/Helotes area. Specializing in Texas cuisine, Two Step will serve oak smoked meats, Texas favorites such as chicken fried steak, macaroni and cheese and homemade pies. The "cantina" will concentrate on world-class margaritas, an ample beer and tequila selection and a creative menu of specialty drinks.

I dont know if you knew that or not

Old 09-10-2011, 03:03 PM

168 posts, read 409,452 times
Any scoop om when 2-Step will open????

Old 09-10-2011, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napunani View Post
Any scoop om when 2-Step will open????
about a month from now

Old 09-10-2011, 05:47 PM

28 posts, read 53,039 times
Default Pappa's restaurants

Quote:
Originally Posted by davi78239 View Post
I'd like to know why there's never been a second pappadeaux location in this pretty large city. If we're getting a second cheesecake factory we should of long had a another pappadeaux. Never understood that.
Yeah I never understood that either. I think we have what it takes to have another pappadeaux or pappasitos. People wait 2 hours just to eat there. Its crazy! Hopefully the second cheesecake factory will maybe open there eyes and realize that we could handle another pappas restaurant.

Old 09-11-2011, 12:29 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,123,272 times
Saw in the Taste section of the Express-News today that the Colonnade location of Orderup has closed and the West Avenue Kitchen, on West Ave. near Bitters, has closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio