Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2012, 02:02 PM

77 posts, read 140,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flourpower View Post
Yes, very bummed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Went there last night after trying to call them all day, only to find it closed, dark, and locked up. Couldn't make rent, I guess...... sad and very disappointed!!! I liked that place! It's very sad that San Antonio can't support restaurants that aren't Chili's, Olive Garden, BJ's, etc!!!! We need variety!!!!
Yes, those are the only restaurants in SA. There are over 11,000 restaurants in San Antonio and those are the only ones that get supported because one chain seemed to have failed. Very rare thing to happen, a restaurant closes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2012, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwangle View Post
We did have Grandy's here back in the eighties. Four or five of them at least. It was ok but it wasn't a San Antonio kind of restaurant.
Huh?

Old 09-22-2012, 02:15 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,045,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenelements View Post
Huh?
San Antonio is a breakfast taco town. Or a sit down, omelette/pancake place. Fast food breakfast that isn't a taco is a hard sell in San Antonio.

Unless you're McDonald's ( where nobody ever eats .... they don't eat AT McDonald's but they use the heck out of the drive-thru ) so as not to be lying when they say "I never eat there."

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 09-23-2012 at 01:06 AM.. Reason: merged consecutive posts by same OP

Old 09-22-2012, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
San Antonio is a breakfast taco town. Or a sit down, omelette/pancake place. Fast food breakfast that isn't a taco is a hard sell in San Antonio.
Grandy's isn't a breakfast place. Not even close. Not saying this disrespectfully but do you know what Grandy's is?

Old 09-22-2012, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenelements View Post
Grandy's isn't a breakfast place. Not even close. Not saying this disrespectfully but do you know what Grandy's is?
They're a fast food place with a breakfast menu. No offense, but do you know what they are?

They WERE in San Antonio. They no longer are. I live in Dallas, and they are open here.

Old 09-22-2012, 05:59 PM

Maybe you would feel better if I said people in SA get their chicken at Bill Miller's.

Regardless, again, they split.

Old 09-22-2012, 06:57 PM

584 posts, read 1,193,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnts71 View Post
they dont serve food unless beer is part of your diet
World of Beer
From my understanding and the response I received from a facebook question is that yes they don't serve food but have made arrangements with local establishments to provide but you can also bring your own food in to the WOB establishment.

Old 09-23-2012, 09:08 AM

545 posts, read 1,062,237 times
Man... Grandy's.... that's a company that expands purely by examining census data.

They opened a location on St. Croix, an island that's predominately Afro-Caribbean. You could tell someone looked at a spreadsheet and said, "there's a lot of black people there." Sure, true, but the culture is entirely different than that in the US. Nobody on that island knew what the heck biscuits and grits were.

It lasted about 6 weeks.

Old 09-23-2012, 08:48 PM

1,099 posts, read 2,075,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnts71 View Post
Raising Canes (CHECK) 3 locations going up (Leon Valley,Stone Oak and Schertz)
Del Taco 2013
In-N-Out 2013,14
Dunkin Donuts 2013. may find out something soon
Del Taco is coming to Austin according to their website. a 2013 schedule for San Antonio is likely.
Del Taco: Locations

The Raising Cains thats opening up first will be the one in Leon Valley. I drove by yesterday and the building is up right next to Whataburger on Huebner and Bandera

Old 09-24-2012, 03:22 PM

Location: I live south of San Antonio in a place called Atascosa.
854 posts, read 2,547,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanValdez View Post
Man... Grandy's.... that's a company that expands purely by examining census data.

They opened a location on St. Croix, an island that's predominately Afro-Caribbean. You could tell someone looked at a spreadsheet and said, "there's a lot of black people there." Sure, true, but the culture is entirely different than that in the US. Nobody on that island knew what the heck biscuits and grits were.

It lasted about 6 weeks
Thats an interesting point. Looking at San Antonio someone might think tamales are a staple. Actually Hamburgers, Pizza, Taco's and even Chinese are eaten more frequently. There is no tamale delivery like with pizza although the price is comparable and both are good with football and beer. Tamales are popular around the holidays. The rest of the year you have to make a point of getting them. I wonder why taco places don't sell tamales?

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 09-24-2012 at 11:21 PM.. Reason: repaired quote tags
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio