Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 12:57 PM

529 posts, read 2,712,232 times

Advertisements

or the Malaise Law Firm, etc.. Based on their commercials which law firm would you hire or not hire and why? Has anyone actually used one of these?
Sorry! It seems I have been watching waaaay to much daytime TV
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2008, 02:17 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,126,094 times
Anyone who would post negative things about a law firm in such a prominent place runs the risk of being sued themselves. As the TOS says so well: "This is not the right place for consumer complaints. Such posts present defamation issues and they don't give the other side the opportunity to present their side of the argument."

Old 04-30-2008, 02:23 PM

9 posts, read 24,986 times
My advice--don't do it. Settle your own claim.

Last edited by sanantonewbie; 04-30-2008 at 02:25 PM.. Reason: ...

Old 04-30-2008, 02:24 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,402,807 times
hopefully you can at least make fun of their stupid commercials.. they place them on television for the world to see and all I'll say is they look very stupid. I would definitely not do business with any of them.

Old 04-30-2008, 02:36 PM

2,397 posts, read 6,458,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
Anyone who would post negative things about a law firm in such a prominent place runs the risk of being sued themselves. As the TOS says so well: "This is not the right place for consumer complaints. Such posts present defamation issues and they don't give the other side the opportunity to present their side of the argument."
So who's complaining?

Moderator cut: personal attack

When I was in SA, I saw a Malaise Law Firm tv ad. I wonder what happened to Davis? Didn't it used to be Davis & Malaise?

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 04-30-2008 at 02:47 PM.. Reason: Personal attacks won't be tolerated... period!

Old 04-30-2008, 03:12 PM

361 posts, read 925,238 times
Wayne Wright always strikes me as full of crap. "You deserve respect and justice, so we DEMAND it!!" Yeah. You're a civil lawyer, pal. All you demand is money. The "clients" in his commercials look like dirt-bags who got a minor paint scratch on their cars then show up to court with a neck brace and wheelchair, and wanting compensation for their suffering. ANGRY FACE "someone hit me and I want compensation for my suffering!" Smiley face "Wayne Wright got me paid!"

Malaise Law firm has William Shatner, and it's hard to say no to Captain Kirk. It's easy to say no to lawyers who don't let results do the talking and instead hire Captain Kirk to get people in.

Marynell Maloney............well.................something about her bugs the hell out of me. She turns on those sad puppy-dog eyes and tries to use appeasement and manipulation of your emotional side to get customers.

Don't know anything about Steve Benke, but since he's none of the above, I'd check him out first.

Old 04-30-2008, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock's Beard View Post
Wayne Wright always strikes me as full of crap. "You deserve respect and justice, so we DEMAND it!!" Yeah. You're a civil lawyer, pal. All you demand is money. The "clients" in his commercials look like dirt-bags who got a minor paint scratch on their cars then show up to court with a neck brace and wheelchair, and wanting compensation for their suffering. ANGRY FACE "someone hit me and I want compensation for my suffering!" Smiley face "Wayne Wright got me paid!"

Malaise Law firm has William Shatner, and it's hard to say no to Captain Kirk. It's easy to say no to lawyers who don't let results do the talking and instead hire Captain Kirk to get people in.

Marynell Maloney............well.................something about her bugs the hell out of me. She turns on those sad puppy-dog eyes and tries to use appeasement and manipulation of your emotional side to get customers.

Don't know anything about Steve Benke, but since he's none of the above, I'd check him out first.
Actually, I think Malaise uses Shatner more for his Denny Crane character from Boston Legal. It's still cheesy!

Old 04-30-2008, 03:19 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,045,611 times
Marynell uses more than puppy-dog eyes. Her usual courtroom attire is a mini-skirt, and she has legs up to here! She's very successful, and if I needed a lawyer, and could afford her, I'd call her.

Old 04-30-2008, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Marynell uses more than puppy-dog eyes. Her usual courtroom attire is a mini-skirt, and she has legs up to here! She's very successful, and if I needed a lawyer, and could afford her, I'd call her.
You probably could afford her, since she probably takes contingency cases.

Old 04-30-2008, 03:39 PM

361 posts, read 925,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post

Some would call that manipulation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio