Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2011, 06:53 AM

2 posts, read 2,497 times

Advertisements

I lived in San Antonio, Texas for 32 years. I have seen it go from a cute town to a massive urban sprawl. The traffic is horrible not to mention the rush hour drive time. The weather is humid as heck and you will be sweating buckets in the summer. San Antonio thrives on being the city with the most restaurants per square mile. Most of the people are uneducated and very narrow minded. There are intelligent people in San Antonio but they are hard to find. All the intelligent people leave the city for intellectual stimulation elsewhere. The air quality in the city is pathetic you can tell the poor air quality by the smog cloud hovering over the downtown area on undesirable air day. The city needs to implement vehicle emissions testing or it all down hill from here. I am not sugar coating San Antonio like most of the natives do for their Ciudad de San Antonio. I have left the city and I am happy I am gone. Anyone that decides to move to San Antonio please do so at your own risk. The stars at night are big and bright not in San Antonio at night!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2011, 08:29 AM

810 posts, read 1,425,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azure_skye View Post
Most of the people are uneducated and very narrow minded. There are intelligent people in San Antonio but they are hard to find. All the intelligent people leave the city for intellectual stimulation elsewhere.
I guess you are one of the few intelligent people that moved away? Good for you.

Old 03-30-2011, 09:15 AM

3,770 posts, read 8,294,124 times
San Anto por vida

Old 03-30-2011, 10:47 AM

28 posts, read 80,490 times
Biggest dislike the "drivers" since most seem to be unqualified to drive. In the 13 years here they have gone from extremely curtious and respectfull to complete idiot.

Old 04-03-2011, 08:59 PM

9 posts, read 14,196 times
Just great summary of my feelings. Can't wait to leave this hell hole. Pains me to return from civilization to this place. Best time I have is to leave SA city limits and enter AUSTIN. How is that possible that this place lacks so much that makes Austin a great place? There is a lake in the middle of the city in SA and guess what, it is surrounded by mostly dilapidated buildings and not a single decent cafe or restaurant at the lake. Or walking along the "River"walk and trying to dodge the extremely obese roadblocks. Or watching the "dressed" up fat ladies that look like an italian sausage wrapped in saran. What are they thinking, that extra tight dresses will make them less fat. Yikes.
You get what you pay for, lesson learned. Time to put a fence around this place before it infects Austin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaydee View Post
-Hate the humidity
-Hate the people that call this a multi-cultural town when there is just one culture, "fake mexican" or "tex-mex"
-Hate all the Super Fat(lazy) People here
-Hate the "it's owed to me" attitude that a lot of people have here
-Hate the wreckless drivers, my commute evolves dodging all the truck/SUV drivers that think they are in the a NASCAR race
-Hate all the TRUCKS/SUVS in this town, come on people, I usually see on or two people in them. Don't you realize you are killing the earth
-Hate spurs fans, you claim to love your team, but "boo" them when they lose?!?
-Hate the smokers here, "psssst instead of flicking ur live smokes out of of ur truck why not just put in a waterbottle that is filled a third with water"
-Hate that there is a 5000+ Mexician restaurants but only 3 vegetarian diners
-hate how most of the architecture looks like that stupid alamo
-Hate that most buildings downtown are dilapidated
-Hate how all the old neighborhoods and houses look like crap but have nice shiny cars in the drive ways and flatscreen that can be seen through dirty windows
-Hate how this is a major tourist town with a championship basketball team yet the roads are in a great need of repair(where is all that revenue going?)
-Hate how it takes 2 months to put up an HEB plus but the 410/281 interchange is on its 3rd? 4th? year of construction
-Hate how people say they have city pride but will not bend over to pick up trash
-Hate all the graffiti, I love graffiti art so why not paint something that makes a statement and not a bunch of crazy looking initials
-Hate how racist this town is!!!!!
-Hate how the peoples first impulse is anger when a change in thought process is presented to them
-Hate how people want a fooball team but failed to fill all the sets when the saints played here
-Hate that san antonio turned down having a pro soccer team(EPIC FAIL)
-Hate how the homeless are treated here
-Hate how the people here clain to be christian but will waste no time breaking all the christian laws
-Hate how this town doesnt have available recycle points or recycle trash cans(I dont mean just one for paper; there should be some for plastic/metal/glass as well)
-Hate all the development is in the north
-Hate how people say his town is divided into North/South/East/West
-Hate all the litter I seen thrown out of moving Trucks/SUVs
-Hate that people can't see past San Antonio's city limits
-Hate how people put their kids on the highest of pedestals
-Hate how people here honk their horns right as the light turns green? o.O
-Hate how people here disrespect joggers
-Hate how people here disrespect pedestrians
-Hate how people here disrespect bicyclist
-Hate how people here disrespect motorcyclist
-Hate how all the good concerts are in DFW/Houstin/Austin
-Hate how all the good big museum exhibits are in DFW/Houstin/Austin
-Hate people say this is the best town yet have never lived(or traveled) anywhere else
-Hate how it takes 4 days for a letter to reach dallas when its mailed here yet will take 1 day when mailed from there
-Hate how this town voted against having more police officers

I can not wait to move out of here

Old 04-03-2011, 09:05 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,032,904 times
I <3 the hot Latinas

And the city voted against hiring more police officers? Sounds good in my book: minimizes the risk of harassment of innocent motorists for revenue generation.

Old 04-03-2011, 09:16 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,713,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaydee View Post
I can not wait to move out of here
Agreed.......

Old 04-03-2011, 09:49 PM

7,005 posts, read 12,480,242 times
I wish there were more cops on the roads to catch all of the dangerous drivers. I have been hit twice and I was injured one of those times. The way the city handled the uninsured driver with warrants was just lazy, lazy, lazy. I dodge potentially serious accidents on a weekly basis. Next time, it could be my life. If I happen to die young here, there is a good chance it'll be on the roads. I need to get life insurance.

Last edited by L210; 04-03-2011 at 09:58 PM..

Old 04-03-2011, 10:23 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,120,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muratd View Post
Can't wait to leave this hell hole. Pains me to return from civilization to this place.
I guess things haven't changed much since your other post in 2009.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muratd View Post
Frankly, I don't like San Antonio, as with most of the things here the offerings are at best mediocre.

Old 04-04-2011, 12:02 AM

3,542 posts, read 8,246,949 times
I find it completely laughable to completely hate San Antonio and then adore Austin. The differences between both cities quite frankly aren't that great. The similarities far outnumber the differences.. especially away from both city centers. You get the same cookie cutter shops, restaurants (except Austin has IKEA and Frys), suburban housing, weather, concentration of Longhorn fans, etc.

I could understand hating San Antonio and loving a city that is categorically different. Austin and SA are really only separated by stereotypes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio