Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2011, 07:40 PM

1,690 posts, read 3,618,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
y the way I threw my Whataburger bag out the window on Stone Oak Pkwy. Sorry
That's ok the Stone Oak yuppies need a dose of reality in the form of junk and junk food.

What I hate about San Antonio it's UGLY!!!! All yellows and browns no real deep green like I saw in Vermont.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2011, 08:01 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,049,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
By the way I threw my Whataburger bag out the window on Stone Oak Pkwy. Sorry
That's not surprising. You and probably about 500,000 other people do the same thing all the time.

Old 09-12-2011, 05:58 PM
nmy

15 posts, read 36,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul56 View Post
Bad drivers, in particular those drivers who pull out from a side street and cut you off at the last minute... I've never seen anything like this anywhere else.

The normally laid back SA folks seem to morph into big city rat race types once in their vehicles.

Also the nails, screws, bolts and metal pieces that seem to be strewn over the roads. Never seen anything like that anywhere else either... folks at work have all had trouble with their tires.

This is funny... I have always felt that the San Antonio drivers are slow and nosy!! I swear if I am stuck at a dead stop in traffic again because everyone is rubbernecking the guy changing his tire I will scream. In my 5 years of living here it seems the only time anyone speeds around here is when they are driving in neighborhoods....you know past parks and school zones. Oh and I love it when someone wants to change lanes so they come to a complete stop with their turn signal on - holding up traffic FOR EVERYONE behind them. I have lived in many different cities and these are the worst drivers.

Old 09-15-2011, 10:11 PM

3 posts, read 4,535 times
Default regarding bad drivers

Ok, so here's the reason people "cut in front of you". They think you are actually going to politely let them come out onto the road. People tend to do that here. Also people slow down near accidents because: 1. it's the law to slow down or at least move over for first responders so they don't get run over, and 2. many people here are medical people or military and they will render aid if necessary.

Old 09-16-2011, 08:32 AM

1,035 posts, read 2,340,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbeep View Post
Ok, so here's the reason people "cut in front of you". They think you are actually going to politely let them come out onto the road. People tend to do that here. Also people slow down near accidents because: 1. it's the law to slow down or at least move over for first responders so they don't get run over, and 2. many people here are medical people or military and they will render aid if necessary.

ah, noo. But, thanks for playing...

San Antonio drivers do not even pull over when an ambulance, police car or firetruck is blaring down the road with their sirens on. See it all the time....they just keep going. You also have daily reports of drivers plowing over pedestrians or into police cars pulled to the side of the road. So I'm not buying this "people slow down because it's the law or they want to rendor aid" argument. People are trying to see blood and guts to satisfy their own morbid curiosity. San Antonio is monopolized by those with a "me, me, me" attitude. Don't try to sugar coat it....

"will rendor aid if necessary"....that's just funny.

Old 09-16-2011, 11:55 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,822,508 times
I dislike how large this city is and how small-minded a lot of the general population seems to be.

San Antonio: Continually moving sideways since 1691.

BN

Old 09-16-2011, 12:00 PM

431 posts, read 1,204,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas View Post
I dislike how large this city is and how small-minded a lot of the general population seems to be.

San Antonio: Continually moving sideways since 1691.

BN
I agree 100%

Old 09-16-2011, 12:51 PM

108 posts, read 196,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heimerswt View Post
I agree 100%
Me too!

Old 09-16-2011, 01:18 PM

108 posts, read 196,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhugeliang1 View Post
What I hate about San Antonio it's UGLY!!!! All yellows and browns no real deep green like I saw in Vermont.
Is this to be construed as a dislike of asians and latinos, and a preference for extraterrestrials? j/k lol

Old 09-16-2011, 01:38 PM

239 posts, read 442,447 times
lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio