Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2013, 01:54 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,864,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Forest View Post
Which is now at Sunset Station:

Google Maps
Oh, I know Fred! Been there and got pics back when the Amtrak traveling museum was there. Why in hell did they paint it with crap chrome aluminum paint and string lights all over it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Forest View Post
Dave I've been here long enough to say I've driven over this bridge

hayes street bridge san antonio - Google Maps
Yep, I've driven over it many moons ago. I see they finally dressed it up and made it for foot traffic only. I hated to see the old trestle bridge on New Braunfels go. Thanks for the satellite view hadn't thought to use it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2013, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *mud* View Post
yessir Grona Mattresses............
..... http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-CaGQ2CO5gP...grona2925A.jpg
I can't make this out but it's darn similar to the A Grona Mattress oufit. But, it's up near the old Friedrich Factory.

Electric mattresses?

Old 05-06-2013, 05:34 AM

847 posts, read 2,233,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post

I can't make this out but it's darn similar to the A Grona Mattress oufit. But, it's up near the old Friedrich Factory.

Electric mattresses?
Grona liked the red brick.

electric mattresses -

magic fingers -

put in a quarter and turn out the light

Steve Goodman - This Hotel Room 1975 - YouTube

Old 05-06-2013, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Grona liked the red brick.

electric mattresses -

magic fingers -

put in a quarter and turn out the light

Steve Goodman - This Hotel Room 1975 - YouTube
Haha! Great tune Mud. I forgot about those magic finger mattresses.

Old 05-06-2013, 03:47 PM

847 posts, read 2,233,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post

Haha! Great tune Mud.

I forgot about those magic finger mattresses.
when I saw electric mattress -
..............I immediately thought of the late great gone but not forgotten Steve Goodman.

...........as to *you* forgetting --

that's what this thread is all about - we all gotta work together - remembering........

...............and here we have the late great and gone but not forgotten

........................................Canned Heat

heard them live at the Vulcan in the 1960s.............
Canned Heat - HD Let's Work Together - YouTube

Old 05-07-2013, 12:30 AM

47 posts, read 87,835 times
Quote:
when I saw electric mattress -
..............I immediately thought of the late great gone but not forgotten Steve Goodman.

...........as to *you* forgetting --

that's what this thread is all about - we all gotta work together - remembering........

...............and here we have the late great and gone but not forgotten

........................................Canned Heat

heard them live at the Vulcan in the 1960s.............

Canned Heat - HD Let's Work Together - YouTube
He wrote City of New Orleans. That old Arlo Guthrie song. I wish they would play more of that stuff on the radio.

Old 05-10-2013, 06:30 PM

136 posts, read 332,085 times
Quote:
He was one of the best. Never got to see him live, but saw my favorite, Tom Rush, live several times in both San Francisco and Boston. He's still touring and as good as ever.

Old 05-10-2013, 10:46 PM

187 posts, read 946,629 times
Made this thread regarding the Ariel house, aka Knowltons home. If anyone has info.

//www.city-data.com/forum/san-a...ricksburg.html

Old 05-18-2013, 01:52 PM

2 posts, read 4,437 times
Cool san antonio viva siempre

wow, reading this forum reminds of my childhood and teen years!

some of pami's San Antonio highlights:
Living on base at Randolph AFB - loving the way they decorated the TajMahal with christmas lights to move like a huge bell with the Holy Manger nearby, then later off Keystone and Evers/Wurzbach area.
My Mom+Dad taking us to Jim's Frontier Burger then driving us thru Brackenridge Park - I loved crossing the place in the road where the river flowed across it, and PlayLand Park's little metal trains and trams and ferris wheel, having our birthday parties there, popcorn, cotton candy... great childhood - 1958-68!
Playing in the San Antonio River with my cousins - running under the street tunnels off Riverside Drive.
After a airforce tour in Turkey, we went to California, then returned to our beloved hometown in 1974: Freaking out at teen car trips to The Midget Mansion, Woman Hollering Creek, The Rail Tracks that the AngelKids Push you over, The Wishing Well at the abandoned subdivision.
Mrs. Patterson's Awesome Drama and Life Coach Guidance and Fun at Holmes High School... We did a Halloween play for an orphanage that was soooooo very cool... I played Medusa ~~*.*~~
Rehearsing play lines and sharing little kings and laughs at Snowden.
I saw my fave movie star, Roddie McDowell at La Hasienda Dinner Playhouse.
Had my first "legal" alcoholic cocktail drink at the Spinning Bar of the Hemisphere Tower - Thank you, Royce "Alice Cooper" Mackrel - RIP, Dearest Friend. Worked sound with MHMR's excellent production of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. John's Wooden Rose of Texas kiosks entertained Wonderland Mall, the Airport and the RiverWalk. The Wild Rose was always a kick up the fun place, and the Riverwalk's Bwana Dick was a treat!
My mom was a Burlesque dancer, Kitty Marlowe, before I was born and tease~danced at the Green Gate Burlesque Club - that's where my Dad scooped her up! She is 73 and still reminesces her glory days ~their glory days, my dad, "Van" used to drag race his Cobra engined Mustang, and they'd go on Road Rally's... their favorite watering hole was The What's It To Ya, where they had many fun times with the Dart Tournaments and Chili Cook Offs, and Niosa Festivals!
Fond Memories, indeed, this San Antonio Rose has been away so long... time to reacquaint

Old 05-18-2013, 11:13 PM

263 posts, read 480,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamivanst View Post
wow, reading this forum reminds of my childhood and teen years!

Some of pami's san antonio highlights:
Living on base at randolph afb - loving the way they decorated the tajmahal with christmas lights to move like a huge bell with the holy manger nearby, then later off keystone and evers/wurzbach area.
My mom+dad taking us to jim's frontier burger then driving us thru brackenridge park - i loved crossing the place in the road where the river flowed across it, and playland park's little metal trains and trams and ferris wheel, having our birthday parties there, popcorn, cotton candy... Great childhood - 1958-68!
Playing in the san antonio river with my cousins - running under the street tunnels off riverside drive.
After a airforce tour in turkey, we went to california, then returned to our beloved hometown in 1974: Freaking out at teen car trips to the midget mansion, woman hollering creek, the rail tracks that the angelkids push you over, the wishing well at the abandoned subdivision.
Mrs. Patterson's awesome drama and life coach guidance and fun at holmes high school... We did a halloween play for an orphanage that was soooooo very cool... I played medusa ~~*.*~~
rehearsing play lines and sharing little kings and laughs at snowden.
I saw my fave movie star, roddie mcdowell at la hasienda dinner playhouse.
Had my first "legal" alcoholic cocktail drink at the spinning bar of the hemisphere tower - thank you, royce "alice cooper" mackrel - rip, dearest friend. Worked sound with mhmr's excellent production of one flew over the cuckoo's nest. John's wooden rose of texas kiosks entertained wonderland mall, the airport and the riverwalk. The wild rose was always a kick up the fun place, and the riverwalk's bwana dick was a treat!
My mom was a burlesque dancer, kitty marlowe, before i was born and tease~danced at the green gate burlesque club - that's where my dad scooped her up! She is 73 and still reminesces her glory days ~their glory days, my dad, "van" used to drag race his cobra engined mustang, and they'd go on road rally's... Their favorite watering hole was the what's it to ya, where they had many fun times with the dart tournaments and chili cook offs, and niosa festivals!
Fond memories, indeed, this san antonio rose has been away so long... Time to reacquaint
welcome home pami,things have changed a bit, but" san anto" still has it's charm.i to went to holmes .class of '73.mr.carroll was my drama teacher.had a bit in 'lil'abner.if you know someone that has a '73 year book,you'll see it all.again welcome back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio