Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2011, 08:22 PM

2,382 posts, read 3,499,049 times

Advertisements

I need to stop reading this thread when I'm hungry!

Hmmmm....what's in the fridge?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2011, 06:37 PM

1,707 posts, read 2,983,094 times
Harmon's BBQ out in Cibolo.

It's probably my favorite barbecue place in the SA area.

Last edited by Beretta; 06-04-2011 at 07:44 PM..

Old 06-04-2011, 09:38 PM

554 posts, read 1,065,769 times
We went and ate at the Incredible Pizza Company today. Yesterday was my birthday, and Thursday was our grandson's birthday, and we both like pizza, so we figured it would be a good place to go. Now, I don't consider places like Incredible restaurants as much as arcades that sell food, but I will address it as a restaurant here.

This was our first time at Incredible, and I didn't walk in with my hopes too high, as any buffet place isn't known to have top notch food, and buffet pizza places are particularly bad as far as I am concerned. There are some exceptions; I thought Gatti's used to have good pizza before they shut down in San Antonio, and wile I don't find CiCi's pizza as good as Gatti's, it certainly beats Peter Piper and Chuck W Cheese. But wait, Peter Piper's and Chuck E. Cheese aren't buffets are they? Oh well, but they are kids game places that sells pizza. We do go to CiCi's about once every year or two, while the only time we will go to Peter Piper's or Chuck E Cheese is if we are invited to a kids party there.

I would place Incredible in the same league as Peter Piper and Check E Cheese, at least as far as the food goes. I will say as far as games, entertainment, and value, it is far above either of those two places. The pizza was about on the level of frozen pizza you buy at HEB. In fact, some frozen pizza is even better. The salad bar was OK, but far from great. They did have other food on the buffet, like spaghetti, baked potatoes, taco fixens, and mac and cheese. I made a taco, and it was edible. I tried a baked potatoe, and it was only so-so; it was kind of cold, and would have been better hot, and I didn't see any sour cream for it. My wife tried the spaghetti and said it was bland. The desert was run of the mill buffet desert, nothing to write home about.

One of the things I really noticed there was while it didn't seem to be overly crowded, it was like people were talking around not paying attention to where they were going or something. I had to dodge people like a NFL running back just to walk around in the eating area; it was a strange experience. At one point it even seemed like there was a whole family of people walking around with food on their plates and eating. Like I say, there were a good number of people there, but there were seats available for dining. So I wasn't sure what this family was doing, maybe they just didn't like eating setting down.

After we finished our first plate of food, we went for a second round and came back to find our table clean. I guess that speaks well for how they clean up after customers very quickly, in this case they took our dirnks and everything; heck my wife hadn't even taken a sip out of her's but they took it anyway!

After we ate we went and joined the kids in the play area(s). I was impressed with the number of activities they had for the kids to do, especially the bumper cars, go karts, and bowling. Also, the price to play the games was only $0.25.

While we were in the play area with the kids I got a real bad stomach ache, as did my wife. Now to be honest I think I had a bit of stomach flu recently, as I spent the majority of Memorial Day weekend with a stomach ache. So this could have just been a last ditch flare up of that, but that doesn't explain my wife's stomach ache.

Overall it is a great place for the kids, they will love it. I would say it's more geared to all ages of kids than Peter Piper and even more so Check E. Cheese. There are some games for the small one's, nut not a lot. As far as the food goes however, I wouldn't certainly go for that. Whatever you do, print out a coupon from their web page before you go. We got a couppn for 4 buffets, plus $20 for games, and it was only $39.99 plus tax. Considering the game money, that's only $5 a piece for the food and drinks. I guess that is ok. but I could have got a tastier meal at McDonalds for the same $5.

Old 06-05-2011, 05:11 PM

4,268 posts, read 8,169,139 times
Ate at Moroccan Bites on Saturday, was really good!

Old 06-05-2011, 08:16 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,339,314 times
omg -- the new spicey chicken sandwich with jalapenos at McDonald's! Got a coupon for a free one and it was the best thing I ever ate there. Of course, this old bod paid for it later, but it tasted great going down

Old 06-06-2011, 08:39 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,383,829 times
La Casa "authentic Mexican food" just outside the main gate of Osan AB, Korea. They advertise three real Mexican cooks on their sign, so I had to try it. The food was actually really good and the guys in the kitchen appeared to be actual Mexicans, or at least definitely not Koreans..
It wasn't Tex Mex, though, or even norteño. Reminded me more of the far southern Mexican food I've had around Acapulco.

Old 06-06-2011, 09:52 AM

1,848 posts, read 4,682,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06Girly View Post
"There" Look where I currently live...
Right, SA is a 'big' city. So asking where to eat could take you to the Hill Country or on the Riverwalk.

If you are staying downtown, I don't know why you would haul your cookies all the way to the La Cantera area to eat at the Yardhouse which is a glorified Friday's.

So, indicating where "there" is would be helpful. Where do you typically stay while in SA?

Old 06-06-2011, 09:58 AM

487 posts, read 991,638 times
Sough Pizzeria on Blanco. Went early, so didn't have to wait and ate ouside, which was not too bad. Appetizers were really good (had some antipasto and fresh mozzarella) and by the time the pizzas arrived I was already full. Pizzas themselves were pretty good too. I wonder when they'll expand into a 'real' location....

Old 06-06-2011, 10:04 AM

1,848 posts, read 4,682,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amexicano View Post
Sough Pizzeria on Blanco. Went early, so didn't have to wait and ate ouside, which was not too bad. Appetizers were really good (had some antipasto and fresh mozzarella) and by the time the pizzas arrived I was already full. Pizzas themselves were pretty good too. I wonder when they'll expand into a 'real' location....

They are expanding to Dallas...

Old 06-06-2011, 03:47 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,819,792 times
Dough is fine and dandy, but until they expand to a location that is customer-friendly, I won't go. I don't fight a crowd to eat pizza. It's usually so ridiculously busy (and they don't take a res).

Perhaps they should focus on expansion within their home base before going all 'Dallas' on us. I guess time will tell if this is a good business move.

BN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio