Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2009, 03:35 AM

61,725 posts, read 87,147,355 times

Advertisements

Spinach salad with grilled salmon...... at Luther's. Delicious!!!

Last edited by elnina; 01-22-2010 at 02:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2009, 06:39 AM

427 posts, read 1,174,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaGrace View Post
Grimaldi's was good. We met friends for an early dinner at 6:00. My husband, best friend and I got to the restaurant at about 5:50, and they went ahead and set up a table for us. By the time the rest of our party got there at 6:00 our table was ready and waiting for us the nine of us, complete with a booster chair for the 2.5 year old and a high chair for the 11 month old.

Our waiter was attentive and well informed, and not afraid to call for reinforcements when they were needed.

My husband and I ordered the pesto pizza with sun dried tomatoes and a regular pizza with pepperonis and mushrooms. Both were very good. The crust was a-freakin'-mazing. Everyone in our party was happy with their pizza.

And they have Leinie on tap. Seriously? What's not to love.
Glad you guys enjoyed Grimaldi's. The crust is amazing isn't it

Old 08-23-2009, 12:43 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,341,507 times
Double Dave's Pizza on N. New Braunfels on Friday. They have a really good lunch buffet with salad, pizza, pasta and desserts I was in the neighborhood picking up my 10K race packet from Fleet Feet Sports and figured since I was running 10K the next day, why not load up on pizza?

Old 08-23-2009, 12:51 PM

124 posts, read 253,166 times
Silo on 1604 -- had the fixed price - seated before 6.30 pm. Beef Tenderloin $35. The food and service were excellent.

Also Nelson Wolf and Sen Hutchinson were a few tables over.

Old 08-23-2009, 02:15 PM

325 posts, read 781,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlamoCpl View Post
Glad you guys enjoyed Grimaldi's. The crust is amazing isn't it
I was at Grimaldi's Friday night, it was great as usual!!

I really like the Brooklyn Lager on tap!

We went with a couple who had never been, they commented on how fresh the Mediterranean Salad was.

The Pies..

Shot of the crust..

Old 08-23-2009, 02:41 PM

1,086 posts, read 3,360,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas View Post
Agreed. Bill Millers has made me violently ill the last two times I ate there... I'd much rather make the drive to Rudys for good BBQ that likely won't make me feel horrible afterward.

While I haven't eaten there yet, I'm planning on taking on Osteria at The Pearl, as well as a 'preview' dinner at the new Rivercenter Fogo De Chao.

Details to come

BN

I went to Rudy's and the food was great. However I asked for a half chicken all white and they would not give it to me, said they only sell half chicken dark/white meat. If a customer asks for it and it's feasible I think the place should make the customer happy. They lost my business.

Old 08-23-2009, 02:59 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,825,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eger View Post
I went to Rudy's and the food was great. However I asked for a half chicken all white and they would not give it to me, said they only sell half chicken dark/white meat. If a customer asks for it and it's feasible I think the place should make the customer happy. They lost my business.
For some reason, I don't think they need your business...mine either.

That place does quite well.

Old 08-24-2009, 11:04 AM

1,552 posts, read 2,330,165 times
Sea Island - sigh - an old standby but I had a broiled red snapper filet with spinach and cole slaw - put some butter and lemon on it. Cost about $14 and was better than a crappy piece of red snapper I had for more than twice the price at a fancy, dancy bistro.

Yep, I carried my own tray - so I didn't have to give the waitperson more money.

Old 08-24-2009, 11:16 AM

247 posts, read 844,197 times
Aldacos Stone Oak, over rated. Service was just so, so & I found the two entrees that were safe for vegetarian consumption boring. Won't be back.
Carrinos-great service, good food, sometimes a chain is just fine when you don't feel like cooking.
That Grimaldis looks great, it's on my must try list! Thanks for the photos.

Old 08-24-2009, 02:28 PM

1,086 posts, read 3,360,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
For some reason, I don't think they need your business...mine either.

That place does quite well.
Perhaps you're right, but money is money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio