Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 07:20 PM

872 posts, read 1,856,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie1226 View Post
I know, I know...we are all sick of hearing about this.

I seriously need to get this vaccine. I am 34 weeks pregnant and the base doesn't have them. I have called Metropolitan Health and they don't have them and don't know when they are getting them.

Now I am reading that 40,000 Texas Prisioners are getting them before the general public. WTF!!!

Has anyone in the area gotten one? If so WHERE????
Hope you find the vaccine and some soap to wash out your mouth before the baby comes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2009, 07:37 PM

107 posts, read 424,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhugeliang1 View Post
Julie, I don't know how far out you want to go, but I think in Houston they have the vaccine. There's a thread going on in the Houston City Data about where to get it. There was even a photo in the Sunday paper of a San Antonio kid getting his shot in the Woodlands drive through shot clinic. I hope this helps, that's the best I can do...
Hmm...well, this is certainly something to consider! Thanks!

Old 10-30-2009, 05:00 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,449,871 times
I work at WHMC and since I am a health care provider, the vaccine is suppose to be made available to us for patient safety purposes. I will be glad to let you know when they have done so, and that should be a good indicator that it will be available soon to others.

If you are expecting, you might get some "heads up" info from the OB Clinic since I thought that those expecting were also being given priority for the immunizations.

While there may be questions about the vaccine, there are known factors with this virus, and sometimes you have to weigh the risks against the benefits...this time I feel the benefits FAR outway the risks, IMHO.

I was a baby with the Polio vaccine came out, and like my folks told me, they had to risk giving their child something potentially unknown to protect against a VERY known, real, and fast spreading risk (polio). As parents they weighed their options and felt the disease was much risker.

Old 10-30-2009, 06:21 AM

Yes, Paka, please let me know as soon as you know something. Thank you! The OB and L&D know nothing. I am in COB (high risk) and they know nothing. I have just been HIGHLY recommended to get it.

I couldn't agree with you more about the benefits of this vaccine.

Old 10-30-2009, 07:44 AM

73 posts, read 229,148 times
I went to my clinic (Dr. Kellum on Marbach between 410 and Military Dr) last week for an appointment, and I inquired about the H1N1 vaccine. Turns out it's available there. Seems like it's kind of hit-or-miss in terms of which places carry the vaccine.

Old 10-30-2009, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianoboypinoyJR View Post
I went to my clinic (Dr. Kellum on Marbach between 410 and Military Dr) last week for an appointment, and I inquired about the H1N1 vaccine. Turns out it's available there. Seems like it's kind of hit-or-miss in terms of which places carry the vaccine.

I spoke to them yesterday. Unfortunately, their supply of H1N1 vaccinations is for "establish patients" only. But thank you for letting me know.

Old 10-30-2009, 11:24 AM

61,659 posts, read 87,041,175 times
We are waiting for our vaccine too... I will let you know as soon we get it. Wonder if you could get mine, since I declined. I will ask if there is a possibility.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:21 PM

69 posts, read 202,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie1226 View Post
Yes, Paka, please let me know as soon as you know something. Thank you! The OB and L&D know nothing. I am in COB (high risk) and they know nothing. I have just been HIGHLY recommended to get it.

I couldn't agree with you more about the benefits of this vaccine.
WH has H1N1 vaccine for "VERY HIGH RISK" pregnant women....
i dont know if you're one of those, but your OB doc can ask immunizations if you qualify.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:32 PM

1,510 posts, read 2,962,968 times
Two things:

1) The State of Texas is NOT providing vaccines to prison inmates. They ARE vaccinating guards.
2) The City of San Antonio is (as of yesterday) very, very low on vaccine. Very low.

--Dim

Old 11-03-2009, 03:42 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,449,871 times
Julie, just sent you a DM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio