Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 07:40 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,036,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I last paid at HEB about 2 years ago. Their policy at the time was, you could pay there as long as you didn't let the tags expire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ged_782 View Post
I got a new sticker at an HEB a couple of months ago for my vehicle. You need to have the renewal notice you got in the mail, and they can't do it if it has already expired. They also charge a $1 service fee.
Great info, thanks! I do it online these days, but someone else may use HEB!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2009, 08:12 PM

3,503 posts, read 19,889,611 times
It should tell you how to do it on line. If they expire the end of January, you should have time to get it done.

Old 12-30-2009, 08:37 PM

68 posts, read 272,927 times
awesome! Thanks! I knew this would be the best place to come for help.

Old 12-31-2009, 09:02 AM

184 posts, read 462,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Can you still renew them at HEB? It's been years since I've done that.
Yes you can pay at HEB i do it all the time, just make sure you have proof of insurance and your license and you are good to go.

Old 12-31-2009, 12:28 PM

8,534 posts, read 7,404,265 times
Does Texas require vehicles to be inspected? Once a year or what?

Old 12-31-2009, 12:33 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,036,574 times
Yes, once a year. It's easiest if your registration tag and your inspection tag are for the same month--you get both done and you're done for the year.

Old 12-31-2009, 12:59 PM

8,534 posts, read 7,404,265 times
WOW ~~ they haven't initiated that in Illinois ~~ yet. My daughter lives in Tennessee and they have vehicle inspections there also.

Old 12-31-2009, 04:45 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,047,374 times
Yahaw got my HR inspected today and me new sticker on it. Official Inspectin' Station is up to $18.00 now, in case anyone is interested.

Old 01-01-2010, 02:38 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,670,925 times
Quote:
Yes, once a year. It's easiest if your registration tag and your inspection tag are for the same month--you get both done and you're done for the year.
True. If you buy a new car, then your initial inspection is good for 2 years.

Old 01-01-2010, 06:19 PM

4,329 posts, read 7,235,823 times
Quote:
If you want your registration to expire the same month as your inspection sticker, you may have to go ahead and have your vehicle re-inspected the same month that your registration expires. I think most of the car dealers do the State Inspection on new vehicles as soon as they are delivered from the factory. That's often one way to tell right off the bat how long a new vehicle has been sitting on the dealer's lot. When the vehicle is initially registered, the expiration will be on the last day of the eleventh month after the initial registration date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
True. If you buy a new car, then your initial inspection is good for 2 years.
Yes, the initial inspection sticker is permitted to be issued for two years, but once a two-year sticker has been issued to a particular new vehicle, all subsequent inspections are only good for one year.

I learned that the hard way several years ago when I bought a brand new car that had been sitting on a dealer's lot for a looong time. There was still a little more than a year left on the two-year sticker, but the car had a damaged windshield that the dealer agreed to replace prior to delivery. They also told me they would go ahead and issue a new inspection sticker, since the initial sticker had been issued so long ago. When I took delivery of the car, it had a new inspection sticker, but it was only for one year, giving me less time than what was left on the initial two-year sticker. They told me that the law does not allow another two-year sticker to be issued after the initial one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio