Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2012, 10:06 PM

4,307 posts, read 9,557,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willsatx View Post
I had family in town and they were staying a block away and I took them there, its still nice and clean. It seems the staff is on top of things and a plus is you have to buy something to use the restrooms, they turned away someone who just ordered a small coffee to use the bathroom. Good for them for keeping the place up.
Really? Their rule is you have to buy something, the guy bought something, and they wouldn't let him use the restroom? are you sure that's legal?
Have they posted signs saying you must purchase a certain amount to use the restroom?

btw - to anyone downtown he needs restrooms, you can generally walk into most downtown hotels to use them. No need to deal with Whataburger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2012, 08:37 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,429,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoiler View Post
That is inhumane.
I'm not thinking you know the definition of "inhumane". They're keeping their restrooms for their customers that are enjoying their restaurant. There are hundreds of restrooms within 100 yards of the restaurant.

I enjoy businesses that do things like this and treat their customers with respect. Whataburger is a pretty well oiled machine. They don't have these rules in place for no reason.

Did you know they have to replace their urinals incredibly frequently at the location near Billy Bob's in Ft. Worth? It's not uncommon to have drunk people come in after a night out, get a drink, and then for some reason, idiots think it's funny to rip urinals off of the wall.

These are the types of things you don't know about if you're not running the company. These are the reasons for certain rules. Because unbeknownst to you, they MAY just be saving the company a ton of money with these rules.

Old 09-11-2012, 09:37 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,780,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
I'm not thinking you know the definition of "inhumane". They're keeping their restrooms for their customers that are enjoying their restaurant. There are hundreds of restrooms within 100 yards of the restaurant.

I enjoy businesses that do things like this and treat their customers with respect. Whataburger is a pretty well oiled machine. They don't have these rules in place for no reason.

Did you know they have to replace their urinals incredibly frequently at the location near Billy Bob's in Ft. Worth? It's not uncommon to have drunk people come in after a night out, get a drink, and then for some reason, idiots think it's funny to rip urinals off of the wall.

These are the types of things you don't know about if you're not running the company. These are the reasons for certain rules. Because unbeknownst to you, they MAY just be saving the company a ton of money with these rules.
While I understand the need for these rules, Whataburger was still wrong to refuse a customer buying a cup of coffee access to the restroom. You shouldn't have to buy a #7 combo to use the bathroom.

Old 09-11-2012, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post
While I understand the need for these rules, Whataburger was still wrong to refuse a customer buying a cup of coffee access to the restroom. You shouldn't have to buy a #7 combo to use the bathroom.
If you're a private company, you have the right to do whatever you want to do. They don't enact any rules/policies/etc without a TON of research. They have a reason for doing that, and they're a privately owned company, so that's their right.

Don't like it, go elsewhere? Pretty simple.

Old 09-11-2012, 10:04 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,780,002 times
Quote:
If you're a private company, you have the right to do whatever you want to do. They don't enact any rules/policies/etc without a TON of research. They have a reason for doing that, and they're a privately owned company, so that's their right.

Don't like it, go elsewhere? Pretty simple.
You didn't say anything I don't know already. I am aware of Whataburger having the right to set this rule. I am just saying I don't agree with it.

Old 09-11-2012, 10:44 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,821,723 times
The point I think we're missing here is this...

IT'S WHATABURGER: Moderator cut: Off-Topic

This whole restroom debacle is ridiculous. If you are a customer, in any way, shape or form, you have a right to use their facilities. For them to require a large purchase of grease to use their toilets is ridiculous and even more reason for me to never give them a dime of my money.

BN

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 09-11-2012 at 03:40 PM..

Old 09-11-2012, 10:58 AM

77 posts, read 124,997 times
Quote:

Yep, "saving the company a ton of money with these rules" by denying someone you just sold a cup of coffee to access to a toilet is pretty much the definition of inhumanity. Look it up.

Old 09-11-2012, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoiler View Post
Yep, "saving the company a ton of money with these rules" by denying someone you just sold a cup of coffee to access to a toilet is pretty much the definition of inhumanity. Look it up.
If they had locked this gentleman in a room and not allowed him to go to the restroom, causing his bladder to burst, THAT would be inhumane. Asking him to go elsewhere is not.

Apparently saying "no" is now inhumane. Ladies and gentlemen...I give you the entitlement culture we live in. Say something you disagree with, you're inhumane. Don't give someone what they want, inhumane.

Go to a third world country and learn the meaning of inhumane.

Old 09-11-2012, 11:59 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,878,067 times
You go Kev if only you were there to point him the way to Haven for Hope!!!!1

Old 09-11-2012, 12:23 PM

4,437 posts, read 5,349,686 times
I'm sorry but the DT area is invaded on the weekends late at night with pure human trash. I'm surprised either of these Moderator cut: edit places have bathrooms in their stores. Have any of you walked past one of these places around 1 AM?

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 09-11-2012 at 03:42 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio