Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 05:30 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,296,264 times

Advertisements

You can definitely see the church buildings on the property. Does anybody know if these were demolished as well?
Attached Thumbnails
NE Side - Abandoned/Haunted House on Stahl Rd?-weirdhouse2.jpg   NE Side - Abandoned/Haunted House on Stahl Rd?-weirdhouse3.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2011, 05:33 PM

There are also some odd older structures that appear to be on the property as well. Is this first one a water tower or grain silo?

And is the second one an old foundation or a cemetery? Could the grave mentioned by one poster above be here?
Attached Thumbnails
NE Side - Abandoned/Haunted House on Stahl Rd?-weirdhouse4.jpg   NE Side - Abandoned/Haunted House on Stahl Rd?-weirdhouse6.jpg  

Old 07-21-2011, 05:51 PM

554 posts, read 1,068,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
None But Christ Christian Church

NBC Development Company?

Coincidence or connection? Maybe there's more to this mystery...
And don't forget Neal B Carter

Old 07-21-2011, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowBar View Post
And don't forget Neal B Carter
Now that's just crazy talk!!!

Old 07-22-2011, 03:15 AM

16 posts, read 48,527 times
[quote=GWhopper;20121011]Now that's just crazy talk!!!:

I entered Neal B Carter in to google and found something else interesting...one of the search results pulled up CorporationWiki.com page. When I clicked on it shows a Neal Carter and a women named Beth Carter. Names him as president to a few companies. If you click on one called lonestar state Inc , it lists the same Stahl road adress as well. When you click on the Stahl road address lists 5 different company names under that address. Two of those being NBC. Also list two other individuals tied to same address. Might have become just a big legal mess possibly.

Last edited by Caity115; 07-22-2011 at 03:19 AM.. Reason: Misspelled word

Old 08-03-2011, 06:57 PM

2 posts, read 6,878 times
Its seems they tried to work their initials into everything. There is a business address that I've ran across. 9033 Aero #35 or something like that, its off of Broadway and Mannix. I'm thinking there was some major structural issues with the house and it became mold ridden. Why else would someone walk away from a house like that. There was a Stable, a horse barn, tennis courts, swimming pool and a bath house. BCAD lists the house as in Carter Subdivision.

Old 08-04-2011, 11:52 AM
RGJ

1,903 posts, read 4,734,970 times
There were some major holes in the roof and rain did its' damage. The inside(I'm told), was still somehwat furnished. Furniture, dishes, tooth/hair brushes, pictures strewn about. Don't know how long it was that no one lived in it. Maybe a few years?

Old 08-06-2011, 11:03 AM

1 posts, read 3,650 times
Would anyone know how to go about buying it? I would hate to see it one day be a new subdivision for 50 more houses squished together.

Old 06-18-2012, 12:01 PM

3 posts, read 7,788 times
I drive by this creepy house daily and before the place got demolished I saw a bunch of FBI agents and an ambulance truck sitting outside the property. Never did find out what happened. Couldn't find anything on mysa either. Take this with a grain of salt but my sister was at the bar close by and somebody told her that they found a woman's body chopped up in the bathtub. So I'm assuming that's why all the FBI and the ambulance was there. I've looked up Moderator cut: no names please (the owner?) and apparently he's still around and his wife too. There was also a number for that house too. If anybody else saw the FBI or ambulance please add to this. I think he said the place was a church so he didn't have to pay property taxes. The place is so damn big.

Not sure if people are still posting here but this house has always interested me.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 06-18-2012 at 03:33 PM.. Reason: Use DMs for personal info only

Old 06-18-2012, 06:49 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,867,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX301 View Post
I drive by this creepy house daily and before the place got demolished I saw a bunch of FBI agents and an ambulance truck sitting outside the property. Never did find out what happened. Couldn't find anything on mysa either. Take this with a grain of salt but my sister was at the bar close by and somebody told her that they found a woman's body chopped up in the bathtub. So I'm assuming that's why all the FBI and the ambulance was there. I've looked up Moderator cut: no names please (the owner?) and apparently he's still around and his wife too. There was also a number for that house too. If anybody else saw the FBI or ambulance please add to this. I think he said the place was a church so he didn't have to pay property taxes. The place is so damn big.

Not sure if people are still posting here but this house has always interested me.
Is it still there or was it demolished?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio