Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 12:14 AM

107 posts, read 338,641 times

Advertisements

If your coming here with no job or place to live. You are not really 'moving' to SD. You are more than likely taking a long vacation before you return to your sanity. Which will take you back to Tucson. Nobody is going to hire you. Sorry to be blunt but this is a bad, bad, bad job market. There are thousands of locals you will be competing with. Its unlikely you will parachute into SD. and find a job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2018, 08:46 PM

1 posts, read 795 times
Okay moving to Paradise San Diego . I have lived here off and on for many yrs. San Diego was nice 25 yrs. ago. Now the freeways are full of stop go traffic , only time it is not would be 10AM till 2 PM. Also their is no parking any place so you must drive around for hrs. to find place. Busses are bad. Rent for one bedroom start at $1000/ mt. You will need two jobs. Most weekends if the weather warm enough the beaches are full. The Pacific ocean is cold and dirty. Sewer from TJ runs into ocean and it runs north along San Diego Beaches. I have two children 25 and 26 they have tried to live in San Diego for one yr. They are tired of Rufugees ( like they have all moved to San Diego, they try to get along but they have really different ways.) My kids are moving to Tucson Rent is only 1/2 what San Diego and kids are bilingual spansh. I myself grew up in Tucson and yes it has its problems but not as many as San Diego has now.

Old 01-30-2018, 09:38 PM

8,391 posts, read 7,646,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayans2012 View Post
I have lived here off and on for many yrs. San Diego was nice 25 yrs. ago. Now the freeways are full of stop go traffic , only time it is not would be 10AM till 2 PM. Also their is no parking any place so you must drive around for hrs. to find place. Busses are bad. Rent for one bedroom start at $1000/ mt. .
The person who started this thread last was on City Data in 2010 - eight years ago. They were 20 then, so they're now older than your kids.

I think we can safely let this zombie thread go quietly off into the sunset.

P.S. I'd like to know where you are finding one bedroom apartments for $1000 a month in San Diego. Maybe you're still stuck in 2010 yourself.

Old 01-30-2018, 09:43 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,330,693 times
They're around, but you wouldn't want to live in the areas that they're in.

Old 01-30-2018, 09:47 PM

8,391 posts, read 7,646,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
They're around, but you wouldn't want to live in the areas that they're in.
Well, I know YOU know where they are, but suggesting that they're readily available everywhere in SD is like being stuck in a time warp.

Again, let's let this zombie thread die a peaceful death.

Old 01-30-2018, 10:04 PM

3,941 posts, read 6,727,785 times
No response from the OP yet?

Old 01-30-2018, 10:41 PM

3,143 posts, read 2,659,627 times
Quote:
Okay moving to Paradise San Diego . I have lived here off and on for many yrs. San Diego was nice 25 yrs. ago. Now the freeways are full of stop go traffic , only time it is not would be 10AM till 2 PM. Also their is no parking any place so you must drive around for hrs. to find place. Busses are bad. Rent for one bedroom start at $1000/ mt. You will need two jobs. Most weekends if the weather warm enough the beaches are full. The Pacific ocean is cold and dirty. Sewer from TJ runs into ocean and it runs north along San Diego Beaches. I have two children 25 and 26 they have tried to live in San Diego for one yr. They are tired of Rufugees ( like they have all moved to San Diego, they try to get along but they have really different ways.) My kids are moving to Tucson Rent is only 1/2 what San Diego and kids are bilingual spansh. I myself grew up in Tucson and yes it has its problems but not as many as San Diego has now.

Why did you bump a 7 and a half year old thread?

Old 01-30-2018, 11:20 PM

3,416 posts, read 2,457,910 times
So someone creates a profile to bash San Diego on a 7+ year old thread? Sorry things haven’t worked out for you, I wish you the best.

Old 01-31-2018, 05:25 AM

3,079 posts, read 1,745,013 times
Don't do this, San Diego doesn't need more homeless...

Old 01-31-2018, 11:24 PM

1,108 posts, read 1,384,067 times
Quote:
The parking in San Diego is one of the worst things ever. Having to drive around hunting for a spot is a terrible way to spend time. You definitely gave a good reality check on the downsides of San Diego.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego