Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 02:06 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,986,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Not really. Anything we do to illuminate facsism is a day well spent imho. No pay required.
Here in this country ... when we don't agree with the law ... we petition to our government to change it.

But as long as the law is in effect ... we are all required to follow it.

There is nothing "fascist" about it.

It is Democracy at work!

Democracy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Democracy is a form of government in which all eligible citizens participate equally—either directly or through elected representatives—in the proposal, development, and creation of laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2013, 02:21 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times
Even when the gov't goes out of it's way to hide the law? (no street signs). No postings no information given from the city to the condo assn? At what point does the gov't have an equal responsibility. Civic equity and fairless leads to democracy and those values lead to equitable laws. You can easily see here that the law is unfair applied unequitably yet you continue to defend it and cite those who violate it as simple minded and just dumb...not able to disagree. Hmmmm. Where I come from we call that cheating.

Old 09-21-2013, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Even when the gov't goes out of it's way to hide the law? (no street signs). No postings no information given from the city to the condo assn? At what point does the gov't have an equal responsibility. Civic equity and fairless leads to democracy and those values lead to equitable laws. You can easily see here that the law is unfair applied unequitably yet you continue to defend it and cite those who violate it as simple minded and just dumb...not able to disagree. Hmmmm. Where I come from we call that cheating.
Sorry ... but it would be a huge waste of taxpayer money to post the 72 hour law on every single street and highway in our city.

The only time street signs are used is when certain rules apply to certain streets and not others.

And the law is not being hidden. It is right here on San Diego Government's website for you to read it:

http://docs.sandiego.gov/municode/Mu...Division01.pdf

If you are too lazy to read the above laws ... then that is not the city's fault.

Old 09-21-2013, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Sorry ... but it would be a huge waste of taxpayer money to post the 72 hour law on every single street and highway in our city.

And the law is not being hidden. It is right here on San Diego Government's website for you to read it:

http://docs.sandiego.gov/municode/Mu...Division01.pdf

If you are too lazy to read the above laws ... then that is not the city's fault.
We disagree. So back to my question. Are people allowed to disagree....in a democracy?

Old 09-21-2013, 02:58 PM

Quote:
We disagree. So back to my question. Are people allowed to disagree....in a democracy?
Yes people get to disagree in a Democracy. That is exactly what Democracy is all about.

However, I think I've said enough on this topic already.

You were wrong. You broke the law. Just pay the $53 and be done with it.

You are just wasting people's time trying to argue about it.

Old 09-21-2013, 03:00 PM

So I disagree with you.

But you still want to enforce your viewpoint onto me, insist that I adopt your viewpoint stop talking and get on with paying money and then you say it's ok to back it with the force of law.

That is not a democracy. That is facsism.

Perhaps in the future You will know the difference.

Old 09-21-2013, 03:39 PM

Quote:
So I disagree with you.

But you still want to enforce your viewpoint onto me, insist that I adopt your viewpoint stop talking and get on with paying money and then you say it's ok to back it with the force of law.

That is not a democracy. That is facsism.

Perhaps in the future You will know the difference.
Sorry ... it's not my "viewpoint" ... it's a fact. You broke the law.

And regarding your fascism comments, I think this "parking ticket" conversation is starting to become a bit too "tin-foil-hat" like to waste any more of my time.

Perhaps in the future You will learn how to spell "fascism"?

Old 09-21-2013, 03:51 PM

Devil is in the details. See ya.

Old 09-21-2013, 09:30 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times
Anchorage CAC 9.30.150: No person may park a vehicle on any street, public way or municipally owned parking lot for a period of time longer than 24 hours, except from Friday noon until Monday noon.

I've never been to Alaska. Are you saying that every street and public way in Anchorage are equipped with signs warning drivers of this code, including the outlying areas (like Sabre Springs)?

Old 09-22-2013, 08:23 AM

No need to I guess. We like one another there. If there is an issue you can talk it out with the police officer. They are reasonable people. If you have a weapon in your vehicle you tell them and it's ok (unless you are driving drunk or under arrest for something). Meter maids make mistakes and they admit it and tear up tickets and the shop owner will give you a dime to continue to park and finally you can reach the attorney general by calling their office. No phone tree just a person. So I would assume that this ordinance you site is set up for tourists we don't like I guess.

Come on up! You will see the difference.

Last edited by AADAD; 09-22-2013 at 08:43 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego