Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2014, 07:47 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,954,215 times

Advertisements

Why do ordinary citizen's need to prove a need to carry a concealed firearm but criminals do not?

It would seem to be a very simple question with a simple answer but it sure doesn't appear that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2014, 07:52 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,908,614 times
I'll skip to the chase and say that unless you can provide some modest proof of your claims that is it obvious that you are a liar who has made false claims in this thread. You know that though and that is why you are either unable or unwilling to answer such simple questions. This is why you won't even tell us why your supposed application was denied even though, by law, such a reason must be clearly listed on the response letter. Like so many gun nuts before you, you have been caught lying. What does that say about you? What does that say about your ideology that lying is an integral part of it?

Old 04-13-2014, 07:59 PM

50,295 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
I'll skip to the chase and say that unless you can provide some modest proof of your claims that is it obvious that you are a liar who has made false claims in this thread. You know that though and that is why you are either unable or unwilling to answer such simple questions. This is why you won't even tell us why your supposed application was denied even though, by law, such a reason must be clearly listed on the response letter. Like so many gun nuts before you, you have been caught lying. What does that say about you? What does that say about your ideology that lying is an integral part of it?
Do you normally respond to yourself multiple times in the same thread? It's hard to tell who you are arguing with.

Old 04-13-2014, 08:02 PM

It also seems that applying for a CCW is a lot of work and invites a lot of scrutiny just so you can go out and shoot someone.

So far, has anyone on this thread done more to prove that issuing CCWs is the actual cause of a higher murder rate in any state, other than just saying so?

Old 04-13-2014, 08:04 PM

50,295 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
It also seems that applying for a CCW is a lot of work and invites a lot of scrutiny just so you can go out and shoot someone.

So far, has anyone on this thread done more to prove that issuing CCWs is the actual cause of a higher murder rate in any state, other than just saying so?

I'm going out on a limb here and stating that most crime occurs by people not holding a ccw Of course, I could be wrong.

Old 04-13-2014, 08:09 PM

686 posts, read 1,138,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Why do ordinary citizen's need to prove a need to carry a concealed firearm but criminals do not?
This has to be dumbest thing I have seen posted to a city-data thread, and just proves gun nuts have no respect for laws or justice at all. Let me respond with a question:

"Why do criminals get to steal credit card numbers and live easy while I have to slave away at a 40 hour a week job?"

I'm not anti gun and believe folks should be allowed to own whatever they want but there are limits as the Supreme Court has affirmed. As Think4Yourself has proved multiple times, the CC laws WORK in San Diego and there is no reason to change them. You do not need a CONCEALED weapon to protect yourself from wild animals and San Diego is not Oakland or El Paso or wherever. San Diego should be proud of it's progress and don't fix it if it is not broken!

Old 04-13-2014, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I'm going out on a limb here and stating that most crime occurs by people not holding a ccw Of course, I could be wrong.
You are indeed as I previously showed people with CCW permits do commit crimes, see Missouri where people are allowed to CC in bars, and that decades of research prove CCW permits do not do a DAMN thing to reduce crime. So you're wrong about everything. No surprises there though.

BTW are you ready to tell us about your supposed denial for a CCW permit or are you still pretending to be mute (rather unsuccessfully so, might I add)?

Old 04-13-2014, 08:15 PM

I made those two posts because so far I have read a lot of posts claiming that the issuance of CCWs to people who are law abiding (up to the point they are issued the CCW) increases the murder rates. I have been unable to find a direct correlation documented anywhere.

Old 04-13-2014, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Do you normally respond to yourself multiple times in the same thread? It's hard to tell who you are arguing with.
Only when the person I'm talking to is trying to play possum to avoid hard questions, as you are doing. Oh, and none of those posts were responses to my own posts but we already know about your problems telling the truth.

Old 04-13-2014, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfosyd View Post
This has to be dumbest thing I have seen posted to a city-data thread, and just proves gun nuts have no respect for laws or justice at all. Let me respond with a question:

"Why do criminals get to steal credit card numbers and live easy while I have to slave away at a 40 hour a week job?"

I'm not anti gun and believe folks should be allowed to own whatever they want but there are limits as the Supreme Court has affirmed. As Think4Yourself has proved multiple times, the CC laws WORK in San Diego and there is no reason to change them. You do not need a CONCEALED weapon to protect yourself from wild animals and San Diego is not Oakland or El Paso or wherever. San Diego should be proud of it's progress and don't fix it if it is not broken!
First, you are implying I am a gun nut when I am anything but that. You then take my question and use that to prove something for which there is no proof. I'm not quite sure who the nut is but I know it isn't me.

Responding with a question surely qualifies as far more stupid than what you claim is seeing how a question can't answer a question. Such questions in a reply to a question are usually the response (not saying it applies to you) of an ignorant person who can't formulate more than emotion where adult thinking is required. Would you like to try again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego