Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2008, 05:15 PM

7 posts, read 13,748 times

Advertisements

Ill try and keep this short and to the point.

Im 22 years old and lived in NYC all my life. Me and my two best friends are looking for a big change and move out of the big apple, and we are considering San Diego as one of our options. NYC is not the place for us anymore. the people are rude, every girl thinks shes a superstar, everything is way over priced, it is extremely dirty, and job competition is far beyond difficult.
We are looking for a nice, clean, nightlife filled area. (hey were 22 and from NY were still want to party like rock stars.) but most important of all we want to look for a place to work. Our skills are very diverse and we can do anything from construction to balloon making lol put us anywhere and we can make $$. Bar-tending would be in our best interest.
Besides all that how is public transportation? busses, subways, taxies. How much do they cost around. cost of living??? And what is the minimum wage?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2008, 05:50 PM

213 posts, read 744,804 times
Go to Pacific Beach. Young, lots of restaurants, and lots of nightlife. And its on the beach.

Old 12-02-2008, 06:53 PM

9,526 posts, read 30,475,285 times
Ahh, 22 and moving to San Diego... can it get any better?

I'm a bit older now, but I moved to SD from Long Island at about 19.

Move to PB. Buy a cruiser bike, split a crappy 1BR (about 1200 bucks). You will need a car. Ridin' the bus will ruin any game you might have, as will your NY accents.

Unless you have real experience no one is going to give you a bar at 22. You'll most likely be working at starbucks. I think the minimum wage is about 8 bucks these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
View detailed profiles of: