Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 03:58 PM

4,539 posts, read 12,404,526 times

Advertisements

Once upon a time, I live in an old apartment behind a house in Normal Heights. Had a dumpster out back that was overrun with flies in the summertime.

Ok, like VeronikaW said, not the worst. But the worst of my experience in San Diego. Maybe we should ask the question that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2007, 04:36 PM

1,677 posts, read 6,853,558 times
The reason my apartments are bad:

When we first moved in, the dishwasher didn't work. We called 5 times, and they'd come out, fiddle with it, claim it was working, then they'd leave. It wasn't working, and it wasn't until the 6th time, when I demanded they replace it, that they did.

Then, under our kitchen sink would constantly flood, and we realized it was due to the garbage disposal, which would often stop working. They came out 4 times to fix the disposal. I was told that since I had put egg shells down the disposal I had broken it, even though the cabinets under the sink were water damaged when we moved in, which obviously meant the problem had been happening long before we moved in. After 6 weeks, having to write to their corporate offices, and a ton of hassle, they replaced the disposal. I looked up the model at Home Depot, it was $32. They hassled me that much for $32.

There was a fire in our building. The firemen cut a hole in our ceiling (to the outside), there was insulation everywhere, and the place was badly smoke damaged. The apartment complex told us our apartment was fine, and we needed to sleep there that night (we have indoor cats, can you imagine them getting into insulation??). The Red Cross declared our apartment uninhabitable, thank god, and put us up in a hotel. As our apartment was uninhabitable, we basically had a legal right to break our lease. The management company basically threatened to sue us if we tried, and though 4 different attorneys told us we'd win, I was so traumatized from the fire, I couldn't fight them.

They ended up saying we could have a different apartment, and then forced us into a smaller unit in a worse location, and charged us more for it, claiming it was upgraded.

Then, recently, one of the maintenance guys ran his golf cart into DH's new car (which was parked in our assigned covered spot at the time), causing over a thousand dollars worth of damage to it. The maintenance guy ran off (there were witnesses), and the management didn't want to take any responsibility for it. They were pissed at me when I called and reported it to my insurance company. They fought for over a month with the insurance about not taking responsibility for the accident. They finally did. I can only imagine how they would have screwed us had we not called insurance.

So, that's what I hate my apartments, and I will never lease from BRE Properties ever again.

V. =)

Old 05-16-2007, 04:46 PM

4,539 posts, read 12,404,526 times
Ok... you have GOT to tell us where this is. Well maybe after you've moved. But for now at least in what neighborhood.

Old 05-16-2007, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kettlepot View Post
Ok... you have GOT to tell us where this is. Well maybe after you've moved. But for now at least in what neighborhood.
I'll tell you now. We live in Carmel Mountain Ranch. The apartments were called Reflections up until about a week ago. Now they are called Carmel Landing.

V. =)

Old 05-16-2007, 05:19 PM

840 posts, read 6,515,801 times
Is this it?
http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate...ain-Ranch.html

Old 05-16-2007, 11:10 PM

1 posts, read 4,878 times
Default TUSCANY VILLAS in NORTH PARK

The place looks nice, but new apartment management sucks so bad....they tow your car for no reason, they allow criminals to live there, they allow people who constantly and physically fight to live there, 30th is a haven for drunk drivers who plow into all the tenants car parked out front, the place is loud, in need of repair internally and is not worth the $1100 for the 2 bedroom rat infested apartment...you will never sleep.

When I moved there in 2004, all the neighbors had lived there for more than 5 years and was under a different ownership. When the new company bought the place out, they manage to run out all of the tenants except two and that was before I moved out in Jan of 2006. Who knows if either of those tenants still live there.

Dont live there. The company is Melroy and they are the absolute worst property management company EVER!!!

Old 05-17-2007, 07:47 AM

28 posts, read 185,561 times
sounds inviting

Old 05-17-2007, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial1904 View Post
No, this is it:

http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate...partments.html

V. =)

Old 05-17-2007, 12:24 PM

1,658 posts, read 7,575,819 times
Medowbrook is in the news at least once a month
Where I live (Chula Vista) the Vistian Aprts on H by the trolley are the worst
Locals call the "H Street Projects"
But MDBRK have to be the worst in the whole county.

Old 05-18-2007, 10:16 PM

12 posts, read 99,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jksouthbay88 View Post
Medowbrook is in the news at least once a month
Where I live (Chula Vista) the Vistian Aprts on H by the trolley are the worst
Locals call the "H Street Projects"
But MDBRK have to be the worst in the whole county.
YOU AINT NEVER LIE...THOSE APARTMENTS ARE THE WORSE BY FAR...IF I DO SAY SO MYSELF...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego