Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2007, 05:42 PM

1 posts, read 3,133 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anyone has any information on how my friends and I could go about renting in Pacific Beach this summer. We're going there for three months on a work visa and had arranged a house via craigslist which turned out to be a scam We're arriving in a week and are booked into a hostel but want to find a house or apartment ASAP. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2007, 04:17 AM

102 posts, read 236,617 times
Wow! That sucks. What exactly was the scam? I'm sure a lot of people would like to know so they don't fall into the same trap.

If you're moving out here with friends my suggestion would still be to try and find a house or a large condo to rent so that you can share the rent. This is the cheapest way to live in SD and many people here do it. Personally I don't. I'm a little too old for the whole roommate thing.

A condo in PB will be most likely easier to find then a house for that you're best bet will probably be areas like Clairemont, Linda Vista or even Mission Valley. These areas are not PB but their close enough where it's just a very short drive away.

Btw, one thing to keep in mind is to avoid any properties that are managed by Torrey Pines Property Management company. They are the worst property managers in SD. My advice would be to try and avoid these property managers completely and see if you can find a place where you can rent from the owner directly. It's tough but there are some out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
View detailed profiles of: