Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 11:21 AM

91 posts, read 270,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A touch of tropical sky View Post
Hahah Thanks guys! Alright SDSU here i come! to get into that university i suppose I need a very high average since you guys say its difficult to get in? And what else should i consider to allow me entry into the university,like community service or etc..what else do they look for that would give me an edge?
Wow.
I was going to post up some links and guidelines to SDSU's site, college forums that have answered this question a bunch, and a few articles about SDSU, but really, if you haven't even thought to check their website or visit a college counselor to check admissions guidelines, then I'd probably be wasting my keystrokes... Good luck either way Trop Sky

PS-Helful hint: Google.com is your friend, it has the exact answers to all of your questions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2010, 02:10 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Which university in San Diego is the best in terms of funnest and laid back environment,good partying,lots of events etc..fun university life. And which one is closest to Pacific Beach? I plan to move there and i would have to pick a university,thanks guys
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but the number 1 reason for college is an education. Yes, having fun and growing up is important but it would be a little better if you decided what you might want to major in and go from there. Now, to answer your question: SDSU is known for being a party school big time.

Nita

Old 03-16-2010, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encinitan View Post
Well, Point Loma Nazarene is, but something tells me this particular poster is not looking for a religious-based education.
I think anyone who uses the word "funnest" should just apply to San Diego State and hope they get in. UCSD and USD would not seem to be suitable.
I agree and even being a SDSU alum, you are right. Now, as you said, he/she might have trouble getting in, certainly might have more trouble staying in. I am sure glad my kids never asked me about funnest party school when they were ready to venture out..The answer would have been: you are staying at home!!!!

Nita

Old 03-16-2010, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Hahah Thanks guys! Alright SDSU here i come! to get into that university i suppose I need a very high average since you guys say its difficult to get in? And what else should i consider to allow me entry into the university,like community service or etc..what else do they look for that would give me an edge?
good GPA and good sat scores are a start. Are your parents ready to pay the outlandish out of state tuition for you and do they know you are looking at partying all the time?

Nita

Old 03-16-2010, 04:32 PM

98 posts, read 122,827 times
Quote:
Not using words like "funnest" maybe? As someone who has tried hard to get accepted into SDSU, I find your motivation to go to a university quite offensive. I'm trying to get in to get an education, not to be invited to all the cool parties. Your maturity, or lack thereof, gives the impression that you're not quite ready to move away from mommy and daddy. Might I suggest a couple of years at your local community college before attempting the university level?

Old 03-16-2010, 05:04 PM

2,160 posts, read 5,853,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I agree and even being a SDSU alum, you are right. Now, as you said, he/she might have trouble getting in, certainly might have more trouble staying in. I am sure glad my kids never asked me about funnest party school when they were ready to venture out..The answer would have been: you are staying at home!!!!

Nita
I, too, am an SDSU alum (Journalism 1994) so I speak from experience on how much fun one can have there

Old 03-16-2010, 06:40 PM

33 posts, read 177,323 times
Lmao! I guess i gave people the wrong impression I said I want to go to a fun school, that doesn’t automatically reveal my motivation towards wanting to attend university at all. I grew up with nothing, were better now but I’ve work very very hard with a very high average in school and I work very hard at multiple jobs. I want to be a dentist later on, and that requires me to keep up my work ethics in university to acquire admition into dental school .Throughout My whole high school career my grades have been exceptional and my essays have gone straight to the principle because it was "above and beyond,and impressive" i've worked very hard in fear of failure, scared to end up like my parents stressed out and without a good job .I've been to two party's my whole life and I’m 19. I haven’t done any of the fun teenager stuff , and I want to incorporate that into my life when I go to university so I don’t go crazy, lol. Because if anything, I’ve learned that its important to have a balance. That’s why I wanted to pick a university that I can have a lot of wild fun too, when I’m not sitting my ass down to study for hours straight . And lil bit i can tell you right now I’ve been through more than a lot of 30 year olds have in a lifetime at 19 years old, my life has been very very very hard and dark in so many scary ways that I would wish on no one. But hey, i've gotten through everything and i’m alive( J which is truly a miracle I didn’t think I’d live to 18) and I’m stronger because of my experiences. I just want to work as hard as I can work and party as hard I can party(without compromising the grades I've worked ridiculously hard for lol)
[SIZE=3]I’m just saying its hard to judge a person based on a single paragraph they’ve written.[/SIZE]

Last edited by A touch of tropical sky; 03-16-2010 at 07:11 PM..

Old 03-16-2010, 07:05 PM

This is to nmnita . I never once said i would be partying all the time(i wish it was like that lol who wouldnt?). But no I'll have to study most of the time for the GPA i want, like i've done all my life for the grades that i've worked very hard to acquire.But when i do party I want it to be a damn good party

And you also assumed that i dont even know what i want to major in,lmao i do. I have my career mapped out and have plan b and c for backup,as i've previously mentioned im scared of failure so i love to over plan(but w.e it gives me security). But anyways thanks i know you were just saying those things out of concern,dont worry im far from some wild clueless party child, thank god!lol

Old 03-16-2010, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowlife View Post
Wow.
I was going to post up some links and guidelines to SDSU's site, college forums that have answered this question a bunch, and a few articles about SDSU, but really, if you haven't even thought to check their website or visit a college counselor to check admissions guidelines, then I'd probably be wasting my keystrokes... Good luck either way Trop Sky

PS-Helful hint: Google.com is your friend, it has the exact answers to all of your questions
I know its just that I’m in school, and all I do is research and work, and sleep, and research and research, and write some damn long essays and research some more lol. So if i can get some easy answers from someone who already knows this stuff and doesn’t mind imparting their knowledge then I’ll definitely welcome it but if you mind then that’s okay too i completely understand that

Old 03-17-2010, 11:33 AM

98 posts, read 122,827 times
Quote:
Lmao! I guess i gave people the wrong impression I said I want to go to a fun school, that doesn’t automatically reveal my motivation towards wanting to attend university at all. I grew up with nothing, were better now but I’ve work very very hard with a very high average in school and I work very hard at multiple jobs. I want to be a dentist later on, and that requires me to keep up my work ethics in university to acquire admition into dental school .Throughout My whole high school career my grades have been exceptional and my essays have gone straight to the principle because it was "above and beyond,and impressive" i've worked very hard in fear of failure, scared to end up like my parents stressed out and without a good job .I've been to two party's my whole life and I’m 19. I haven’t done any of the fun teenager stuff , and I want to incorporate that into my life when I go to university so I don’t go crazy, lol. Because if anything, I’ve learned that its important to have a balance. That’s why I wanted to pick a university that I can have a lot of wild fun too, when I’m not sitting my ass down to study for hours straight . And lil bit i can tell you right now I’ve been through more than a lot of 30 year olds have in a lifetime at 19 years old, my life has been very very very hard and dark in so many scary ways that I would wish on no one. But hey, i've gotten through everything and i’m alive( J which is truly a miracle I didn’t think I’d live to 18) and I’m stronger because of my experiences. I just want to work as hard as I can work and party as hard I can party(without compromising the grades I've worked ridiculously hard for lol)
[SIZE=3]I’m just saying its hard to judge a person based on a single paragraph they’ve written.[/SIZE]
You're correct when you say it's hard to judge a person based on a paragraph, so that should give you a clue that perhaps a more well thought-out post should've been in order. You know...first impressions and all. You indicate that you've maintained an exceptional GPA, however, it's difficult to believe that such a stellar student wouldn't know how to spell the simplest words (a couple of which I have bolded. Although principle is spelled correctly, it's the wrong word. You mean principal.). Sorry if I sound like the grammar/spelling police, but this is a thread regarding education (and a personal pet peeve, I might add.). Anyway, as I wait on pins and needles to find out if I've been accepted for the Fall 2010 semester, I would hope that you are the kind of student who deserves to be admitted to the university of your choice. I wish you well in your future endeavors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego