Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 09:16 PM

48 posts, read 148,325 times

Advertisements

Can you guys please stop referring to Japanese people as "Japs". It's insulting to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2010, 09:42 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,394,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikefutbolero View Post
Can you guys please stop referring to Japanese people as "Japs". It's insulting to them.
My apologies. I was only quoting what he said and I criticized him for that earlier.

Old 11-24-2010, 10:37 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,359,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnor1713 View Post
look up history an War War 2, It was White America that pushed the Japs of the philippines an gave them there country back.
It was also White America that ruled the Philippines as a colony after taking it from the Spanish, which dashed the hopes of the Filipinos for an independent nation around 1898. There's an old saying of the Philippines to describe colonial rule - "300 years in a convent (Spain), and 50 years in a brothel (US)"

Old 11-24-2010, 10:46 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,501,624 times
I am White/Mexican married to a full on Mexican who spent many years in Redwood City. I met many similarly mixed couples that reside in Oakland, never did they once indicate a problem outside of the typical stares you might get anywhere. From my own ventures into Oakland not once did I feel at all uncomfortable being lighter than my wife.

The thing about Latino guys giving White w/latinas problems is primarily BS. I witnessed more of the reverse, where White people in snobby areas are more of the culprit than a Latino in a middle or even low class area.

Finally, I would say relations are good for Hispanics/Anglos all over the BayArea. As long as you don't try and bring any type of snobbishness you'll be alright.

Old 11-25-2010, 09:56 AM

136 posts, read 481,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
It was also White America that ruled the Philippines as a colony after taking it from the Spanish, which dashed the hopes of the Filipinos for an independent nation around 1898. There's an old saying of the Philippines to describe colonial rule - "300 years in a convent (Spain), and 50 years in a brothel (US)"
They wern't stabbing babies

Old 11-25-2010, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
The Philippines Dashed there own hopes in the end. They were the Pearl of the Orient.

This is not a Philippine topic. Now I am depressed i am not there on the white sand beach an blue water all to my self with my 19yr old wife.

Old 11-25-2010, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I am White/Mexican married to a full on Mexican who spent many years in Redwood City. I met many similarly mixed couples that reside in Oakland, never did they once indicate a problem outside of the typical stares you might get anywhere. From my own ventures into Oakland not once did I feel at all uncomfortable being lighter than my wife.

The thing about Latino guys giving White w/latinas problems is primarily BS. I witnessed more of the reverse, where White people in snobby areas are more of the culprit than a Latino in a middle or even low class area.

Finally, I would say relations are good for Hispanics/Anglos all over the BayArea. As long as you don't try and bring any type of snobbishness you'll be alright.

I do agree mainly if a white lady marries a hispanic guy look out it will be the same as what I have been saying.

I am not one sided i can be fair when some scores a point i give it to you

Old 11-25-2010, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikefutbolero View Post
At the time it was not a bad name now you can not say anything about anything.

I like all people an if you act like a genttleman, you should be treated like one.

Go to Japan if you only knew what they thought of you. They would not think twice about (NOT) letting you in to there shop.

Some places have signs that say Japanese Only. I have no problem if thats what the want.

Back on topic geeky white boy with hottie latina will have stuff to work through

Old 11-25-2010, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
ok YOU said:

So, my question to you, not The Land, but to YOU is, how is this relevant to Hispanic/Anglo relations in Oakland?
why dont you awancer some of my question on the 1st coulpe pages.

smart mouth (land) had to make a comet about a kinda like a badge of honor an why
An I anwsered him of her

Old 11-25-2010, 10:26 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,394,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnor1713 View Post
why dont you awancer some of my question on the 1st coulpe pages.

smart mouth (land) had to make a comet about a kinda like a badge of honor an why
An I anwsered him of her
I have no idea what you just said
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland