Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 08:06 PM

5,242 posts, read 13,076,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Unshaved arm pits and legs, unwashed dreads and tie dye, right? So SF!
When's the last time you were in the Bay Area, 1972?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2011, 12:27 AM

30,311 posts, read 51,921,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlebowitz View Post
The personal proof I have is my recent visit to SF. I'm hoping that I'm wrong since I might be moving up there shortly.
One visit, and you can say there are NO "hot" women in SF? How much of the city did you cover on your trip?

Old 08-27-2011, 12:31 AM

30,311 posts, read 51,921,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerdancer View Post
As an aside, women do not need to have a fake tan, Botox, and wear skimpy Forever21 mini skirts and tanks year round to be considered "hot." Coming from Southern California myself, I have always thought the cute Fall fashions of tall leather boots, scarves, hats, etc - think Banana Republic - were some of the classiest and stylish around. And I get excited for Fall to come around to be able to wear them. I see this as a very SF kind of style.
I totally agree, but we're women... so the (straight) male perspective may differ.

Old 08-27-2011, 12:39 AM

1,348 posts, read 2,856,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffredo View Post
Yeah, the Marina District is your best bet. I'm a native, been here most of my life, and girls in San Francisco are some of the least attractive I've seen anywhere (I may be gay, but I can appreciate a pretty girl). There were lots of pretty ones when I was younger (before all the native middle class people left for the suburbs). About 20 years ago the homely transplants started moving here in force. You know, the ones that know they're unattractive so the move to counter-culture San Francisco from all over the country, dress in black, get odd haircuts and throw an attitude that this somehow makes up for it. Actually, that was ten years ago. Now its the unwashed, overly tight Hipster look - which is even worse.

I moved to Fresno for a couple years about ten years ago. A cousin of mine came to visit for a weekend and he about flipped out when we hit a few nightclubs, introduced him to girls from work and went the biggest mall in town. Gorgeous girls everywhere. His tongue was absolutely wagging and he was ready to move there. Yeah, little ol' much maligned Fresno had girls than seriously put San Francisco's to shame.
SF native here now living in Sac. Sacramento girls are 10X hotter than SF.

Don't know what it is, but SF is plagued with hipster, hippie type chicks who... are pretty cool in many ways, but are usually very dumpy and plain.

Go clubbing on weekends in Sactown and you will see rank 9 and 10 hotties wearing the skimpiest clothing around town. Nowhere in SF will you see girls that hot. And the difference between Sac and Socal is that those girls don't even know how hot they are. A lot are down to earth and friendly.

Old 08-27-2011, 12:40 AM

1,348 posts, read 2,856,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Marina District is your best bet to find good looking women on the streets. Otherwise, you have to go to lounges or clubs. Overall, SoCal does have better looking girls and guys. However, if you like Asians, San Francisco is a good place.
Are you kidding me? Los Angeles has the hottest Asians in CA. Go to any Ktown club on the weekends and tell me that SF has hotter Asian girls.

What SF has though is a whole army of White guys with Asian fetishes, they'd probably think even Margaret Cho is hot.

Old 08-27-2011, 08:28 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,468,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayorhaggar View Post
When's the last time you were in the Bay Area, 1972?
2007 or 2008

Next!

And then there's the "men."

Old 08-27-2011, 09:32 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,381,339 times
Quote:
2007 or 2008

Next!

And then there's the "men."
Definition of CURMUDGEON

archaic : miser
: a crusty, ill-tempered, and usually old man
Curmudgeon - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

That's you dude

Old 08-27-2011, 10:06 AM

1,650 posts, read 3,518,229 times
Quote:
Unshaved arm pits and legs, unwashed dreads and tie dye, right? So SF!
LOL.... Totally agree with the unshaved part. There are also too many depressed/angry looking middle aged mom types all over the town and they are the majority in sunset/richmond..

Old 08-27-2011, 10:16 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,381,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyadhi01 View Post
LOL.... Totally agree with the unshaved part. There are also too many won't give me the time of day, too mature for me types all over the town and they are the majority in sunset/richmond..
No worries, fixed another one for ya!

Old 08-27-2011, 10:27 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,468,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Definition of CURMUDGEON

archaic : miser
: a crusty, ill-tempered, and usually old man
Curmudgeon - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

That's you dude
I prefer to think in terms of the following:

What is a Curmudgeon anyway?

" A curmudgeon's reputation for malevolence is undeserved. They're neither warped nor evil at heart. They don't hate mankind, just mankind's absurdities. They're just as sensitive and soft-hearted as the next guy, but they hide their vulnerability beneath a crust of misanthropy. They ease the pain by turning hurt into humor. . . . . . They attack maudlinism because it devalues genuine sentiment. . . . . . Nature, having failed to equip them with a servicable denial mechanism, has endowed them with astute perception and sly wit.

Curmudgeons are mockers and debunkers whose bitterness is a symptom rather than a disease. They can't compromise their standards and can't manage the suspension of disbelief necessary for feigned cheerfulness. Their awareness is a curse.

Perhaps curmudgeons have gotten a bad rap in the same way that the messenger is blamed for the message: They have the temerity to comment on the human condition without apology. They not only refuse to applaud mediocrity, they howl it down with morose glee. Their versions of the truth unsettle us, and we hold it against them, even though they soften it with humor."

- JON WINOKUR

Last edited by Curmudgeon; 08-27-2011 at 10:38 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland