Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 03:11 PM

746 posts, read 1,677,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rah View Post
SF has plenty of hot chicks, especially Asian girls, with an honorable mention to hipster chicks,
Hipster chicks are NOT hot.

I have yet to see a single girl that defines the traditional "hipster" look remotely attractive. I believe they actually gravitate towards the hipster look because they are in fact not very physically pretty to begin with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2011, 03:29 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,897,546 times
I think that generally white girls in the Bay Area are average. And there are lots of hot "ethnic" (asian, latin, black, african, mixed, whatever) girls. It depends on what you want. I have seen some cute hipster girls in Oakland. Horrible outfits though.

Socal girls are more likely to be all made up/dressed to impress all the time, so even the average girls look "hotter."

I had a great chat with one of my guy friends who grew up in SoCal and came her in adulthood. There are more naturally pretty girls in the Bay, but the girls in LA try a lot harder so they read as "pretty."

Old 08-26-2011, 03:31 PM

135 posts, read 296,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Some women here are orange.

HAHAHA!!! omg, this is so true...

Old 08-26-2011, 03:46 PM

"Man Diego" is a myth because of the military presence. If you don't include them, there are not more men. I lived there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Well after being in "Man Diego" for many years and bouncing back and forth between the two, it seems like what you're saying has some merit IMO. We're in the same age range so again, that could play a factor as well.

Old 08-26-2011, 03:59 PM

310 posts, read 651,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
There are more naturally pretty girls in the Bay
Works for me. Case closed!

Old 08-26-2011, 04:02 PM

I am confused reading this ....considering moving to the bay area, but SF proper does not have a reputation for being a good singles city for a woman. The biggest reason cited is that there are a smaller percentage of straight men. But if the woman are as unattractive as everyone on here claims, then how can it be a bad place for dating if there is virtually no competition? There are obviously SOME straight men left there, so given this thread, you would think that attractive women would be a hot commodity and it would be a great place for single straight women! But the 'word on the street,' is that it is one of the worst.

As an aside, women do not need to have a fake tan, Botox, and wear skimpy Forever21 mini skirts and tanks year round to be considered "hot." Coming from Southern California myself, I have always thought the cute Fall fashions of tall leather boots, scarves, hats, etc - think Banana Republic - were some of the classiest and stylish around. And I get excited for Fall to come around to be able to wear them. I see this as a very SF kind of style.

Old 08-26-2011, 04:03 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,495,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenchild08 View Post
I live outside of DC and I go there all the time. It is not all that great of a place to be if its the nearest city. DC is known as "Hollwood for Ugly People". Many people are very comfortable and well-paid in DC but NOT necessarily good-looking. Status, salary and level of prestigious education is king in DC, not looks or even personality. DC people are also notoriously unfriendly. DC ranked as the fifth most unfriendly city in America. If you lived out here, you would know why. Money talks in DC and that is it. No friendly conversations waiting for the bus or over a joint with a stranger in DC. DC is also highly socially disorganized because of the emphasis on power and money. Old White guys over 55 in cheap looking ill-fitting suits are pulling young girls left and right at bars in DC. It is pretty creepy. DC used to have a lot of women 5 or 6 years ago. All of the regular attractive young women with regular jobs moved to Atlanta or New York years ago because all of the places where they worked, shopped and frequented were shutdown in the economic downturn. Howard University has a lot of attractive Black women but almost all of them are transplant students from Atlanta, NY or LA. DC is much more gentrified and yuppified today. Most of the people living or working in DC, who don't live in the hood, are the most unattractive transplant specimens from all over the country, mostly the Midwest. In 2011, DC attracts only the most the educated people in the country, who aren't always the best looking. DC does not attract women pursuing modeling and actress careers, NYC and L.A. do.

Top 10 Ugliest Cities in America | Indyposted

Top 10 Rudest Cities In America | Indyposted
I guess times do change, don't they? What a shame. When do they get better? Oh, I know. When you're old, married, retired and don't really give a damn

Old 08-26-2011, 04:11 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,917,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_gateway View Post
Hipster chicks are NOT hot.

I have yet to see a single girl that defines the traditional "hipster" look remotely attractive. I believe they actually gravitate towards the hipster look because they are in fact not very physically pretty to begin with.
Most aren't (almost like they try not to be attractive), but I've met plenty that are. The way hipsters dress, though, can make a girl who's attractive certainly less so...

Regarding this thread (and others like it), I seriously don't get how people can argue that city (and area) full of transplants (I rarely meet people who are 100% from here) is full of ugly girls. Go on OKCupid/Match.com/any other dating site, and search for single girls in their 20's/30's...trust me, there are plenty here (not just asian, although this place has a surplus of very good looking asians). Girls don't flaunt their beauty here the same way as other places, I suppose...but that's part of the attractiveness. If you can find the girl who's attractive and down to earth, you've got a pretty great thing. Hot and not obnoxious about it!

Old 08-26-2011, 04:16 PM

5,242 posts, read 13,083,238 times
I've never known any women here who complained about finding dates. They do complain about all the guys who turn out to be creeps, druggies or socially inept techies. Seems like all the complaining about "I can't find a man to go out with" I ever hear about is from people on the internet, often citing some blog post they saw once.

Old 08-26-2011, 04:27 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,413,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rah View Post
Wow, people love their stereotypes and exaggerations. SF has plenty of hot chicks, especially Asian girls, with an honorable mention to hipster chicks, marina girls, and latinas (heh gotta get my own stereotypes up in this). I'll concede that some other cities seem to have even more attractive women: San Jose, Sacramento, San Diego...maybe it's just the skimpier clothes becuase of the warmer weather creating an optical illusion?

Maybe you're not a hater, but you are stupid. They're leaving to get away from the gays? SF is only 15% gay, which is not much higher than the next cities on the list. I guess you think people are leaving NY, LA, Atlanta, Seattle, Boston, etc to get married and get away from the Gays too?
The OP may have been looking for white girls. But even then, walking around the Mission, Cole Valley, Inner Sunset, the Haight and of course all the typical inner hoods there is enough eye candy, white or otherwise, to get me into lots of trouble with my wife.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland