Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 06:41 PM

719 posts, read 987,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clongirl View Post
It's completely unnecessary to express your "repulsion" over the person most of us voted into office for another term.
And yet, I remain repulsed. What, am I supposed to lie because it makes you feel better? The man is a sociopath. Those of us who see him for what he really is will never look fondly upon him.

Old 10-20-2013, 06:44 PM

719 posts, read 987,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Regarding the wolf killing thing....

I notice in the cities (Bay area, Los Angeles) it's very frowned upon to kill wildlife. Deer, bears, mountain lions, bobcats, skunks, raccoons, coyotes -- if it isn't eating you, don't kill it. People get very very upset over this. Extremely upset.

The only acceptable way to deal with wildlife is to catch them on video and post them on Youtube.
Yes, he finds the wolf-slaying disgusting, as do I. The wolf is a beautiful creature, and almost entirely harmless. There are actually Youtube videos where hunters -- after blowing the poor things away -- wax on loudly about how they are 'safeguarding nature.' From what? Other nature? How ever did the world get along with itself before man showed up with his guiding, chain mail-clad hand?

Not to mention the millions upon millions of dollars apparently squandered on wolf introduction programs that's now being eaten up in a few rounds of buckshot. Woohoo!

Old 10-20-2013, 06:46 PM

483 posts, read 842,368 times
Don't feed the trolls (or wolves) everyone.

Old 10-20-2013, 10:13 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,278,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexthedestroyer View Post
Diversity is what makes us a stronger country. I welcome the OP to our area.
Sure. Diverse opinions are fine at a cocktail party or from a coworker you don't really know/like, but come on. The Bay Area, as much as I love it, is only 'tolerant' of 'open-minded' and 'diverse people', whatever the hell that is supposed to mean (i.e non Republicans). You show up here professing a love for Rush Limbaugh and hating gays and you WILL NOT fit in. It would be like me trying to move back to North Carolina with my boyfriend and expecting everyone to accept us. Get real!

Old 10-20-2013, 10:23 PM

15 posts, read 32,755 times
It really depends on who you associate with. If you're socially conservative, you are going to have problems fitting in. If you're economically conservative, you're going to feel like you're part of a minority group but generally have no issues.

Just keep a low profile and you'll generally be safe.

Old 10-20-2013, 10:29 PM

4,582 posts, read 3,408,767 times
As for the original question, have you considered San Diego? Still about 55-45 "red"

Old 10-20-2013, 10:41 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,459,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alliance View Post
There are many people who will instantly hate you if you say you're republican here. I wish I were exaggerating, but this was shocking to me. So as long as you're conservative, don't admit you're republican (if you are), and keep most of your opinions that don't agree with the liberal slant to yourself, you'll be fine.
There is a reason I don't talk religion or politics with anyone here. I would never make friends otherwise...
so you know, just don't be urself and and don't share your opinion. san francisco sounds like a great place to move to.

Old 10-20-2013, 10:45 PM

1,386 posts, read 1,498,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by excelblue View Post
It really depends on who you associate with. If you're socially conservative, you are going to have problems fitting in. If you're economically conservative, you're going to feel like you're part of a minority group but generally have no issues.
This is pretty much true. The Bay Area is very liberal socially, but people go both ways economically. If you think gays shouldn't marry or that abortion should outlawed, you WILL have to keep your opinions to yourself to avoid conflict.

FYI, many people are disillusioned with Obama's presidency. If you hate his guts because you think he's from Kenya, though, you're going to have to keep your opinion to yourself. (People here have low tolerance for patently false statements like that one and will call you out on it.)

Berkeley is home to the Graduate Theological Union, and there are countless churches around here and throughout the Bay Area, so religion certainly isn't a problem. However, if you are a Bible thumper who honestly believes the world was created 6,000 years ago, you are going to feel out of place--even in the religious community.

The Bay Area has conservative areas too, but they are on the periphery of the urban area. You will have to venture out to the poorer parts of Contra Costa County, certain suburban parts of the North Bay, and rural parts of southern Santa Clara County to find diesel pick-ups, No Bama stickers, and that sort of thing.

Old 10-20-2013, 11:41 PM

141 posts, read 306,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessoftheCape View Post
And yet, I remain repulsed. What, am I supposed to lie because it makes you feel better? The man is a sociopath. Those of us who see him for what he really is will never look fondly upon him.
Go away troll. Take your misguided right-wing rants to the political form. You most definitely are trying to start a political debate.

You're not the sharpest tool in the box are you? You're an outspoken Republican and are asking if you'll fit in in the Bay Area? The answer is NO. Stop being stupid and try using your brain. Why not look into towns in Tennessee, West Virginia, Arkansas, Alabama, Texas, South Carolina?

Last edited by Mr. Don Draper; 10-20-2013 at 11:53 PM..

Old 10-21-2013, 12:05 AM

5,242 posts, read 13,078,817 times
Just move to the OC or San Diego if you want to be smug white people and drive everywhere. You wouldn't want to rely on communist public transit in the Bay Area would you? Or have to deal with the communist fog. Or the communist pizza at Zachary's, the sauce is red for a reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rca215 View Post
Don't feed the trolls (or wolves) everyone.
If you feed them then they'll just overwhelm the food supply and start stealing your garbage. Better to hunt them from a helicopter, Palin style.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland