Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2014, 04:45 PM

24,408 posts, read 26,964,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalparadise View Post
I agree, but honestly, if 68 and sunny is your idea of "cold," you're probably too "sensitive" in my opinion.
In my opinion, any weather that doesn't allow you to leave the house without a sweater or jacket is cold, any weather that allows you to go out in a t-shirt, but still require pants is mild/warm, and finally, any weather that allows you to go out in shorts and a tank is hot. If it were 68 degrees, sunny with no wind, it would be mild/warm in my opinion, but those days are rare pretty much anywhere in SF.

Moderator cut: personal remarks

Last edited by Marka; 12-14-2014 at 02:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2014, 09:40 PM

3 posts, read 2,736 times
You can't have a really SICK car when living in the city, can't have anything nice when living in the city since somebody always ends up messing it up. Cars always get stolen or broken into, but hey it's the city and that's always happened there so it's nothing new.

Old 12-06-2014, 10:04 PM

21,739 posts, read 16,356,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiak650 View Post
You can't have a really SICK car when living in the city, can't have anything nice when living in the city since somebody always ends up messing it up. Cars always get stolen or broken into, but hey it's the city and that's always happened there so it's nothing new.
Oh, I don't know. My little '91 Toyota pickup has been pretty sick a few times. But I've always been able to fix it myself. And it's never been stolen or broken into.

Old 12-06-2014, 11:53 PM

My car is nice and its never been broken into, but I make it a point to make sure there is nothing in the car, not even a water bottle. With that being said, I've got multiple window chips, had to replace my tires multiple times because of all the pot holes. I also have some scrape marks on my car from the compact parking spots.

Old 12-07-2014, 12:49 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,845,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiak650 View Post
That's what LA is for.

Old 12-07-2014, 12:29 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,137,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
In my opinion, any weather that doesn't allow you to leave the house without a sweater or jacket is cold, any weather that allows you to go out in a t-shirt, but still require pants is mild/warm, and finally, any weather that allows you to go out in shorts and a tank is hot. If it were 68 degrees, sunny with no wind, it would be mild/warm in my opinion, but those days are rare pretty much anywhere in SF.
Moderator cut: personal - off topic

I comfortably wear shorts and a t-shirt on the weekends in and around SF for about 7 months per year. For about two more months, it's jeans and short sleeves or light long sleeves (and I ride the cable car every day, standing outside on the running boards). For the remaining three months per year, a light jacket or even just a sweater is required, but even then, there are breaks that are mild/warm.

It's hardly rare to have upper 60s and sunny in the City. In fact it's the standard forecast (to the point of monotony for some) from May to November. It's not "hot" I agree, it's as you say, "mild". I consider it very pleasant.

Last edited by Marka; 12-14-2014 at 02:37 AM..

Old 12-08-2014, 09:33 AM

694 posts, read 1,039,868 times
I enjoy visiting San Francisco immensely. The restaurants and each unique neighborhood I walk through is special and has it's own identity. I don't mind waiting 30 minutes to ride the cable cars, although I generally plan my trips to do at least one week day when the lines are smaller. The shopping is incredible. The people I've met on business (law firms) are some of the most educated and superlative in the field. The music history of the city and the venues (Winterland, Bill Graham's Fillmore, et al) are a story all in their own.

I am somewhat disappointed the 49ers left the city. However, PacBell Park is beautiful. The view from the top stands is one of the best in baseball.

Old 12-09-2014, 02:20 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalparadise View Post
I agree, but honestly, if 68 and sunny is your idea of "cold," you're probably too "sensitive" in my opinion.
Anyone who feels cold at 68F may want to get checked for hypothyroidism.

Old 12-09-2014, 10:12 AM

1,516 posts, read 1,248,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Anyone who feels cold at 68F may want to get checked for hypothyroidism.
If it's 68F and windy, it can definitely be considered cold. You don't have to have a medical condition to agree.

Old 12-09-2014, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by likealady View Post
If it's 68F and windy, it can definitely be considered cold. You don't have to have a medical condition to agree.
I can only imagine those who blindly say, "Oh 68 degrees isn't cold snarf snarf" don't live in San Francisco. The wind chill, the freezing ocean moisture, the wet fog make 68 degrees feel like 50 degrees. I moved to SF from Alaska for crying out loud and I think SF is cold lol. I wear a t-shirt more days during the summer in Alaska than in SF.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland