Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2016, 01:57 PM

4,369 posts, read 3,724,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatCurve View Post
Yes, of course it can. But even your graph about the past shows that crashes can and do happen. So why can't it happen again? It's cyclical. And, no, it's not different this time. It never is. Don't forget that World War I was "The War to End all Wars". How did that turn out?
Let Cali be. The more people who think like him the quicker the crash will come.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2016, 03:12 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,989,092 times
Quote:
Yes, of course it can. But even your graph about the past shows that crashes can and do happen. So why can't it happen again? It's cyclical. And, no, it's not different this time. It never is. Don't forget that World War I was "The War to End all Wars". How did that turn out?
Yes real estate is cyclical and has been for decades. But what is the general trend of that graph? Up or down?

Old 06-17-2016, 03:13 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,989,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perma Bear View Post
Let Cali be. The more people who think like him the quicker the crash will come.
Good, I'll pick up more houses to park money into, and you can keep complaining on City-data about how prices are still too high.

Old 06-17-2016, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
Good, I'll pick up more houses to park money into, and you can keep complaining on City-data about how prices are still too high.
My stocks are too busy outperforming them since 2008, I win whether or not housing crashes

Old 06-17-2016, 03:20 PM

677 posts, read 835,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
Yes real estate is cyclical and has been for decades. But what is the general trend of that graph? Up or down?
What is the general trend of inflation, up or down?

Oh, and what has been the trend for the stock market, up or down?

Old 06-17-2016, 03:22 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,070,925 times
If I made 100k I might buy a one or two bedroom condo. But I would prefer to continue to live with roommates.

Old 06-17-2016, 03:24 PM

Oops....just as I predicted last night:

Quote:
7. You do realize that the majority of the revenue for companies like Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. comes from advertising, right? Do you know what happens to advertising spending in a downturn? Do you know that when startups lose funding or go under they can no longer pay for advertising?
This afternoon's news:

Alphabet Tumbles After Citi Sees Slowdown in Search Ad Spending
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/alpha...185217326.html

Last edited by TheGreatCurve; 06-17-2016 at 04:14 PM..

Old 06-17-2016, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Oops....just as I predicted last night.

This afternoon's news:

Alphabet Tumbles After Citi Sees Slowdown in Search Ad Spending
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/alpha...185217326.html
But but but! Bay Area Real estate can only go up! Said Cali

Old 06-17-2016, 04:34 PM

1,099 posts, read 901,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR95 View Post
Once again, we are talking about homes here, not apartments. Read my posts #79 and 81 clearly where I say the apartment complexes may have had even a slight dip in the last recession, exactly what your articles indicate 3-3.8%. Big deal. Even your article for the dot com bubble crash does not indicate anywhere near the 50% decline you claimed in post #71. Just spewing nonsense as usual.
He doesn't care what you were talking about TR and has a habit of ignoring what people say. And again, this is a guy that was quoted as saying he doesn't care what the majority wants because a minority vote should rule. Why even bother with him? He's too caught up with his envy to have a reasoned conversation. It doesn't matter how hard people had to skimp and sacrifice to get a house, he simply thinks things should be given to him and to hell with whoever he has to step on to get it. I got tired of his negativeness and cherry picking the last time I engaged in a conversation with him. I don't recall sitting around and being jealous of others before I was a homeowner (I actually applauded the people that had the discipline to save up and make it work for them). But some people just can't handle when others have things that they want and the ugliness comes out. It's really pathetic when you get down to it (people wishing for others to be unemployed, earthquakes, abolishment of Prop 13, etc., just so others can be hurt and they can pay less for housing).

Have a good weekend buddy.

California surpasses France as world's 6th largest economy

Oh if only our economy could stop growing so these guys could just get their houses

Last edited by bodyforlife99; 06-17-2016 at 04:58 PM..

Old 06-17-2016, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodyforlife99 View Post
He doesn't care what you were talking about TR and has a habit of ignoring what people say. And again, this is a guy that was quoted as saying he doesn't care what the majority wants because a minority vote should rule. Why even bother with him? He's too caught up with his envy to have a reasoned conversation. It doesn't matter how hard people had to skimp and sacrifice to get a house, he simply thinks things should be given to him and to hell with whoever he has to step on to get it. I got tired of his negativeness and cherry picking the last time I engaged in a conversation with him. I don't recall sitting around and being jealous of others before I was a homeowner (I actually applauded the people that had the discipline to save up and make it work for them). But some people just can't handle when others have things that they want and the ugliness comes out. It's really pathetic when you get down to it (people wishing for others to be unemployed, earthquakes, abolishment of Prop 13, etc., just so others can be hurt and they can pay less for housing).

Have a good weekend buddy.
Yup, turning a blind eye and ignoring the facts usually works out, doesn't it? That's how so many people bought into the last housing bubble. I guess some people just can't handle the truth.

I could buy a house all cash if I wanted to. I'm just not dumb enough to buy one at the peak of a bubble. "Jealous" of homeowners? Ha ha ha...I actually feel sorry for most of them to have to live in and maintain those old, dilapidated shacks.

And, yes, what's good for society as a whole should take precedence over what the majority wants. That's how the Civil Rights Act was passed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodyforlife99 View Post

Oh if only our economy could stop growing so these guys could just get their houses
What does 2015 have to do with now and 2017?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland