Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 08:09 PM

4,369 posts, read 3,726,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by john-staten island View Post
One of the issues that got Trump elected was the tragic murder on Pier 14 in San Fran on July 1 2015. Out of respect for the family I don't think naming the victim is necessary. This hit home across the country, one of many that came to light after Trump blew up the issue. As someone who lives in a Sanctuary city and pays taxes I'm not fond of the city raising my taxes to violate the Feds. On my recent trip to SF I walked the Wharf District, it was an eye opener after dark. As all big cities Homelessness is a growing issue,I'd like to see that issue addressed. For a big city Mayor to ignore Immigration law and subject taxpayers to the penalty is irresponsible. Kates Law will be enacted with Trump, the lawsuit vs the city, county, former sheriff Mirkarimi will cost taxpayers a fortune. Time to fix the problem with illegals is past due.
It's too bad rednecks who voted for trump are too poor to afford liberal cities. They should just stick to Mobile alabama. That's more their budget.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2016, 08:11 PM

2,914 posts, read 2,690,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Curious about peoples views on this.

SF Officials Seek $5 Million To Protect Undocumented Immigrants From Deportation

Do you think it's a wise use money?
Imagine that! 5 million of TAXPAYER MONEY to protect ILLEGAL immigrants. Unbelievable!

Old 12-18-2016, 08:33 PM

1,516 posts, read 1,249,630 times
I'm very confused as to why other countries are allowed to be selective and have strict immigration policies, and yet when America does it we are heartless and racist?

Old 12-18-2016, 08:49 PM

10,352 posts, read 8,578,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
I know what it's like to be poor. It doesn't change my opinion about giving money to immigrants, legal or illegal. I'm not interested in breaking up families. Call them anchor babies if you want. I call them citizens. Change the Constitution if you don't like it.
Now I know you're really an irrational person to try to discuss this with. The air must be thin and depriving your brain of oxygen way up there in your ivory tower.
Where in the Constitution does it address funding and allowing people to come into the United States illegally???

If anything if you want to allow people to come into this country illegally you must change the laws not the constitution. But why bother when people like you don't respect the law anyway. People are here illegally breaking the law and you think it's just fine.

Oh I get it, the laws are only obeyed when you decide if it is one you like. Otherwise it's fine to break them anytime you wish.
Yep you're just fine with sanctuary cities protecting gang members and killers. Heck let's give them five million more to protect more of these criminals.

It's been suggested you take action and set an example for the rest of us, but all we get from you is unrealistic ideas without regards to consequences. All bark and no bite?

Old 12-18-2016, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by likealady View Post
I'm very confused as to why other countries are allowed to be selective and have strict immigration policies, and yet when America does it we are heartless and racist?
Because certain people, some seen on this thread like to think they are enlightened and morally superior than the rest of the population and world.
I get it, they want to be the good guys of the world. Common sense and repercusions of not having a strict immigration policy escapes them. Let everyone in and if there are problems from this ask them how to fix them. They will become really quiet then.

Old 12-18-2016, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john-staten island View Post
One of the issues that got Trump elected was the tragic murder on Pier 14 in San Fran on July 1 2015. Out of respect for the family I don't think naming the victim is necessary. This hit home across the country, one of many that came to light after Trump blew up the issue. As someone who lives in a Sanctuary city and pays taxes I'm not fond of the city raising my taxes to violate the Feds. On my recent trip to SF I walked the Wharf District, it was an eye opener after dark. As all big cities Homelessness is a growing issue,I'd like to see that issue addressed. For a big city Mayor to ignore Immigration law and subject taxpayers to the penalty is irresponsible. Kates Law will be enacted with Trump, the lawsuit vs the city, county, former sheriff Mirkarimi will cost taxpayers a fortune. Time to fix the problem with illegals is past due.
Kate was a local from my hometown of Pleasanton. Things like this really hit home. The shooter was already deported five times already. California is full of people who feel they are above the law.
Another case was that of Tony Bologna and his two sons who were shot to death by an MS-13 gangster who had several run ins with the law and was not deported being protected by the Sanctuary City of San Francisco.
Posters like Zitzsky would like to see the five million dollars protect more individuals like these.

Old 12-19-2016, 05:51 AM

6,825 posts, read 9,066,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
Now I know you're really an irrational person to try to discuss this with. The air must be thin and depriving your brain of oxygen way up there in your ivory tower.
Where in the Constitution does it address funding and allowing people to come into the United States illegally???

If anything if you want to allow people to come into this country illegally you must change the laws not the constitution. But why bother when people like you don't respect the law anyway. People are here illegally breaking the law and you think it's just fine.

Oh I get it, the laws are only obeyed when you decide if it is one you like. Otherwise it's fine to break them anytime you wish.
Yep you're just fine with sanctuary cities protecting gang members and killers. Heck let's give them five million more to protect more of these criminals.

It's been suggested you take action and set an example for the rest of us, but all we get from you is unrealistic ideas without regards to consequences. All bark and no bite?
If you want to change citizenship, do it in the Constitution. I've already said that criminals should be deported.

Old 12-19-2016, 07:45 AM

882 posts, read 689,312 times
It's always so much fun to hear all the irrational nuances from the bleeding heart liberals...." that person's a nice guy so he should not be deported"...." they're separating out parents from children"...blah, blah, blah. And unfortunately, most of these conversations start from pure nonsense and then no consideration is given to those damaged by these policies. All this pick and choose crap is pure BS.

When someone is damaged by these policies, liberals are very good at just brushing it under the rug. It's so nice to know that families like the Bologna and Steinle's will finally have someone stand up for them so their loved ones did not die in vain.

Ultimately, the question comes down to... Do you think the United States should have open borders? And I think the majority of people understand that would be impossible to support that many people coming to our country. Everyone except the bleeding heart liberals.

Last edited by Independentthinking; 12-19-2016 at 08:15 AM..

Old 12-19-2016, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
If you want to change citizenship, do it in the Constitution. I've already said that criminals should be deported.
Ummmm ...
A criminal is someone who breaks the law. Coming into this country illegally is breaking the law. Thus they should all be deported. Glad to see you finally get it. Now let's use the five million to help citizens and not the lawbreakers.

Old 12-19-2016, 08:24 AM

882 posts, read 689,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
Ummmm ...
A criminal is someone who breaks the law. Coming into this country illegally is breaking the law. Thus they should all be deported. Glad to see you finally get it. Now let's use the five million to help citizens and not the lawbreakers.
Of course it's breaking the law. So now let me give you the typical liberal response...." but both parties allowed them to do that". Somehow in their minds, that makes it okay. But it doesn't. No one is asking anyone to hunt down people. Simply put, don't aid lawbreakers over our citizens and follow the law. This really isn't that difficult. But the bleeding heart liberals in San Francisco just don't it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland