Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 06:44 PM

6,825 posts, read 9,066,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
It is.
It is the land of handouts where dreaming liberals like you believe people here illegally and don't want to become part of the US have more rights and entitlements than it's citizens.
And since you are so much more enlightened than the rest of us, you really should set the example and pay out of your pocket to support illegal immigrants and share your house with them.
Then we can learn by example from you.
Every generation eventually assimilates. Happens to every group. Don't be so afraid. Not all of them are terrorists.

Edit: LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2016, 08:05 AM

10,352 posts, read 8,578,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
Every generation eventually assimilates. Happens to every group. Don't be so afraid. Not all of them are terrorists.

Edit: LOL
I would imagine quite a few are not. But they are breaking the law by being here illegally and it does create problems. Plus it does seem more logical that if money is going to be spent on helping people, it should be our own before those here illegally.

Old 12-17-2016, 09:02 AM

Quote:
I would imagine quite a few are not. But they are breaking the law by being here illegally and it does create problems. Plus it does seem more logical that if money is going to be spent on helping people, it should be our own before those here illegally.
We have a long history of helping others, not just ourselves.

Old 12-17-2016, 12:39 PM

Quote:
We have a long history of helping others, not just ourselves.
and that would include having citizens living here legally living here go hungry, living in poverty, living with no hope at the expense of those that broke the law,
So far I only here you talking about ideals and not realities.

Old 12-17-2016, 02:00 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,014,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
They absolutely killed the construction field.
Only white people in construction are the children or family friends of the contractor. Unless you are at the elite custom level

Old 12-17-2016, 02:52 PM

Quote:
and that would include having citizens living here legally living here go hungry, living in poverty, living with no hope at the expense of those that broke the law,
Homelessness has been a problem for how long, exactly? It won't be solved by closing the door on immigrants.

Old 12-17-2016, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Homelessness has been a problem for how long, exactly? It won't be solved by closing the door on immigrants.
It's not just the homeless, it's those in poverty.
If you can't see that five million going to illegal immigrants instead of citizens here doesn't at least start to help some of those citizens you are truly living in a dream world.
You mentioned in an earlier post about someone else speaking in absolutes, yet here you are doing the same. The whole problem doesn't get solved, but it's a five million dollar step towards solving it.
If someone asks me to give money to help feed a hungry child at school who is here legally versus help and encourage people who came here illegally, I know where my money is going.

Old 12-17-2016, 05:44 PM

Quote:
It's not just the homeless, it's those in poverty.
If you can't see that five million going to illegal immigrants instead of citizens here doesn't at least start to help some of those citizens you are truly living in a dream world.
You mentioned in an earlier post about someone else speaking in absolutes, yet here you are doing the same. The whole problem doesn't get solved, but it's a five million dollar step towards solving it.
If someone asks me to give money to help feed a hungry child at school who is here legally versus help and encourage people who came here illegally, I know where my money is going.
I know what it's like to be poor. It doesn't change my opinion about giving money to immigrants, legal or illegal. I'm not interested in breaking up families. Call them anchor babies if you want. I call them citizens. Change the Constitution if you don't like it.

Old 12-18-2016, 03:11 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,829,035 times
Quote:
I know what it's like to be poor. It doesn't change my opinion about giving money to immigrants, legal or illegal. I'm not interested in breaking up families. Call them anchor babies if you want. I call them citizens. Change the Constitution if you don't like it.
Republicans are one state house away from having the 3/4 majority needed to amend the constition without democrats needing to sign on. Mid term elections have always favored republicans.

Anchor babies are citizens when born here, nothing prevents the illegal parents from being deported. Familles are not being separated, they can always take their child with them back to their home country with dual citizenship. When the child reaches 18 then they would need to choose wishing country they want to be a citizen of.

You seem to be very generous with other people's money.

Old 12-18-2016, 07:09 PM

387 posts, read 516,095 times
Default Sanctuary Cities

Quote:
One of the issues that got Trump elected was the tragic murder on Pier 14 in San Fran on July 1 2015. Out of respect for the family I don't think naming the victim is necessary. This hit home across the country, one of many that came to light after Trump blew up the issue. As someone who lives in a Sanctuary city and pays taxes I'm not fond of the city raising my taxes to violate the Feds. On my recent trip to SF I walked the Wharf District, it was an eye opener after dark. As all big cities Homelessness is a growing issue,I'd like to see that issue addressed. For a big city Mayor to ignore Immigration law and subject taxpayers to the penalty is irresponsible. Kates Law will be enacted with Trump, the lawsuit vs the city, county, former sheriff Mirkarimi will cost taxpayers a fortune. Time to fix the problem with illegals is past due.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland