Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 03:08 PM

10,352 posts, read 8,578,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
Amen! Hallelujah! It's time for the return of the rule of law in California.

Once Trump is in office, people like Kevin DeLeon, and Newsom are going to be crying uncle once that Federal money tap is turned off.
You wish (me too!)
They will find another sneaky way to circumvent the law to achieve their own agendas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2017, 11:00 PM

38 posts, read 46,561 times
I just escaped from the Bay Area after living there for a year. Escape is the appropriate word. These people are so out of touch with reality and how the world actually works it is amazing. All the open border liberals live in their little enclaves that are typically gated or protected from the rest of the commoners.

I spent a year at Stanford and I thought some of the professors were so far out in liberal la-la land. Then I had a chance to meet some students & faculty from Berkeley and they are so far out there they need a new name and zip code. Heaven forbid I bring up counter viewpoint or engage in critical thinking rather than accept their spoon-fed liberal pablum like mana from heaven. That could negatively affect my grade (found out the hard way) Sorry libs (and conservatives) I was raised in a household where I was taught critical thought.

I grew up in a pretty independent household were all political views and sides were discussed. My parents would vote basically to cancel each other's vote out in major elections. What I found mind numbing was how much the same liberal who is complaining about low wages and needing a higher minimum is the same one inviting in more illegal labor that will then compete with him/her/zhe for these lower skilled jobs. Don't they see the connection?

Or take the tech workers who think they are immune and so far up the food chain that their jobs aren't at risk. Look at how H1-B visas are abused and your job will be sold/outsource overseas. See if you can survive with the jobs left for you locally (unskilled) where you compete with the same illegals for minimum wage.

I am not some crazy conservative. I've lived all over the world and traveled extensively and speak 4 language fluently. Why does almost every country in the world protect their borders but the US doesn't? Even an idiot can figure out that the risk of terrorism goes up. Crime goes up. If you reward bad behavior, you get more of it. It doesn't matter if both sides condone it, it still isn't right to let illegal aliens remain in the country. Follow the process like ALL the legal immigrants do. That is how my family got here. Nobody short-cut the system. Every one paid their dues. Why should you, someone who cut in line, be granted special privileges, that my family worked hard to pay for?

The security aspect is definitely an issue. I was stabbed by an illegal alien from Mexico. I almost died from where I was gutted from my abdomen up to through my rib cage. That guy was already a catch and release illegal alien. He shouldn't have been here but the sanctuary city policies allowed him to remain. Why was such a violent person allowed to remain but my friends who applied for a visa, had great educational backgrounds, good employment histories, etc. were denied? They were considered an immigration risk yet someone who was truly an immigration risk was not deported?

What sort of twisted twilight zone world do we live in the US when citizens and legal residents safety and livelihood are held in lower esteem than someone here illegally? I don't even want to get started on the hypocrisy of Mexico which tells the US to take good care of the Mexicans here but will imprison illegals there in a heartbeat. Of course they don't want their cash cows who send billions back to Mexico, propping up a lot of their economy, somehow shut down from making money.

If the Democrats thought for a second that these people wouldn't vote for them and keep them in power in states like California, they be the first ones to kick their butts out the door. I had never met a more intolerant person in my life than a liberal I met on the Berkeley campus. What an incredible amount of group think going on.

Sanctuary cities should be shut down immediately. Find ways to help the people in their own countries. I volunteer all the time to help the poor, mentally challenged and down-trodden. I go to them to help where they live and in their communities. Stop the problem at the source rather than invite the problem into your own living room to destroy your family and household. So many of the people I met on campus spent more time worrying about PC correctness and micro-agressions than helping their fellow man.

Protect the unique experiment in democracy that the US is before it is destroyed. Without the US in the world, it will be much darker. Many other European countries are already lost, they just don't know it yet. Immigration needs to be controlled and you need people to assimilate. If they don't, you end up with chaos and war given time.

The 5 mil should have been better spent on other programs rather than on criminals here illegally. That money could have done wonders in a boys and girls program or for an orphanage. For the love of man, Democrats STOP using identity politics all the time to further your agenda! I won't vote for you just because you have a vagina or vote against because you do. I want the best and the brightest regardless of race, color, creed, sexual orientation, etc. Both of you parties need to go take ethics classes. There are too many corrupt politicians and we need term limits immediately. Mitch the Turtle, head of the Senate needs to go and so does Paul Ryan. You Republicans need to wake up before it is too late as well. Thankfully Trump is really neither a Republican or Democrat. Hillary was purely a "what's in it for me" Crony Capitalist. I at least could respect the Sander's supporters (even though Bernie was not a great candidate) and the Tea Party folks. They were at least trying to take back their government from the establishment who don't care about anyone else and only want to stay in power.

Old 01-24-2017, 04:47 AM

4,369 posts, read 3,726,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TasmanianDevil View Post
I just escaped from the Bay Area after living there for a year. Escape is the appropriate word. These people are so out of touch with reality and how the world actually works it is amazing. All the open border liberals live in their little enclaves that are typically gated or protected from the rest of the commoners.

I spent a year at Stanford and I thought some of the professors were so far out in liberal la-la land. Then I had a chance to meet some students & faculty from Berkeley and they are so far out there they need a new name and zip code. Heaven forbid I bring up counter viewpoint or engage in critical thinking rather than accept their spoon-fed liberal pablum like mana from heaven. That could negatively affect my grade (found out the hard way) Sorry libs (and conservatives) I was raised in a household where I was taught critical thought.

I grew up in a pretty independent household were all political views and sides were discussed. My parents would vote basically to cancel each other's vote out in major elections. What I found mind numbing was how much the same liberal who is complaining about low wages and needing a higher minimum is the same one inviting in more illegal labor that will then compete with him/her/zhe for these lower skilled jobs. Don't they see the connection?

Or take the tech workers who think they are immune and so far up the food chain that their jobs aren't at risk. Look at how H1-B visas are abused and your job will be sold/outsource overseas. See if you can survive with the jobs left for you locally (unskilled) where you compete with the same illegals for minimum wage.

I am not some crazy conservative. I've lived all over the world and traveled extensively and speak 4 language fluently. Why does almost every country in the world protect their borders but the US doesn't? Even an idiot can figure out that the risk of terrorism goes up. Crime goes up. If you reward bad behavior, you get more of it. It doesn't matter if both sides condone it, it still isn't right to let illegal aliens remain in the country. Follow the process like ALL the legal immigrants do. That is how my family got here. Nobody short-cut the system. Every one paid their dues. Why should you, someone who cut in line, be granted special privileges, that my family worked hard to pay for?

The security aspect is definitely an issue. I was stabbed by an illegal alien from Mexico. I almost died from where I was gutted from my abdomen up to through my rib cage. That guy was already a catch and release illegal alien. He shouldn't have been here but the sanctuary city policies allowed him to remain. Why was such a violent person allowed to remain but my friends who applied for a visa, had great educational backgrounds, good employment histories, etc. were denied? They were considered an immigration risk yet someone who was truly an immigration risk was not deported?

What sort of twisted twilight zone world do we live in the US when citizens and legal residents safety and livelihood are held in lower esteem than someone here illegally? I don't even want to get started on the hypocrisy of Mexico which tells the US to take good care of the Mexicans here but will imprison illegals there in a heartbeat. Of course they don't want their cash cows who send billions back to Mexico, propping up a lot of their economy, somehow shut down from making money.

If the Democrats thought for a second that these people wouldn't vote for them and keep them in power in states like California, they be the first ones to kick their butts out the door. I had never met a more intolerant person in my life than a liberal I met on the Berkeley campus. What an incredible amount of group think going on.

Sanctuary cities should be shut down immediately. Find ways to help the people in their own countries. I volunteer all the time to help the poor, mentally challenged and down-trodden. I go to them to help where they live and in their communities. Stop the problem at the source rather than invite the problem into your own living room to destroy your family and household. So many of the people I met on campus spent more time worrying about PC correctness and micro-agressions than helping their fellow man.

Protect the unique experiment in democracy that the US is before it is destroyed. Without the US in the world, it will be much darker. Many other European countries are already lost, they just don't know it yet. Immigration needs to be controlled and you need people to assimilate. If they don't, you end up with chaos and war given time.

The 5 mil should have been better spent on other programs rather than on criminals here illegally. That money could have done wonders in a boys and girls program or for an orphanage. For the love of man, Democrats STOP using identity politics all the time to further your agenda! I won't vote for you just because you have a vagina or vote against because you do. I want the best and the brightest regardless of race, color, creed, sexual orientation, etc. Both of you parties need to go take ethics classes. There are too many corrupt politicians and we need term limits immediately. Mitch the Turtle, head of the Senate needs to go and so does Paul Ryan. You Republicans need to wake up before it is too late as well. Thankfully Trump is really neither a Republican or Democrat. Hillary was purely a "what's in it for me" Crony Capitalist. I at least could respect the Sander's supporters (even though Bernie was not a great candidate) and the Tea Party folks. They were at least trying to take back their government from the establishment who don't care about anyone else and only want to stay in power.
Immigration=population growth=economic growth=stock market growth=prosperity. Gasp! It's like that's how it happens and not "trickle down economics". Guess those people in Stanford and Berkeley had a plan after all!

Old 01-24-2017, 06:11 AM

121 posts, read 175,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perma Bear View Post
Immigration=population growth=economic growth=stock market growth=prosperity. Gasp! It's like that's how it happens and not "trickle down economics". Guess those people in Stanford and Berkeley had a plan after all!
First the poster was referring to "illegal immigration" and work visas, and not immigration in general.

But Using that logic it is essentially a form of "trinkle down economics" since the rich are the ones that benefit most from a large workforce of low paid workers.

Old 01-24-2017, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic87 View Post
First the poster was referring to "illegal immigration" and work visas, and not immigration in general.

But Using that logic it is essentially a form of "trinkle down economics" since the rich are the ones that benefit most from a large workforce of low paid workers.
Nope. I'm not rich and the stock market is the only hope I'll have of ever buying a Bay Area home. Anyone can invest if they live frugally and benefit off that "evil immigration"

Old 01-24-2017, 06:35 AM

121 posts, read 175,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perma Bear View Post
Nope. I'm not rich and the stock market is the only hope I'll have of ever buying a Bay Area home. Anyone can invest if they live frugally and benefit off that "evil immigration"
I see your point and I'm not against "immigration" because that means I would be against myself . But I do think a country has a right and even a duty to its citizens to protect the border, and I think anyone that is not willing to recognize the pros/cons of a large undocumented workforce are either being disenginious or ignorant.

Old 01-24-2017, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic87 View Post
I see your point and I'm not against "immigration" because that means I would be against myself . But I do think a country has a right and even a duty to its citizens to protect the border, and I think anyone that is not willing to recognize the pros/cons of a large undocumented workforce are either being disenginious or ignorant.
I think the process for legal immigration should be fairer and more equitable, yes we should screen for criminals but we shouldn't make it such a challenge otherwise so people aren't forced to come here illegally.

Old 01-24-2017, 11:39 AM

38 posts, read 46,561 times
Look at it from a different perspective. What right do illegal immigrants have to come to the US uninvited or approved by the government? Whatever happened to attracting the best and the brightest from around the world.

Or for some of you who can't understand why you would want to secure border, let me give you a different way of look at it. Do you live your house totally open and unlocked at night. Do you allow ANY person who decides they want to enter your house come in at any time of the night for any reason at all. Do you allow them to eat your food, sleep in your bed and then demand that you give them special treatment and not call the police for breaking into your house when you finally wised up and decided to lock your doors. Then do you feed. clothe and school them before you feed, clothe and school your own family? Why should I give an special privilege or rights to someone who showed up invited on my doorstep without even the courtesy to even knock or call before entering?

As for my retirement plan, I am not betting all my eggs on the stock market. The #1 investment I could make in my future, and did, is getting the best education I can and then working hard. Then I invested in real estate which makes more millionaires than any other way.

Old 01-24-2017, 11:46 AM

6,825 posts, read 9,066,077 times
I don't see immigration as a zero sum game, with winners and losers. If cities want to divert a small $ to help illegal immigrants, good for them. If you don't like it, vote for someone else for mayor, senator, etc.

Old 01-24-2017, 12:37 PM

1,204 posts, read 1,977,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
When I lived in California I was never reluctant to pay my taxes, knowing that it might help pay for programs that didn't benefit me. I'm just glad that San Francisco and Calfornia have enough compassion to want to help these people. It reminds me of the Bible story of the good Samaritan. Yes there are some criminals, but there are a lot of good, hard working people. I thought conservatives would appreciate that.

Look, I do support jail time and/or deportation for undocumented aliens who violate other laws. But not just because they're here illegally.
The good Samaritan took action personally. He opened HIS wallet. He did not outsource his good works to the state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland