Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 04:58 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,991,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What leftists begging for more illegals? Why would anyone (aside from industry) beg for more illegals? And why leftists? It's mostly very conservative business that wants the illegals.

I still don't get this issue.
So do you support keeping illegals out of the U.S?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2017, 04:37 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post

Where do you come up with these questions?

No, I don't think someone should be kicked out of a homeless shelter to make room for an immigrant. Why do you assume everything is a zero sum game?
You're either missing S4L's point, or you get it and just don't want to admit your own hypocrisy. If you REALLY believe what you are espousing, then you should have no problem taking people into your home in addition to diverting your own and other people's tax dollars. I wonder if you are just mimicking 18Montclair. 18Montclair was confronted on a different thread and gave a similarly evasive answer. I've seen this hypocrisy within my own family. One of my family members, who lives in the Bay Area, is one of the biggest bleeding heart progressives I've ever known in my life. He's not self employed, but his salary from his job is over $1,000,000 per year. His kids wanted to donate their Christmas presents to a struggling family where the father was doing some work at their house. He said no because (at least this was the reason he gave ) the woman in the household MIGHT be someone he's just shacking up with, and under this imagined scenario the real wife is back in Mexico .

Old 02-04-2017, 07:34 AM

6,825 posts, read 9,066,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
You're either missing S4L's point, or you get it and just don't want to admit your own hypocrisy. If you REALLY believe what you are espousing, then you should have no problem taking people into your home in addition to diverting your own and other people's tax dollars. I wonder if you are just mimicking 18Montclair. 18Montclair was confronted on a different thread and gave a similarly evasive answer. I've seen this hypocrisy within my own family. One of my family members, who lives in the Bay Area, is one of the biggest bleeding heart progressives I've ever known in my life. He's not self employed, but his salary from his job is over $1,000,000 per year. His kids wanted to donate their Christmas presents to a struggling family where the father was doing some work at their house. He said no because (at least this was the reason he gave ) the woman in the household MIGHT be someone he's just shacking up with, and under this imagined scenario the real wife is back in Mexico .
Ok you made your point, and I agree with you to some extent. I don't think it's smart to let a stranger into your home. You could say the same about immigrants, but they do some type of screening for them. We can argue how much is enough. I give enough to homeless shelters and other charities that I feel like I'm doing my part.

Old 02-04-2017, 11:28 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
So do you support keeping illegals out of the U.S?
I support reforming immigration law and procedures, so that the necessity to come to the US to live or work illegally, and for industry to hire illegals, will become obsolete.

Old 02-04-2017, 03:49 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,791,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What leftists begging for more illegals? Why would anyone (aside from industry) beg for more illegals? And why leftists? It's mostly very conservative business that wants the illegals.

I still don't get this issue.
LOL. You should be a politician or lawyer, if you are not one already. A conservative business that wants the illegals? I didn't know there are liberal and conservative businesses when it comes to hiring illegals. Don't leave out the libertarian and independent businesses.

A state like CA wants more illegals for the anchor baby votes, is what I hear.

Old 02-04-2017, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
LOL. You should be a politician or lawyer, if you are not one already. A conservative business that wants the illegals? I didn't know there are liberal and conservative businesses when it comes to hiring illegals. Don't leave out the libertarian and independent businesses.

Example:

(Assume Pres. Trump signs a "religious freedom" exec order, or Congress passes a similar law)

Conservative business = will NOT bake a cake for a LGBTQ couple, will not provide contraception

Liberal business = will bake a cake for an LGBTQ couple, will provide contraception

Old 02-04-2017, 04:50 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post

Don't believe everything you hear. You're smarter than that, right?

"Conservative business" would be the ones like Tyson Chicken, that set up smuggling operations in Mexico to bring illegal laborers to their plants. Liberal business would be the ones who hire US workers and pay them benefits.

Old 02-07-2017, 02:05 PM

1,663 posts, read 877,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
Inbreeding mentioned in your source is offensive and insulting.
Truth hurts huh? The fact that you find it "offensive and insulting" is irrelevant. Doesn't change the fact that much of the muslim world is heavily inbred, with some devastating results.

http://10news.dk/?p=526

Old 02-07-2017, 02:15 PM

787 posts, read 644,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dozerbear View Post
Truth hurts huh? The fact that you find it "offensive and insulting" is irrelevant. Doesn't change the fact that much of the muslim world is heavily inbred, with some devastating results.

http://10news.dk/?p=526
Just a typical SJW.

inbreeding in itself is definitely offensive. Calling inbreeding inbreeding is simply stating the facts. SJW's don't know the difference.

Old 02-07-2017, 02:54 PM

Inbreeding is just one of many insults used against poor whites in the USA. Just because a few people do it, doesn't mean everyone does it. Anyone who uses that as an insult has a low IQ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland