Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 06:59 PM

10,351 posts, read 8,576,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg10556 View Post
Your logic doesn't make sense.

You're saying if someone who used to live in the area, posts on this specific forum, they don't have a life? But technically they're still just posting on a forum at the end of the day, just as you have. So you don't have a life either?
touche!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2017, 07:56 PM

911 posts, read 591,229 times
Quote:
Your logic doesn't make sense.

You're saying if someone who used to live in the area, posts on this specific forum, they don't have a life? But technically they're still just posting on a forum at the end of the day, just as you have. So you don't have a life either?
You dont distinguish between posting where you no longer live compared to where you do live and are invested financially, socially, culturally?

Old 05-10-2017, 09:37 PM

2,096 posts, read 2,328,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleysOwl View Post
You dont distinguish between posting where you no longer live compared to where you do live and are invested financially, socially, culturally?
Can one not simply just be interested in current events, topics, etc... in a place they called home at one point in time?

Of course they can. Get outtttaaa heeeeereeee. Posting in one forum or another doesn't make a difference in having a life or not, it's just a post at the end of the day.

Old 05-10-2017, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Can one not simply just be interested in current events, topics, etc... in a place they called home at one point in time?

Of course they can. Get outtttaaa heeeeereeee. Posting in one forum or another doesn't make a difference in having a life or not, it's just a post at the end of the day.
Yes Greg, they certainly can post anywhere. Nothing wrong with curious engagement a bit. What is being noted, however, isnt posts of "interest in current events" kind of issues. What is being questioned is ragging on and on negatively about things disconnected from and left behind. That is not engaging in anything interesting or productive for anyone. That kind of behavior is wallowing and trolling out of a petty spirit.

Old 05-10-2017, 09:49 PM

2,096 posts, read 2,328,176 times
Quote:
Yes Greg, they certainly can post anywhere. Nothing wrong with curious engagement a bit. What is being noted, however, isnt posts of "interest in current events" kind of issues. What is being questioned is ragging on and on negatively about things disconnected from and left behind. That is not engaging in anything interesting or productive for anyone. That kind of behavior is wallowing and trolling out of a petty spirit.
Which bring me back to my original post in this thread, specifically stating that I feel people post in this area forum because they know how easy it is to troll & upset people

And that's not me being a troll, that was me giving my opinion

Old 05-10-2017, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Which bring me back to my original post in this thread, specifically stating that I feel people post in this area forum because they know how easy it is to troll & upset people

And that's not me being a troll, that was me giving my opinion
didnt personally call you a troll though others may have. If not in this thread probably in a couple others reacting to some of your statements. You have said you deliberately post to pi$$ people off. Here are a couple other similarly cavalier comments you made in this thread alone. Seems another one is no longer here so either you or a mod yanked it ... for?

Quote:
While I do get a kick out of pi$$ing people off, ...
Quote:
It's always a delight when it's this easy. I've never interacted with such a sensitive bunch of people.
Do you consider comments along these lines "being interested in current events and issues ...?" Productive? Engaging? Helpful? Or are they just sophmoric sneering? What do you think of posters who move away from California and then continue to lurk around the California forums "because its so easy to **** people here off?" Pretty cool and funny huh? Good grown up fun? Because thats what mature people do to contribute and entertain, right?

Old 05-11-2017, 12:09 AM

10,351 posts, read 8,576,900 times
Quote:
That is a generalization and you know it. I agree some people post things not favorable about California, but others do not. I have noticed that those threads go on and on, much it fueled by California people and sometimes they are mean spirited comments too. If Californians are so great why can't they just ignore what they call trolls? Those raggings go on because Californians keep responding. I will say that it is not all locals, just some.
As a native Californian and a resident for 57 years I can say in the past I had enormous pride in California, too the point of being arrogant and smug. I'm am sure somewhere along the line I probably came across poorly when meeting people from other places. Part of it was me only knowing California and not seeing other other places to compare.
California is still a great place, but there are shortcomings. If others don't like it as much, just let it go and be happy you like it and get to live here.
Finally I will say that just because someone says they don't like it or it wasn't for them, realize it's just their opinion and some people here shouldn't be so offended. Some of the points are valid and are worth discussing and it's not just ragging.

Old 05-11-2017, 02:06 AM

1,516 posts, read 1,249,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
many people come here and lack the educational attainment,ambition and skills to succeed in the Bay Area.they have to retreat to southern red states and are bitter that life didn't turn out like they hope so they post in forums denigrating the bay area and people who have excelled in a region that proved them woefully inadequate.
There's that Bay Area elitism again.

Old 05-11-2017, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
That is a generalization and you know it. I agree some people post things not favorable about California, but others do not. I have noticed that those threads go on and on, much it fueled by California people and sometimes they are mean spirited comments too. If Californians are so great why can't they just ignore what they call trolls? Those raggings go on because Californians keep responding. I will say that it is not all locals, just some.
As a native Californian and a resident for 57 years I can say in the past I had enormous pride in California, too the point of being arrogant and smug. I'm am sure somewhere along the line I probably came across poorly when meeting people from other places. Part of it was me only knowing California and not seeing other other places to compare.
California is still a great place, but there are shortcomings. If others don't like it as much, just let it go and be happy you like it and get to live here.
Finally I will say that just because someone says they don't like it or it wasn't for them, realize it's just their opinion and some people here shouldn't be so offended. Some of the points are valid and are worth discussing and it's not just ragging.
Of course its a generalization. Never suggested otherwise. It was a summation of a specific personality set as addresses the topic. You appear to be arguing here but its not clear against what points (never made or suggested). What you write about area residents who also post whining complaints and defenses is also true. Fair to add to this discussion. Worthy of its own thread.

But the topic here is specifically about people who move away with frustrations then cant let go of them and lurk to complain and troll instead of moving along. There is a vast difference between living in a place / situation where you feel trapped and need to vent ... vs leaving a situation that doesnt fit for whatever reasons and then instead of letting go of the past - dedicating time and energy to hurling taunts and whines over the fence gate you just closed behind as you left. ... and returning day after day after day to continue the behavior.

Old 05-11-2017, 08:06 AM

3,098 posts, read 3,787,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likealady View Post
There's that Bay Area elitism again.
Don't be so "sensitive"
It just an "honest opinion"
A"different point of view"

It doesn't matter if it true or upsets people if this is how I my justify my comments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland