Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 12:58 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,663,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking View Post
Sorry, don't see that as a complaint about the area. Rather it was pointing out insecurites of people that simply give a one sided viewpoint. Guess that's funny, lol.
How was it one sided when the OP clearly said the Bay Area has faults? You said they were insecure for even having to mention the faults. You're contradicting yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2017, 01:02 PM

882 posts, read 688,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
How was it one sided when the OP clearly said the Bay Area has faults? You said they were insecure for even having to mention the faults. You're contradicting yourself.
Sorry, not in the mood to sword fight with you all day on a very basic point. Have a good one.

Old 05-24-2017, 01:19 PM

3,472 posts, read 5,263,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Cold water upwellings bring down the averages but its common to have 70+ degree water throughout summer starting in late June/early July. Nobody said its warm year round but its certainly more than just one month.

Eh pools are boring as hell. I'll take a 70-72 degree ocean over an 85 degree pool anyday.
Well, I was just talking about averages, but one thing I overlooked is that it could be 72 one week, then 66 the next week, and that makes a 68 degree 'average.' So 70-degree temps before September do happen, but since they would be warmer than the average, they wouldn't likely be consistent. Otherwise, the average would be higher.

Old 05-24-2017, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking View Post
Sorry, not in the mood to sword fight with you all day on a very basic point. Have a good one.
Sure, "basic points" that contradict each other. Saying they're insecure for pointing out faults then. Then claiming they are insecure for one showing one side when they clearly mentioned the other side as well, the area's faults. Be consistent with your complaining at least.

Old 05-24-2017, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstieber View Post
Well, I was just talking about averages, but one thing I overlooked is that it could be 72 one week, then 66 the next week, and that makes a 68 degree 'average.' So 70-degree temps before September do happen, but since they would be warmer than the average, they wouldn't likely be consistent. Otherwise, the average would be higher.
Consistent throughout the summer, not usually but easily for weeks at a time. How often do you go to the beach during the summer?

Old 05-24-2017, 02:12 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,552,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
And what beaches have water warm enough to swim in???
One of the few downsides. The OP is correct about the Bay Area. It wouldn't be so darned expensive otherwise.

Old 05-25-2017, 04:55 AM

882 posts, read 688,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarawayDJ View Post
One of the few downsides. The OP is correct about the Bay Area. It wouldn't be so darned expensive otherwise.
I suspect most Economists would disagree with your assertion and point to supply and demand as the main culprit, being aided by zoning restrictions, environmentalists that restrict building, artificial measures like rent control, and the best tax revolt ever with the passage of Prop 13 (the biggest FU ever to the government of this fine state) All of which bring a smile to my face knowing I'm paying 1/3rd the cost on my impounded mortgage than someone that moves here now. I am also heartened by the fact that my elderly neighbor on a fixed income is not misplaced from his home by exorbitant property taxes, in addition to having a much higher overall net worth (should he need to take advantage of it). It's a beautiful thang.

P,S, It's also fun to tell those YIMBYS who don't care about people like my elderly neighbor to go suck on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland