Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2019, 12:12 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,265,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
What’s the point of all that kvetching on an anonymous internet forum? Over and over and over repeating the same angry protests against laws you’ll never do anything about?
You're narrative is not accurate.

I have already done a lot to curb the "homeless" issues where I live. There are plenty of people who are fed up with these dead beat drops outs in our society who will never get their act together...no matter how much money and free handouts you throw at them.

I'm glad that the police in my area don't care about the laws...they are fed up and many are taking matters into their own hands. Funny story I heard from one of them about a Sheriff in SF that all the homeless are afraid of. They know that when they see him coming they run because they know he will arrest them.

Who cares about the ridiculous CA laws when it comes to doing what it takes to keep your neighborhood safe and free from the filthy bio-hazardous dumps they create, including the destruction on top of the thieving ways of these jacked up on drugs or mentally ill who further escalate their mental illness by doing drugs are creating.

The ridiculous laws in CA mean nothing to vigilantes. It's much easier to be a vigilante than it is to try and change bleeding heart laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2019, 01:31 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,365,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
You're narrative is not accurate.

I have already done a lot to curb the "homeless" issues where I live. There are plenty of people who are fed up with these dead beat drops outs in our society who will never get their act together...no matter how much money and free handouts you throw at them.

I'm glad that the police in my area don't care about the laws...they are fed up and many are taking matters into their own hands. Funny story I heard from one of them about a Sheriff in SF that all the homeless are afraid of. They know that when they see him coming they run because they know he will arrest them.

Who cares about the ridiculous CA laws when it comes to doing what it takes to keep your neighborhood safe and free from the filthy bio-hazardous dumps they create, including the destruction on top of the thieving ways of these jacked up on drugs or mentally ill who further escalate their mental illness by doing drugs are creating.

The ridiculous laws in CA mean nothing to vigilantes. It's much easier to be a vigilante than it is to try and change bleeding heart laws.
Lol ... OK ... You be a vigilante then, and take your chances with the consequences. Bold Matadora. If only everyone would return to the good old days of ‘Hang ‘em High’ justice, yee-haw!

Nevertheless, I didn’t write the laws or the Constitution I pledged to defend when I joined service. Still stuck on my folly of those days, I guess. Silly tulemutt.

Old 04-26-2019, 01:36 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
People who are jacked up all day lying in their own excrement or walking around screaming at imaginary people are not free. They are trapped in the hell of mental illness or drug addiction. In fact these folks are causing the rest of society to give up their freedoms.

There is a reason CA especially SF has the "homeless" issues that it does. It's people with your mindset that have enabled this to get to the level we see today.
right, we should arrest them all because that worked so well in Houston

Quote:
Tent city under U.S. 59 shows Houston homeless law isn’t working
In April 2017, about a year after the Wheeler site emerged, the Houston City Council passed an ordinance that essentially banned encampments. While it doesn’t technically criminalize being homeless or prohibit sleeping on public streets, the measure authorizes police to cite or arrest those who erect tents, use portable heating devices or accumulate more possessions than would fit in a container 3 feet tall, 3 feet wide and 3 feet deep.

More than a year later, there’s little evidence that this law has been an effective part of an otherwise broadly successful campaign to reduce the number of people living on the streets or in emergency shelters. Actually, it’s been a costly distraction.

Old 04-26-2019, 01:39 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
Then go for it! Give us the address of the jail you are in when you get arrested for playing cop. We will start a gofundme account and put some money on your books

Old 04-26-2019, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Then go for it! Give us the address of the jail you are in when you get arrested for playing cop. We will start a gofundme account and put some money on your books
Do they allow internet forum participation from jails these days? I don’t think so. Would be a shame to lose that social privilege, no?

Old 04-26-2019, 04:31 PM

1,336 posts, read 928,812 times
Quote:
Lol

You suggest I am “living free off society”? I didn’t work at least as much as you to earn my retirement? Too funny. Really.

I have had, and continue to have, more direct, shoulder-rubbing, grubby-handshaking, “love you man!”-hugging contact with the homeless than you will ever know in your own life ... as well as plenty of unpleasant aspects of such contact. I’ve picked them up, literally, out of the woods, off the streets, and my floor, cleaned them up at times, loaded them physically in my van, driven them hours to VA hospitals, sat with them through registration and benefits applications, led them / dragged them / shoulder-carried them into medical appointments and procedures, put them to bed in motel rooms and stayed with them, and hosted them in my home at times ... (I don’t recommend anyone else do this, by the way.)

And now: back to some retirement lounging around ... then maybe a bike ride or hike with the dog ... after lunch back to work on the boat! Enjoy your hi-tech day!
I actually believe that. I have a valid objective response, but you know what, you've done more than me, so you got the high road on this one.

Old 04-26-2019, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Lol ... OK ... You be a vigilante then, and take your chances with the consequences. Bold Matadora. If only everyone would return to the good old days of ‘Hang ‘em High’ justice, yee-haw!

Nevertheless, I didn’t write the laws or the Constitution I pledged to defend when I joined service. Still stuck on my folly of those days, I guess. Silly tulemutt.
Funny how you think anyone from Houston has a Texas accent. I have never had a Texas accent. In fact I've never had anyone say to me that I sound as if I'm from Texas.

All of your narratives are based on your imagination and none of it is accurate.

You're fun...keep it up I like you!

Old 04-26-2019, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Funny how you think anyone from Houston has a Texas accent. I have never had a Texas accent. In fact I've never had anyone say to me that I sound as if I'm from Texas.

All of your narratives are based on your imagination and none of it is accurate.

You're fun...keep it up I like you!
Did I say something about an accent? Never assumed any such thing about you.

But yeah, I’m fun as a rodeo cowboy in a barrel!

Old 04-26-2019, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
right, we should arrest them all because that worked so well in Houston
Who said arrest them? I said the mentally ill and the dazed and confused drug addicts need to be institutionalized...you know as in treatment or put away for their safety and everyone else's safety.

BART Stabbing Suspect Is Arrested in ‘Vicious’ Attack That Killed Woman

California man fatally stabbed while dining with his daughter on his lap

Homeless Crime Jumps Nearly 50 Percent in Los Angeles, LAPD Says

Sure just let them be free to wonder around and kill and rob as they please.

That works so well here in CA doesn't it?

Old 04-26-2019, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Did I say something about an accent? Never assumed any such thing about you.
I guess this statement "‘Hang ‘em High’ justice, yee-haw!" made me think that you assume that I have a Texas twang.
Quote:
But yeah, I’m fun as a rodeo cowboy in a barrel!
Well I've never partied with a cowboy in a barrel so I have no idea what that would be like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland