Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2019, 01:47 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Cherry picking is not going to help you.

The "homeless" are typically ex paroles who can't hold a job and are strung out on drugs.

Any area where there is an increase in the homeless show's a jump in crime.

Since there is a low population of these "homeless" compared to non-homeless folks it's clear that these homeless are committing more crime than the non-homeless in that area.

Read the link and watch the video.

Your narrative does not match the data.
And your comment about the homeless typically being ex-parolees is just off the hook, made up nonsense.

Quote:
2017 San Francisco Point in Time Survey
INCARCERATION
When asked if they had spent a night in jail or prison in the last 12 months, one fifth (20%) of respondents experiencing homelessness reported that they had, compared to 29% in 2015. Of the 20% of respondents who had spent a night in jail or prison in the 12 months prior to the survey, the mean number of nights spent in jail or prison was five. Thirteen percent (13%) of respondents reported that they were on probation or parole at the time of the survey, lower than 2015 (17%). Similarly, in 2013, 12% of respondents were on probation or parole at the time they became homeless. http://hsh.sfgov.org/wp-content/uplo...AL-6.21.17.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2019, 02:02 PM

Quote:
I don't see why that's funny to you. It's not acceptable and it's what drags down cities to look like slum infested dumps. This is the bleeding heart mind that demonstrates no rational logic.
lol so a tarp over a shopping cart is evidence of 'permanent housing' that's precious!
Quote:
A person shooting up drugs is in possession of drugs.
Unless they are 'shooting up' insulin, how can you tell what they 'shot up' when they are done injecting it Matadora?
Quote:
Yep more irrational logic. Your narratives are nothing more than typical illogical bleeding heart nonsense.
If you think that stating what the actual law is, is somehow bleeding heart nonsense, then strap on your sidearm and go play vigilante, if nothing else it will be interesting to see it on TV after you are arrested.
Quote:
What about this scene do you find acceptable? Oh but yet they are doing nothing wrong in your opinion Right? This is the type of cesspool society that you want to protect, it's a reflection on who you are.
none of it is acceptable but the only solution is to expand mental health services and give people a place to sleep, even if it's a tent, or a cot in a temporary shelter. It's a binary choice Maty, we either provide them a bed or we step around these people on our way to work.
Quote:
How difficult would it be for police to patrol this area?
Bart PD responded and said that was filmed during shift change, I don't know if that's true or not, or if the situation has been mitigated - if not I would suggest that people who observe it report it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ztTl_YpD6A

Old 04-28-2019, 02:10 PM

8,667 posts, read 3,871,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
And your comment about the homeless typically being ex-parolees is just off the hook, made up nonsense.
Yeah, it speaks to fear and misconceptions - rather than the mental illness and drug addiction which permeates the chronically homeless. It misses the point completely.

Old 04-28-2019, 02:16 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,262,177 times
Quote:
Homeless Parolees Weigh On Calif. Counties

People released from prison are 10 times more likely to be homeless

Nowhere to Go: Homelessness among formerly incarcerated people

Old 04-28-2019, 02:23 PM

Quote:
lol so a tarp over a shopping cart is evidence of 'permanent housing' that's precious!
Ascribing your illogical bleeding heart mentalities to me is not going to work.

I never mentioned a tarp over a shopping cart. I was specially talking about people who set up permanent housing on public property. Such as in this photo.

Quote:
Unless they are 'shooting up' insulin, how can you tell what they 'shot up' when they are done injecting it Matadora?
More bleeding heart mentality. We are not discussing people shooting up insulin. We are talking about people shooting up drugs in broad daylight on public property. Do learn to keep up with the topics being discussed in this thread.
Quote:
Bart PD responded and said that was filmed during shift change, I don't know if that's true or not, or if the situation has been mitigated - if not I would suggest that people who observe it report it.
I'm sure you would love for it to be true so it would support your bleeding heart mentality narratives.

You can search Youtube and find plenty of videos like this all around SF even with the police standing in the vicinity not paying any mind.
Attached Thumbnails
The San Francisco Trash/Needles/Poop in the Streets Containment Thread-sf-homeless.jpg  

Old 04-28-2019, 02:23 PM

None of those links proved your claim.

Old 04-28-2019, 02:28 PM

Quote:
None of those links proved your claim.
Sure they do and they bust all of your ridiculous bleeding heart myths.

Old 04-28-2019, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Ascribing your illogical bleeding heart mentalities to me is not going to work.
I never mentioned a tarp over a shopping cart. I was specially talking about people who set up permanent housing on public property. Such as in this photo.
More bleeding heart mentality. We are not discussing people shooting up insulin. We are talking about people shooting up drugs in broad daylight on public property. Do learn to keep up with the topics being discussed in this thread.
I'm sure you would love for it to be true so it would support your bleeding heart mentality narratives.
You can search Youtube and find plenty of videos like this all around SF even with the police standing in the vicinity not paying any mind.
You forgot the photo. Bottom line is, you cannot tell what a person is injecting by observing them injecting it, that is indisputable.

I have done volunteer work with the homeless for over 30 years and I spent over almost 3 decades working in law enforcement. I don't need to search youtube to learn about homelessness.

Old 04-28-2019, 02:34 PM

Quote:
You forgot the photo. Bottom line is, you cannot tell what a person is injecting by observing them injecting it, that is indisputable.
Go back and check out the photo. I was simply resizing it.

So again I was not speaking about a shopping cart with a tarp over it as you nonsensically suggested.

I know your bleeding heart mentality blocks you from keeping up with the topic being discussed.

I am specifically talking about people shooting up drugs in broad daylight. If it were not an issue in SF then why the need for the "safe shoot up sites"? Why are SF residents fed up with seeing it? Why are Bart uses fed up with seeing it?
Quote:
I don't need to search youtube to learn about homelessness.
Apparently you do.

Old 04-28-2019, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Go back and check out the photo. I was simply resizing it.
So again I was not speaking about a shopping cart with a tarp over it as you nonsensically suggested..
I didn't see the photo, I was looking for a link, but those are tents... tents are not permanent housing, or were you not aware of that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland