Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2019, 03:55 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,081,026 times

Advertisements

By no means am I a pot head or a smoker.
I am cool with people passing around a joint around at a camp fire or on a sailing trip, but that’s about it for me.
I am not against it, but it just ain’t for me
How ever I do have my two 30 plus years old kids that live in one of our houses.
It’s a very nice house in a nice area.
Today I read a letter that from the city that the kids live in.
It said “while marijuana is legal but we would prefer that you keep it inside”.
People actually made a complaint that they saw sprouts on a tray that my kids grew from looking over a tall fence
Odd as it is I am actually shocked.
These are good kids.
Yes they smoke and and yes that isn’t the best thing.
These aren’t bad kids they make huge money and are very well wself sufficient.
I am just in awe.
Over all I think it’s a good thing that this was brought to my attention.
Their asses are just about to be reamed for not being descret.
I haven’t reamed them out yet but that is coming soon.
Don’t need no city problems.
Thoughts?
Thanks.
Andy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2019, 07:15 PM

109 posts, read 95,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
By no means am I a pot head or a smoker.
I am cool with people passing around a joint around at a camp fire or on a sailing trip, but that’s about it for me.
I am not against it, but it just ain’t for me
How ever I do have my two 30 plus years old kids that live in one of our houses.
It’s a very nice house in a nice area.
Today I read a letter that from the city that the kids live in.
It said “while marijuana is legal but we would prefer that you keep it inside”.
People actually made a complaint that they saw sprouts on a tray that my kids grew from looking over a tall fence
Odd as it is I am actually shocked.
These are good kids.
Yes they smoke and and yes that isn’t the best thing.
These aren’t bad kids they make huge money and are very well wself sufficient.
I am just in awe.
Over all I think it’s a good thing that this was brought to my attention.
Their asses are just about to be reamed for not being descret.
I haven’t reamed them out yet but that is coming soon.
Don’t need no city problems.
Thoughts?
Thanks.
Andy
You should have kicked them out as soon as they finished their education ages 16-25. Weed or no weed, why are you letting them stay as kids under your roof instead of encouraging them to grow up.

Old 05-05-2019, 08:16 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,096,376 times
It's marijuana. As far as I'm concerned, it's one of the greatest gifts that we have but we keep treating it as though it's some societal pitfall. Stop it.

Without it, honestly, I'm not sure I would have gone to graduate school. I probably would have never started eating healthy or gone vegetarian. I also probably wouldn't make the money I do now. When used properly, it is one of the greatest motivators I've ever experienced.

So, put on some light music, have an edible, and dive into a terrific book; be better than the nosy neighbors who clearly have never understood what it's all about.

Old 05-05-2019, 10:48 PM

1,516 posts, read 1,249,258 times
Perhaps their smoke has been drifting into the neighbor's yard and the neighbor decided to do some sleuthing. Some people are very sensitive to smells. The smell of cannabis makes me nauseous, even if it's just the leftover smell on someone who'd been smoking earlier in the day.

I hope your well off 30 year+ kids are paying you rent.

Old 05-05-2019, 11:08 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,263,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llowllevellowll View Post
When used properly, it is one of the greatest motivators I've ever experienced.
This is the issue..."when used properly" is going to vary per individual.

Who's to say what that means per individual?

Old 05-05-2019, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc-transplant-150988 View Post
You should have kicked them out as soon as they finished their education ages 16-25. Weed or no weed, why are you letting them stay as kids under your roof instead of encouraging them to grow up.
Kicked them out is a bit harsh. However I hear you. Since moving to CA I see more grown up kids not able to live on their own.

Says a lot about CA in general.

Old 05-06-2019, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
This is the issue..."when used properly" is going to vary per individual.

Who's to say what that means per individual?
Good news, though: Unlike with alcohol, it's very difficult to use marijuana improperly.

Old 05-06-2019, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by llowllevellowll View Post
Good news, though: Unlike with alcohol, it's very difficult to use marijuana improperly.
I would have to disagree with this.

Cannabis-related ER visits in Colorado jump threefold after legalization, study says
Quote:
Cannabis edibles only comprise a small number of total cannabis sales, less than 1 percent based on THC content, and only 3.6 percent of marijuana users reported using edibles.

Despite their small market share, cannabis edibles resulted in nearly 11 percent of all cannabis-attributed emergency room visits.

Even more alarming, of the three deaths associated with cannabis products in Colorado, all involved edibles.

Andrew A. Monte, PhD, an associate professor of emergency medicine and medical toxicology at the University of Colorado in Denver, who authored the study, said he wasn’t surprised by the findings.
Why More People Are Going to the ER After Eating Cannabis Products

Old 05-06-2019, 01:24 PM

Oh, sure, people unfamiliar with edibles can feel ill after consuming too much and not following directions.

You posting these links tells me that you're probably unfamiliar with taking edibles yourself. If these same people had stayed hydrated and had consumed food, that feeling would have worn off in short time. Sadly, though, many people who get in trouble with cannibis gets in trouble because they're also using alcohol, are dehydrated, and are not around people are suitable for their care. The more mainstream cannibis gets and the more education that is out there will help reduce this considerably, and the fact is that far more people get alcohol poisoning than do they take too many edibles and feel temporarily ill.

It's amazing that we rip what we don't understand and leave alcohol to lay waste to people's lives.

Old 05-06-2019, 08:52 PM

1,374 posts, read 2,436,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Kicked them out is a bit harsh. However I hear you. Since moving to CA I see more grown up kids not able to live on their own.

Says a lot about CA in general.
OP says these kids made a lot of money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland