Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2020, 12:49 PM

653 posts, read 464,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
BUT some ppl aren't that well meaning with their opinions & they can't even be bothered with inconvenience...like wearing a mask, because of Trump. So... IMO the BA has it right. The majority of ppl around here support Newsom & our county....we are willing to do what it takes to keep ICU beds & staff available. Ofc it's hard. A vaccine is on its way....so.......we can hang in there a little longer IMO.

edit: You AND ppl on the thread tho.... are kinda forgetting that even if a business is kept open lots of ppl still aren't going to go AND the pandemic is still hurting business.
I don't understand why you say I am "forgetting" this or don't understand it.

This is exactly what I am saying.

Old 12-15-2020, 10:58 AM

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/...9-15802056.php

"We all know the drill. The stay-at-home directive now affecting most people across the Bay Area and California harkens back to the March lockdown, which was credited for our success in flattening the curve at the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic.

But this time, regional orders are meeting with some very public resistance at, perhaps, the most critical time of the pandemic yet. California is just beginning its vaccination rollout while the virus is still surging — and there is still time needed not only to distribute shots to the most vulnerable people, but for those shots to take full effect..."

Old 12-15-2020, 11:48 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,663,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanoSF View Post
https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/...9-15802056.php

"We all know the drill. The stay-at-home directive now affecting most people across the Bay Area and California harkens back to the March lockdown, which was credited for our success in flattening the curve at the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic.

But this time, regional orders are meeting with some very public resistance at, perhaps, the most critical time of the pandemic yet. California is just beginning its vaccination rollout while the virus is still surging — and there is still time needed not only to distribute shots to the most vulnerable people, but for those shots to take full effect..."
I think the state tried to over/micro manage the pandemic a little too much. Then seeing people like Newson, Pelosi, Breed, etc.. not follow the guidelines just made it that much worse and caused people to tune out. CA doesn't really seem good at managing anything really so shouldn't come as a surprise.

Old 12-15-2020, 02:12 PM

45 posts, read 88,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
BUT some ppl aren't that well meaning with their opinions & they can't even be bothered with inconvenience...like wearing a mask, because of Trump. So... IMO the BA has it right. The majority of ppl around here support Newsom & our county....we are willing to do what it takes to keep ICU beds & staff available. Ofc it's hard. A vaccine is on its way....so.......we can hang in there a little longer IMO.

edit: You AND ppl on the thread tho.... are kinda forgetting that even if a business is kept open lots of ppl still aren't going to go AND the pandemic is still hurting business.
“Cant be bothered because of Trump...” What are you talking about? We’re in CA/Bay Area/SF, so people here disregarded Trump and whatever he has/had to say about masks, or anything else for that matter.

“If a business is kept open lots of ppl still aren’t going to go.” Um, ok, so let them open up and if all those “ppl who still arent going to go” then why not let the business open since, according to you, those business are gonna be empty. Or maybe, those places will be patronized by people who want to help those businesses not hurt, while they wear their “virus-proof” masks.

I have seen quite a few people in SF with clipboards gathering “recall Newsom” signatures, so I’m not so sure “the majority of ppl here support Newsom.”

And SF still has over 35% of ICU beds available, which is close to what I posted in my post of 12/9/2020.

Old 12-15-2020, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
I think the state tried to over/micro manage the pandemic a little too much. Then seeing people like Newson, Pelosi, Breed, etc.. not follow the guidelines just made it that much worse and caused people to tune out. CA doesn't really seem good at managing anything really so shouldn't come as a surprise.
I tend to agree, although early on, local officials who pushed for the unprecedented measure of effectively closing down a huge portion of one of the world’s most vibrant economies demonstrated a level of leadership I wish were demonstrated on a national level.

I believe our state and local leaders took our compliance for granted, and as you said, overstepped the boundaries that compliance afforded them. Sadly, this has probably squandered much of the long term advantage we gained in the first lockdown (though flattening the curve undoubtedly saved thousands of lives in the short term).

The race is now on to quell the deaths and new cases despite raging levels of both, many believe could have been avoided.

Old 12-15-2020, 02:37 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,583,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summer99 View Post

I have seen quite a few people in SF with clipboards gathering “recall Newsom” signatures, so I’m not so sure “the majority of ppl here support Newsom.”

And SF still has over 35% of ICU beds available, which is close to what I posted in my post of 12/9/2020.

Where have you seen the ppl gathering with clipboards? Not in our county..ha. AND.....some counties in the BA went into a "shutdown" before they had to by the state's guidelines...so... some ppl were speaking up about it more than the last time IMO. It wasn't because of Newsom. The restrictions were different this time tho...AND that has confused some of the ppl. BUT....MOST of the county we live in & most of the BA IMO support it & Newsom. I know a lot of medical staff tho....so maybe we see it differently....BUT even a lot of the corporate & tech ppl do. Ppl are tired tho...ofc. Is there anybody out there that isn't?

edit: we're super excited about the vaccine tho.They have started distributing for healthcare workers.

Quote:
“Cant be bothered because of Trump...” What are you talking about? We’re in CA/Bay Area/SF, so people here disregarded Trump and whatever he has/had to say about masks, or anything else for that matter.
Quote:
while they wear their “virus-proof” masks

We all know that masks aren't "virus proof"......but it's Trump that got ppl talking about not wearing masks & saying stuff like this as his super stupid excuse to not wear one. So....you are what I was talking about in the forum that think the BA has it wrong.

Last edited by TashaPosh; 12-15-2020 at 03:28 PM..

Old 12-15-2020, 07:27 PM

8,669 posts, read 3,871,862 times
Quote:

I must have missed the people in SF gathering with their clipboards, lol. SF would certainly not be the most logical place for them to gather (in the midst of a pandemic, no less) as his popularity is actually the highest in SF (though still a majority elsewhere in the state as well).

According to Ipsos (global market research) re: gubernatorial approval, the majority of Californians favor/support Newsom, (hovering just below 70% in the Bay Area), specifically noted relative to his handling of covid-19.

Old 12-15-2020, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
I must have missed the people in SF gathering with their clipboards, lol. SF would certainly not be the most logical place for them to gather (in the midst of a pandemic, no less) as his popularity is actually the highest in SF (though still a majority elsewhere in the state as well).

According to Ipsos (global market research) re: gubernatorial approval, the majority of Californians favor/support Newsom, (hovering just below 70% in the Bay Area), specifically noted relative to his handling of covid-19.
That was before the French Laundry incident though. Be curious to see if that changed it much.

I printed out the recall petition, had my wife sign it. Just need to get a stamp now lol.

Old 12-15-2020, 08:11 PM

8,669 posts, read 3,871,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
That was before the French Laundry incident though. Be curious to see if that changed it much.

I printed out the recall petition, had my wife sign it. Just need to get a stamp now lol.
Yeah, good luck with that - and make sure it's legit. There are dozens of fakes circulating online; only one is the real deal.

Point being, relative to the thread, several Bay Area counties opted to shut down ahead of the mandate which would appear to indicate general support (pertaining to the handling of the pandemic) in and of itself.

Old 12-15-2020, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
Yeah, good luck with that - and make sure it's legit. There are dozens of fakes circulating online; only one is the real deal.

Point being, relative to the thread, several Bay Area counties opted to shut down ahead of the mandate which would appear to indicate general support (pertaining to the handling of the pandemic) in and of itself.
Went to the same site they mentioned in the news, not sure why you think it would be fake or why even fake sites would be around for this. Have not heard that at all.

And several didn’t opt in and it’s not like voters made the decision so not sure how that indicates general support. It’s not even elected officials making the decision. The rest of CA seems a lot more defiant too. Wouldn’t be surprised if support for Newsom was below 50% outside the Bay Area at this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland