Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2023, 07:36 PM

19,201 posts, read 16,683,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Oh ok no worries, sorry I misunderstood lol. Yep I completely agree with you.
I figured if I clarified it better, it would make sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2023, 09:01 AM

29,511 posts, read 22,630,868 times
lol, as if that actually meant anything in the long term in that catch and releae city

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnUH_BqXUyc&t=8s

Old 12-15-2023, 02:42 PM

7,263 posts, read 3,785,370 times
Oakland has the highest crime rate in the U.S.

Emeryville is number two.

AC Transit, serving the East Bay, has the highest number of attacks on bus drivers in the U.S. (five-fold over many large systems.)

BART has four times the crime of the NYC subway system.

So, what is the Bay Area doing wrong? Perhaps voting for soft-on-crime Marxists?

Old 12-16-2023, 05:56 PM

42,840 posts, read 26,247,208 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
AC Transit, serving the East Bay, has the highest number of attacks on bus drivers in the U.S. (five-fold over many large systems.)
So, what is the Bay Area doing wrong? Perhaps voting for soft-on-crime Marxists?
I think I found your source https://www.californiadefenselawyer....most-dangerou/ There are a few problems with your source and your claim. That site does not post any numbers for US crime rates, nor does it compare Oakland with cities outside of California. I looked for sites that do list other US States and found this:

St. Louis, Missouri
Birmingham, Alabama
Baltimore, Maryland
Memphis, Tennessee
Detroit, Michigan
Cleveland, Ohio
New Orleans, Louisiana
Shreveport, Louisiana
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Little Rock, Arkansas
Oakland, California
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Kansas City, Missouri
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Richmond, Virginia
https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurabe...h=434169c9309a
As you can see, Oakland is ranked 11th most dangerous and Emeryville is not listed at all

I checked similar sites and found the forbes data to be consistent with most of the others.

Old 12-16-2023, 07:32 PM

141 posts, read 123,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post

You don’t hear half of what goes on in BART, on the trains or in the stations. An ineffective Police Dept and poor management…..

Old 12-17-2023, 06:21 PM

5,583 posts, read 5,007,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipmart87 View Post
You don’t hear half of what goes on in BART, on the trains or in the stations. An ineffective Police Dept and poor management…..

Old 12-17-2023, 07:43 PM

3,244 posts, read 6,296,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Emeryville is not listed at all
Emeryville is not listed because the Forbes article was for cities with a population over 300K.

Look at the city-data crime stats for Emeryville. Their crime rank of 810 is even worse than Detroit's 797.

https://www.city-data.com/crime/crim...alifornia.html

https://www.city-data.com/crime/crim...-Michigan.html

Emeryville is known as the "most dangerous small town in America"

https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...fewise-report/

Old 12-18-2023, 12:43 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,940,258 times
When the DA doesn't prosecute criminals... it makes the picture look rosier than it actually is lol. People are also less likely to report crimes when it's something they know won't have any consequences.

Old 12-18-2023, 01:33 PM

19,201 posts, read 16,683,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
When the DA doesn't prosecute criminals... it makes the picture look rosier than it actually is lol. People are also less likely to report crimes when it's something they know won't have any consequences.
This is true. If a crime is committed but not reported, it also makes it a little difficult to calculate stats for a given year.

Old 12-21-2023, 10:59 AM

5,281 posts, read 3,072,220 times
Well it’s currently porch shopping season for the porch pirates.
At least there will be some new comical Ring Doorbell videos to laugh about .

I think the urban thieves load up and road trip it out into more affluent East Bay bedroom communities so I don’t believe that there are any real safe communities when it comes to craziness so please try to keep safe.

If you are expecting an Amazon delivery I wouldn’t trust it sitting out in the open to long.
I have several packages going to my moms house rather than to sit in front of mine because she will not leave them out long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland