Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 12:44 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
Well you haven't really said anything based on fact.

For instance, I say the South is racist and had to have a law passed to prevent racism in schools. This is easily provable because it "actually happened":

Tennessee Teen Fights For Right to Wear Confederate Flag - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

I can also say OC is one of the safest places to live, with great schools, and great natural beauty.

3 O.C. cities among nation's safest | cities, publication, year - News - The Orange County Register

See, that's wasn't so hard. Then again I graduated from high school, something that the South historically has done at very low rates in comparison to the rest of the Union:
WFU | Social Stratification in the Deep South (http://blog.zsr.wfu.edu/social_stratification/author/stewarkd/ - broken link)

Yup, dumb and racist, the South has it all covered.
You're pretty slow aren't you? Did I ever claim that the south doesn't have a history of racism? I wasn't even talking about the South! I was talking about your BS hypocrisy is generalizing a place then getting your panties in a wad when someone does the same exact thing about Orange County. And how you claim others have an unrealistic view of their region b/c they live there when you display the exact same characteristic as well. Are you getting it NOW? Reading comprehension goes a long way.

Old 04-16-2010, 12:49 PM

2,352 posts, read 5,253,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
You don't think OC has a racist history? Do you need me to pull links on KKK, Nazi, and Aryan groups. How about the black family that moved into "Rich" Turtle Ridge in Newport Coast that had their car spray painted?

Get out of here. OC has a major history.
So because some knucklehead kids spray painted some black guys Mercedes Benz, OC is full of KKK and Nazis?

When you can find an article where a black guy was dragged behind a pickup truck for a few miles by racist in OC, then maybe you'll have a point. For now though, that stuff only happens in the South.

Race Matters - Black Man Fatally Dragged In a Possible Racial Killing

Old 04-16-2010, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
You're pretty slow aren't you? Did I ever claim that the south doesn't have a history of racism? I wasn't even talking about the South! I was talking about your BS hypocrisy is generalizing a place then getting your panties in a wad when someone does the same exact thing about Orange County. And how you claim others have an unrealistic view of their region b/c they live there when you display the exact same characteristic as well. Are you getting it NOW? Reading comprehension goes a long way.
Just as I thought, when presented with fact, you respond with vile and start to back peddle. Your attitude reveals all. Watching your self destruction is entertaining to me. That's sweeter than any victory I could have imagined.

Old 04-16-2010, 12:53 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
Quote:
Just as I thought, when presented with fact, you respond with vile and start to back peddle. Your attitude reveals all. That's sweeter than any victory I could have imagined.
The facts you presented to me have NOTHING to do with what I was talking about. I didn't back peddle, I've been saying the same thing repeatedly b/c you just simply don't get my point or can't come up with a decent rebuttal so you go off on some tangent about something I never was even arguing against.

Old 04-16-2010, 12:53 PM

2,667 posts, read 6,780,592 times
Quote:
The South has a history that is well documented and full of racism and slavery.

OC has a reputation for suburban yuppies.

Not quite the same thing.
I agree. We are comparing a county to an entire region . I can name yuppie places in the south. I can name hick places in the south. I can name yuppie places in the west. I can name hick places in the west.

Old 04-16-2010, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Pacific Beach Club (1926) | The Black Past: Remembered and Reclaimed

The Curious Case of the Bowers Museum KKK Tree - Orange County News - Navel Gazing

Martin H. Millard - Page 1 - Features - Orange County - OC Weekly

Disgraced Ex-Los Al Mayor Has a Facebook Fan Page! - Orange County News - Navel Gazing

Too Many Mexicans on the Corona del Mar State Beach

Oh no! Racist hate crime in Los Alamitos making news | Let's Fix Los Al!

who openly wish for the team's good-ol' losing white days (http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/your-los-angeles-angels-of-ana/angels-radio-broadcaster-terry/ - broken link)

Four Skinheads' Attempt at Racial Holy War Turned Into a Slater Slums Smackdown - Page 1 - News - Orange County - OC Weekly

Fullerton's Mural-Destroying Past - Orange County News - Navel Gazing

Orange County, California: The police protect racist thugs - Newspaper Article @ The Spark
Yup, just as I thought, opinion articles, historical data from 1926, and a destroyed mural.

That does sound as bad or worse than having a black guy dragged behind a pickup truck!

Old 04-16-2010, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
The facts you presented to me have NOTHING to do with what I was talking about. I didn't back peddle, I've been saying the same thing repeatedly b/c you just simply don't get my point or can't come up with a decent rebuttal so you go off on some tangent about something I never was even arguing against.
This is a legendary meltdown. I'm honestly laughing right now.

Old 04-16-2010, 12:55 PM

2,667 posts, read 6,780,592 times
Quote:
That's sweeter than any victory I could have imagined.
Hell yeah - message board victory! Life is exciting, isn't it.

Old 04-16-2010, 12:57 PM

I try to appreciate the little things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland