Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 03:42 PM

82 posts, read 165,828 times

Advertisements

Yeah, I've been going back and forth on purchasing now or wait a few years. Trying to calculate the cost of purchasing now vs how much money I'd spend in 2-3 yrs rent when housing may go down. I predict a recession next year after elections are over and then housing going down. The thing about housing is that it deflates slowly unlike the stock market which can crash over night. I don't think it'll be worse than the last downturn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2016, 03:58 PM

207 posts, read 257,411 times
lallo, i think it is a good decision. people on this forum are also seeing listing lasting longer than usual. And rentals are also getting cooler. I do see some houses priced lower than what they would have been a couple of months back. Considering that, 2016 could be wait and watch. I dont expect prices will go up for sure. however whether it would go down, it all about time.

Old 02-04-2016, 05:52 PM

1,271 posts, read 2,594,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlovet View Post
lallo, i think it is a good decision. people on this forum are also seeing listing lasting longer than usual. And rentals are also getting cooler. I do see some houses priced lower than what they would have been a couple of months back. Considering that, 2016 could be wait and watch. I dont expect prices will go up for sure. however whether it would go down, it all about time.
We are reaching the critical mass point, some people may say it's been passed a while ago, I have noticed a big decline in job postings over the past month, aside from the usual Tesla and Apple who seem to still be flying high.

Old 02-04-2016, 07:34 PM

926 posts, read 979,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlovet View Post
@ggcd951
yes, i agree. recession happened in 2008,9. housing crashed around 2011-12. I agree housing will not crash as badly as it did in 2011,12 point being banks are careful handing out loans this time. however there will certainly be dip owing to layoffs and tech people not being able to payoff. It may happen by a couple of years from now.
i am seeing next bubble crash in student loan and healthcare industry. once student can realize they have no moral obligation to pay their debt and people figure out medicine is not solution to their health...

Old 02-04-2016, 09:09 PM

207 posts, read 257,411 times
@ggcd951
current slowdown is because of china, isn't it.. so far none pointed to the facts that student loan and health care are reasons of this.. did you read it anywhere ?

Old 02-05-2016, 08:29 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,869,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simboticus View Post
Likely will lead to a real estate correction as well.
  • The year was 1983.
  • The location was Silicon Valley + Palo Alto, Menlo Park, Atherton
  • "...We are headed for a Tech Bubble."
  • "...Silicon Valley is full of engineers who will find their jobs have been outsourced/offshored to India and China."
  • "...The price of Real Estate will drop like a rock when those engineers lose their jobs and find they cannot compete with offshore engineers who earn 1/3 the amount of local salaries."

... and so some people didn't buy real estate 30+ years ago.

Old 02-05-2016, 02:02 PM

176 posts, read 255,712 times
It's a correction, it doesn't mean never buy here. I have no doubt this area will be a desirable place to be for many years to come. So you buy now, near the all time high, or wait for the correction that may or may not come. 30 years from now it won't matter. But if you can't afford to buy now, a correction would be welcomed by a lot of people.

Old 02-05-2016, 02:13 PM

712 posts, read 842,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggcd951 View Post
i am seeing next bubble crash in student loan and healthcare industry. once student can realize they have no moral obligation to pay their debt and people figure out medicine is not solution to their health...

more like realizing that 'having health INSURANCE' does NOT INSURE that you will be healthy ...

Old 02-06-2016, 02:16 PM

82 posts, read 165,828 times
Linked In's stock is down 40% in one day! This is going to be an interesting year.

Old 02-07-2016, 08:06 AM

1,271 posts, read 2,594,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lallo View Post
Linked In's stock is down 40% in one day! This is going to be an interesting year.
That's only the tip of the iceberg

Tech correction is here - Business Insider

Unicorns And Little Ponies Hit The Slaughterhouse As Maker Media Lays Off 17 | TechCrunch
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose