Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 04:41 PM

1,305 posts, read 3,610,538 times

Advertisements

Devin, I'm one of those that likes Gabriels, or used to anyway. Their Guacamole Especial is really good. However, I was treated poorly by one of their waitstaff, and I am one to bear grudges once that happens. Same reason I don't go to other Santa Fe restaurants that are absent from my list. They have good food, but I was mistreated there and hence they do not appear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2008, 04:53 PM

946 posts, read 3,264,802 times
Default Two of us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinegaroon View Post
Devin, I'm one of those that likes Gabriels, or used to anyway. Their Guacamole Especial is really good. However, I was treated poorly by one of their waitstaff, and I am one to bear grudges once that happens.
That's two of us with the same grudge against Gabriels -- except that my wife and I were treated with deliberate rudeness. And my wife speaks Spanish and understood exactly what was being said -- the host was making fun of us -- loudly for all to hear. Even I, with abysmal Spanish, got the drift.

I am never going back.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:09 PM

3,011 posts, read 10,024,515 times
Wow, you two.

Gabriel's goes OFF my list.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:27 PM

1,569 posts, read 3,401,234 times
Gabriel's is only worth going to for the guacamole anyway. Never thought the food was outstanding. My son wouldn't eat guacamole before going there--he's loved it ever since. All in the presentation. They should be treating locals better--tourism is down. Remember the place in Lamy? I took my kids out there one time and walked in to an empty restaurant and bar and was told they didn't have room for us! When I asked ahhh....what's with all the empty tables...they replied the train was bringing people down. I asked if we could sit at the bar and they said no. I never went back and it wasn't long before they closed. I heard they sold that marvelous wooden bar.

Old 07-03-2008, 08:29 AM

1,305 posts, read 3,610,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancingearth View Post
Gabriel's is only worth going to for the guacamole anyway. Never thought the food was outstanding. My son wouldn't eat guacamole before going there--he's loved it ever since. All in the presentation. They should be treating locals better--tourism is down. Remember the place in Lamy? I took my kids out there one time and walked in to an empty restaurant and bar and was told they didn't have room for us! When I asked ahhh....what's with all the empty tables...they replied the train was bringing people down. I asked if we could sit at the bar and they said no. I never went back and it wasn't long before they closed. I heard they sold that marvelous wooden bar.
Well, that is Lame...y

Old 07-06-2008, 02:02 PM

345 posts, read 466,682 times
Although I like favorite local places and good cheap eats as much as the next person, when I'm in SF I always make a special trip or two to my favorite Santa Fe restaurant on Washington Avenue - Santacafe. Dining alone? They have a bar that's conducive to solo dining. You're welcome.

Old 07-06-2008, 02:04 PM

Hi Ria:

Our realtors when we bought our house were in the building next to Santa Cafe .. and they told us what a wonderful restaurant it is...and how popular with locals and visitors.

Old 07-06-2008, 02:52 PM

345 posts, read 466,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towanda View Post
Hi Ria:

Our realtors when we bought our house were in the building next to Santa Cafe .. and they told us what a wonderful restaurant it is...and how popular with locals and visitors.
Lucky you. I can only dream of living in that location. p.s. the native music performers who sometimes play at the farmers market in railroad area are wonderful! I tell friends of friends visiting for first time to try to catch that bit of NM/SF local color.

Old 07-06-2008, 02:54 PM

946 posts, read 3,264,802 times
Default Ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towanda View Post
Hi Ria:

You had the same firm we did. Our agent also took us there.

Old 07-06-2008, 03:15 PM

They didn't take us to Santa Safe, because we only met them there at the office one time.

At other times, they took us to Harry's Roadhouse for breakfast (awesome!) and to Rio Chama just last week to celebrate our move.

So Santa Cafe is still on our list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe