Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 07:11 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,091,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nphomeowner View Post
Oh sure now I have to pick one of these guys huh? How do I do this, draw straws???
No, actually, Pete does lawns and weeding. If you find the weeds get out of hand when your gone (in the flower beds and stuff) he'll take care of that too for you.

Mike is a mister-do-it-all, and he is good. Anything from plumbing to small electrical, any kind of carpentry, drywall, painting, carpeting. He fixes well pumps and he helped me change out my shower / tub diverter when I decided to replace it.

Both are very laid back, and helpful guys. They are both reliable as well, normally you don't find all that. Pete does my lawns, so I have time to figure out the stuff I want Mike to do. - Its a tough life, but someone has to manage to get by.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2011, 07:37 AM

1,642 posts, read 3,345,307 times
If you have a sunny yard, and neighbors who care how your property looks, you'll need to cut more than once a month. Twice is fine for right now, but in another month or two will not be.

Old 02-24-2011, 09:15 AM

1,581 posts, read 3,374,769 times
Thanks a bunch. I'll be calling Pete then today or tomorrow. Our back yard is backed up to a nice wooded area so not sure how sunny it is but my MIL said the weeds were starting. I guess twice a month is a better idea to make sure it stays neat and tidy. If it needs it more often before we move so be it, I want it to look nice.

My hubby is real handy with most things but will keep Mike's number handy also. It's a new house and just a few little minor things need to be done when we move in but we have never had a well before so hubby will more than likely need some guidance and assistance in that area.

Hubby is planning on having his last project done by mid April and we are hoping to be moving permanently by May, June at the VERY latest.

So glad I found this forum, you folks are so helpful!!!

Old 02-24-2011, 03:36 PM

62 posts, read 181,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
If you have a sunny yard, and neighbors who care how your property looks, you'll need to cut more than once a month. Twice is fine for right now, but in another month or two will not be.
yes this is true. once the rainy season gets here, you can watch bahia grass grow! right now, i am maintaining/mowing st augustine lawns every other week and most bahia lawns, mowing once a month, but i visit the property every other week to edge the driveway and clean anything up. some of my yards have the, ya lovely florida oaks and they are dropping leaves like crazy now, as well as acorns, so i will hand rake the leaves up to clean it up. another cold and dry winter for us, but the heat will soon be here!

Old 03-07-2011, 11:50 AM

on Pete. He's taking care of our lawn for us. Thanks for the recomendation! He sure seems like a gem!

Old 03-07-2011, 12:06 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,925,572 times
Quote:
on Pete. He's taking care of our lawn for us. Thanks for the recomendation! He sure seems like a gem!
That's great! He is super nice and easy to deal with. I wouldn't hesitate to use Bill's Lawn either.

Old 03-07-2011, 12:14 PM

I was going to call Bill if I couldn't get in touch with Pete. It's really hard to make a choice when two people come so highly recommended. Since I had called Pete first I felt it only fair to give him first shot. You get the next one Bill!

Old 03-07-2011, 04:56 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,091,177 times
Quote:
I was going to call Bill if I couldn't get in touch with Pete. It's really hard to make a choice when two people come so highly recommended. Since I had called Pete first I felt it only fair to give him first shot. You get the next one Bill!

I haven't used Bill, but Pete has done a great job for me for a couple years. Since I recommended him, please come back and let me know how he does for you. OK I don't recommend people easily. So it is important to get feed back.

Old 03-07-2011, 05:18 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,925,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
I haven't used Bill, but Pete has done a great job for me for a couple years. Since I recommended him, please come back and let me know how he does for you. OK I don't recommend people easily. So it is important to get feed back.
I haven't used Bill either but I like his attitude and would be willing to give him a shot.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:57 PM

62 posts, read 181,150 times
hey thanks all for the compliments...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area