Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 07:09 PM

27 posts, read 67,823 times

Advertisements

I love it here!!!!! My house is great, minutes from the beach and the largest mango tree in my yard I have ever scene! A papaya tree, grapefruit and flowers galore!! I have been riding my bike to the beach everyday and start work tomorrow wish me luck!!! Now I need to make some friends
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2011, 07:39 PM

35 posts, read 202,808 times
Default Update?

Any update since you have settled in to Sarasota, Halapena?

Old 08-13-2011, 09:46 PM

1 posts, read 2,286 times
Default Need opinion to someone who once lived in N.Fl now Ohio

[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Hello Sarasotians,[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]I am considering relocating to Sarasota. I lived in N. Fl for 23 years, and have lived in Ohio for the past 12 years. I lived my last winter in Ohio. [/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]I want to rent for a year to get my barring’s and learn where I want to buy in Sarasota. Not sure if this is the right location for a single women in her mid 50's with a career in healthcare sales. Is this a good place to meet single people? As a single women, looking to meet nice single people. I am open to suggestions/ recommendations.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Thank you in advance for any assistance.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Jo[/FONT][/SIZE]

Old 08-14-2011, 11:03 AM

12 posts, read 33,355 times
Hi, I am seriously considering relocating from Long Island, NY to either Sarasota or the Tampa area. I've been to Sarasota and loved it but heard Tarpon Springs was a great place also. I am 50 yrs old and recently divorced. I'm a registered nurse and will likely have my 25 yr old son with me who is a marine mechanic. We both love living near the water. I'd love to hear opinions of which place is more desirable. Thank you.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:59 AM

3 posts, read 6,066 times
Wow your post was really informative. My hubbie, I and 3 daughters live outside of Austin on Lake Travis. We are considering a move to FL. At first I looked at Pompano Beach, but schools are crap. I've also been looking at Plantation and Sarasota because of good schools. However, my husband has talked to a few Floridians who have moved here and it sounds discouraging. School standards were lowered so kids could pass? I love TX and have lived here since 1979. Drugs were around my high school...Westwood in NW Austin. I would imagine they are everywhere. My husband is a boat mechanic and also an electrician so he could find work. I'm a stay at home mom but may start working since my youngest just entered kindergarten. Other two are 5th and 8th grade...very bright A students. We love the ocean and are big time into boating. We are waterfront here but dream of getting on the ocean and adventuring to different islands. So you really don't recommend raising a family in FL? Any additional info would be helpful and greatly appreciated

Old 03-26-2012, 09:48 AM

2 posts, read 3,574 times
Just a little bit of info on a great church I just found in Sarasota. Suncoast Community Church is the only place in town I've found that is focused on reaching the young families. the teaching is relevant and the music is incredible, very loud and energetic! They do so much for the community that you can't help but get involved. Let me know if you have any other questions about the area, I was born and raised here 941-544-4772.

Suncoastcommunity.com

Old 03-29-2012, 12:13 PM

3 posts, read 9,412 times
I work in the medial field as well. Go to 'indeed dot com' if you aren't already on there and check out your job opportunities.
Bradenton has some areas that aren't so nice but frankly, what city doesn't. We have a 15 year boy... I don't much about Austin but I have been here since July of 2011 and I LOVE the weather here.
If you have any questions, I'd be happy to help you.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:56 AM

6 posts, read 8,590 times
We've moved to Bradenton, Palma Sola Harbour, with our 3 kids - 13, 11 and 3. We go to the Bridge Church. Loving it here. The people are wonderful and there's lots to do and see in all directions. Sarasota is great too. I'm involved with a small, new school that caters to all the needs of the children, and that has been the cherry on the cake.

Old 06-27-2012, 08:46 AM

2 posts, read 2,925 times
Default Relocating from Long Island, NY to Sarasota area??

Hi All,

My family and I are contemplating a move to the Southwest Florida area. For many reasons, primarily the absorbanant cost of living (property taxes), we are having a difficult time sustaining a lifestyle here on Long Island. (We've owned our home for over 10yrs). My husband & I are in our mid 40's and we have 2 kids, age 5 & age 13.

Prior to living in our home - we had a short stint living in So. Florida (yr 2000) - residing in Coral Springs. We liked the area very much -- very family oriented, nice clean community with lots of shopping, attractions etc., and we were close to several family members. Because of family obligations, we moved back to LI. Well, coming full circle, we are now looking to relocate back back to So. florida.

We also have family on the west coast (Tampa/Clearwater area), who are "tempting" us to look on that coast. So we are kindda torn. After doing some research on these forums....I read some nice things about the Sarasota/Bradenton area... in particular -- checked some real estate listings for an area called North Port. Seems to have what we are looking for. Affordable homes (under 10 yrs old construction), access to shopping, and a good schools. A family member also suggested an area alittle more north in Pinellas County, called Palm Harbor. Said school district is top rated in state of Florida.

So...I would appreciate any and all feedback concerning these west coast areas. Since my kids are receiving top notch education here on LI, they education and school experience to mirror that as close as possible.

Thanks so much to all who respond.

Old 07-10-2012, 06:38 PM

47 posts, read 65,946 times
WoW, I am so happy to hear some GOOD stuff about Brendenton. My daugther and I are moving there in August. However, on another thread I was reading that Brendenton is full of crime, drugs, prostutes and getto. I got scared. They mentioned some beaches should be stayed away from. You have no idea how wonderful to see some possitive things said are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area