Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 08:28 PM

122 posts, read 323,747 times

Advertisements

http://moveanywherebutflorida.com/

It's kind of humorous, yet likely some truth as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2011, 08:45 PM

1,464 posts, read 1,842,626 times
This guy is seriously off his meds.

Old 07-23-2011, 10:58 PM

386 posts, read 1,015,593 times
OK. Well, here's my take on his post... It's very interesting and unusual. I like alternative viewpoints and apparently he spent a considerable amount of time composing it. As to it's validity, well, that's for each individual who reads it to decide...I relocated to Florida from New Jersey with my husband over a number of years based on experience and choice. I have literally traveled the world and IMO nothing can guarantee an individual's happiness or success in a particular location. It's a combination of variables that bring a person to exist in a particular location. Maybe it's a job, maybe it's family, (or an escape from a job or a family), maybe it's a longing for warmer climes, a red sunset, perhaps it's a lifelong dream or a sudden inspiration. Whatever the source you land where you land and it's the best of life or the worst or it's in between. It's life. That's just what it is...

Old 07-24-2011, 01:26 AM

9 posts, read 14,561 times
Most of his points raised could be used to describe any country/city/state in the WORLD!

Life is what you make it!

He certainly sound quite miserable!

Old 07-24-2011, 08:08 AM

17,536 posts, read 39,141,385 times
Not going to read it - I clicked on it and could not stand all the capital letters in bright colors.... definitely off his meds, and probably someone who posts on this forum! LOL

Old 07-24-2011, 08:14 AM

89 posts, read 105,000 times
He's a clown

Old 07-24-2011, 09:02 AM

1,581 posts, read 3,374,769 times
Yep life is what you make it! Some people are miserable no matter where they are so it really doesn't matter where they are, they are never happy.

Old 07-24-2011, 09:14 AM

1,194 posts, read 4,127,679 times
We now live in Florida 'cause after visiting my In-Laws who retired close to 27 years it seemd as though moving here is the right thing to do. Every year siince 1982 we visited them in Ft Lauderdale and it was love at first sight.....

I have always wondered why the Dunkin Donuts in West Palm Beach, Port Saint Lucie, Stewart and Vero Beach are usually full of people. We see people on benches even when it rains.. 24/7 for the pool and lots a time trying to catch some fish...

We just love Florida.....

Old 07-24-2011, 09:36 AM

547 posts, read 927,060 times
I can somewhat see his point. But this is Sarasota. Most of the things he complains / warns us about don't exist here.

Old 07-24-2011, 12:37 PM

8,318 posts, read 4,671,045 times
Florida is a great place to live but there are some kernals of truth in the article. For example - the part about Florida having a higher number of pedestrians 'run over' in motor vehicle accidents. This is especially true in Sarasota - as the graph on the following city-data.com web page illustrates - the number of pedestrians 'run over' in Sarasota is much higher then even the high Florida average: //www.city-data.com/accidents/a...a-Florida.html However when you consider the total population of Sarasota to the number of pedestrians that were actually run over - it's still a very tiny percentage of the overall area population - so really unless you are very paranoid THIS should not factor into your decision of moving to Sarasota. That said it's always a good idea to be aware of your surroundings when out and about walking or biking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area