Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 04:33 AM

461 posts, read 554,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff by the Sea View Post
^^ Diversity has become a supreme virtue in the US. I personally would rather see more emphasis on tolerance and acceptance of all.

Stop making diversity a goal rather than a means to an end. Let people live where they want and do what the want but stop making the appropriate mix some glorified ideal.

Why can't we all just be color blind, or blind to all the possible categories and just let people be people? Why do we have to categorize people?
Because society isnt colorblind thats why. Theres many prejudice people if I havent said so before. They dont have to say a thing which makes it more frustrating. I get further debating neo nazis than most of the people in this place who practice covert racism and white supremacy. Speaking from an Italian Americans point of view. IT EXISTS and people dont have to say a word. I want to end it, but people in places like this dont want to end it where it thrives on rich and poor, race and class division. I totally hate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2017, 04:46 AM

461 posts, read 554,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
Sarasota is not diverse like California.
While diversity exists here, you won't be blown away by the varied and colorful rainbow of humanity in Sarasota. It's pretty whitewashed. Generally speaking of course.

There are pockets of diversity, but nothing to compare to California. and by "pockets of diversity" what I mean is there are African American areas and that's pretty much it.
You got that right. Personally I find Californians to be more friendly than people here, but only if you embrace California as they are so into that and like showing people where they're from. I did notice that although out west, they're like that more anyhow or less pessimistic. I think no matter where you go though, you cant be in a cowtown type area with very little going on if you're young and single. I've struggled with that at times and often times I didnt have the money to move to a progressive city like Seattle or else I would or lived right in downtown Boston or something. North end. So I got stuck in backwater type places often or places where they weren't as forward socially. Sacramento by CA big city standards now I See someone mentioned, is considered inferior or has been for years but compared to Sarasota, its quite better. The beaches are where Sarasota has the edge but culturally no way. Sac is above this area and even above Tampa now too I'd say but they've been kind of close for years I'd say.

The 2 most diverse places I ever seen was the Midtown Sacramento area and my home area of Lowell MA. Both on a level of multiculturalism that Sarasota could never touch. Sarasota is just so behind, ya theres hispanics, blacks, some people from around the world who come here, but they support the rule here also so its as if the diversity there is doesnt matter. If everyone conforms to a globalist agenda, what good is it? People have to do their job to fight the powers that be and all the aliens in government. And the only way to do that is integration, of course outside obvious crime elements you dont want to venture down but with everyone else who just tries to make it day to day and the higher ups and white supremacists often dont give them a chance, blacklist them on employment applications.. BELIEVE ME I KNOW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area