Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 12:37 PM

6 posts, read 9,990 times

Advertisements

gl

REVELRY RESTAURANT on University Parkway !

We've eaten there a few times, and were totally underwhelmed. We hope your experience was better than ours.

A source told us that the place was being sold or in fact closing if the prospective balks. That's a kiss of death location. Everything that's been there has failed it seems.

I hope my banking source is in error, but you really have to be mobbed everyday/night to pay the lease on that place according to what a real estate agent told us. WE hope something eventually goes in there that is really good, because this food isn't worth it for us. Too much competition already on University PWY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2013, 01:19 PM

1,089 posts, read 1,689,791 times
it's not a four star restaurant, it's just a decent place with unassuming dishes, generally quite tasty. Their sandwiches and salads are fresh, we had a good thanksgiving dinner there and they have a hamburger special every wednesday. I think it's $5 burgers for their regular menu burgers.

Old 12-20-2013, 07:10 PM

Hamburger special, yes..but who goes out to a place presented like that for sandwiches and 5 dollar burgers ? We've had burgers at Geckos on Mondays for 5 dollars nights, but Geckos doesn't seen to pretend to be anything other than Geckos ! My opinion only but I don't go out to places adorned like that to have burgers, sandwiches and hot wings.

I agree it's "unassuming dishes" for sure.....as in meatloaf that they serve which is cheaply done and quite awful for the price point in my sole opinion. I can't IMAGINE eating Thanksgiving Dinner there, and I hope you're kidding.

Old 12-20-2013, 07:36 PM

1,713 posts, read 2,348,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Bonvivant View Post
Hamburger special, yes..but who goes out to a place presented like that for sandwiches and 5 dollar burgers ? We've had burgers at Geckos on Mondays for 5 dollars nights, but Geckos doesn't seen to pretend to be anything other than Geckos ! My opinion only but I don't go out to places adorned like that to have burgers, sandwiches and hot wings.

I agree it's "unassuming dishes" for sure.....as in meatloaf that they serve which is cheaply done and quite awful for the price point in my sole opinion. I can't IMAGINE eating Thanksgiving Dinner there, and I hope you're kidding.
So if you want inexpensive food, you cant eat at a fancy looking establishment? Understandably you dont like it, that's pretty clear.

Old 12-21-2013, 03:02 PM

1,089 posts, read 1,689,791 times
Quote:

i guess your name says it all. bonvivant. right.

Old 12-21-2013, 06:09 PM

180 posts, read 262,730 times
Quote:
gl

REVELRY RESTAURANT on University Parkway !

We've eaten there a few times, and were totally underwhelmed. We hope your experience was better than ours.

A source told us that the place was being sold or in fact closing if the prospective balks. That's a kiss of death location. Everything that's been there has failed it seems.

I hope my banking source is in error, but you really have to be mobbed everyday/night to pay the lease on that place according to what a real estate agent told us. WE hope something eventually goes in there that is really good, because this food isn't worth it for us. Too much competition already on University PWY.
I'm trying to figure out why someone would go to a "totally underwhelming" place twice let alone a "few times".

Once would be enough for me.

Old 12-21-2013, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGoose View Post
I'm trying to figure out why someone would go to a "totally underwhelming" place twice let alone a "few times".

Once would be enough for me.

Well....even the simplest of minds can understand this ? a "few times" we had cocktails and/or an appetizer, not a meal.

Surely you can comprehend that one.....use your mind.

Old 12-21-2013, 07:42 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,106,883 times
Troll alert!!!

Old 12-22-2013, 08:23 AM

180 posts, read 262,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff by the Sea View Post
Troll alert!!!
Ya....I'm beginning to think so.

I mean, it may not be a good place to eat. I don't know. But with the hundreds of places to eat (and drink) in the area I sure wouldn't go back a second time to any place I found "totally underwhelming".

And I can eat and drink with the best of them.

Old 12-22-2013, 08:41 AM

1,713 posts, read 2,348,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGoose View Post
Ya....I'm beginning to think so.

I mean, it may not be a good place to eat. I don't know. But with the hundreds of places to eat (and drink) in the area I sure wouldn't go back a second time to any place I found "totally underwhelming".

And I can eat and drink with the best of them.
You should have seen the deleted post where he's cussing us all out. That's what prompted the troll alert warnings, besides the general attitude still being displayed here.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area