Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 05:50 PM

25,449 posts, read 11,733,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbondated View Post
The teacher in the article was a teacher at North Port High School since it opened 7 years ago.

Makes you wonder how many girls were victims of this pervert? If I had a daughter going there, I would be asking a her a ton of questions tonight. Absolutely disgusting.
I agree.

Also, the guy was a ROTC teacher!! So a teacher teaching all this discipline and stuff that they teach in ROTC and he goes around and does this- text messages crap to a girl. What's next? Pathetic!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2008, 06:20 PM

182 posts, read 1,001,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Guy View Post
I agree.

Also, the guy was a ROTC teacher!! So a teacher teaching all this discipline and stuff that they teach in ROTC and he goes around and does this- text messages crap to a girl. What's next? Pathetic!
Hopefully the creep will get put away and it won't happen again. At least not with this teacher.

What can we do as citizens to prevent these acts from happening?
That's the question we need to figure out an answer to.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:28 AM

1 posts, read 1,836 times
you should probably know more before you start judging people. for instance the girl in question sent him nude photos(dont believe me just check more websites for a better story). he did nothing but failed to report the images before the girl decided to set him up. just wait for the near future for the rest of the story to come out. then maybe you will realize that this is just a child trying to be an adult.

Old 08-12-2008, 12:22 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,925,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barcher View Post
you should probably know more before you start judging people. for instance the girl in question sent him nude photos(dont believe me just check more websites for a better story). he did nothing but failed to report the images before the girl decided to set him up. just wait for the near future for the rest of the story to come out. then maybe you will realize that this is just a child trying to be an adult.
This is what the newspaper article stated:
allegedly trying to seduce a 16-year-old girl via cell phone text messages
According to North Port Police records, the girl said she and Barche had routinely exchanged text messages for an unspecified period and that on July 30, the messages turned sexual.

If that is true then he is a pervert and should be locked away, IMO. How can you be set up if you've done nothing wrong? Why would/should he be texting her at all? If she is still a child he should be speaking with her mother on the phone-not her. My 16 year old has never had any of her teachers call/text her on her cell phone. That alone should not have been happening.

I agree that sending of the nude pictures was totally inappropriate but he is the adult and there should have never been any exchange in numbers in the first place.

That's my 2 cents.

Old 08-13-2008, 05:34 PM

657 posts, read 1,788,657 times
a young girl i know in highschool was telling me she was texting in class and the next text she recieved was from her teacher, he texted her to stop texting in class. hmmm, how did he know how to text her? little girls are no longer little girls. they are trouble. not all but most. the things on myspace are horrible from these young girls. they just grow up to fast. its a sexual popularity contest.
mabey phones shouldnt be allowed in school.

Old 07-07-2012, 08:39 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,027,890 times
Lets see...the then 16 y/o girl sends nude pics to her teacher & he asks for sex via texting. The girl then tells her mother who then tells the police with her daughters cooperation. Hmmmm...seems abit fishy to me. The mother should of taken the cell phone away from her kid for a set period of time for sending nude images. I bet she didnt though.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:41 AM

509 posts, read 907,458 times
You can't know everything going on in your kids life. If you think you can, you're in serious denial. There was 57 things gone wrong in this girl's life for this unfortunate incident to have happened.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:45 AM

And as far as taking the phone away, that's useless, everyone your kids know have cells with internet on them.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:51 AM

And to Barcher, you have the same name, are you related, or are you him? Get this straight, he was wrong the moment he chose to say nothing when he received those pics.
PERIOD.

Old 07-07-2012, 07:35 PM

285 posts, read 639,332 times
Amazing the hypocrisy here. God impregnates a 13 year old Virgin Mary without her consent and everyone worships God like, well God. This guy didn't lay a hand on this girl and already most of you want to send him up the river without a paddle. Yes he sent a few inappropriate text messages. Yes he should lose his job, but to go to jail I need to hear more of the story. Something smells here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area