Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2011, 05:43 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by infiri View Post
Can you please show evidence that they were using drugs for the Mumbai attacks...
And if it is true, it doesnt support your point of view.
Just because you can take drugs (which most are actually natural) to perform better, you can also take steroids to get puff. What is the point?
I would believe that modern warfare would be putting better time in modifying medication to create a stronger and better soldier. Even this would have more credibility to creating zombies.
Why?
Because it make sense to create a better faster soldier.
Why on earth they would create a zombie, when they can just kill everybody?
There is no reason to thinking about zombies, in warfare you want to do 2 things, and non of them are zombies.
1. kill your enemy
2. overpower your enemy.
So if you tell me that they are creating a gas that would knock people out for a couple of hours. This might be done, but a chemical that would create a zombie is a little our of our reach.
Why?
If it is a drug, it would only be temporary, so now you have to say, that it actually destroy specific part of the brain. There is acutally no drug that does this, and trust me corporations has better and highly more intelligent people compare to the government. If billion dollar corporation has not found target drugs for cancer (or fr any disease or condition) how do you expect that the government that really cant do anything right create a chemical to create zombies.
And so that you know almost all military technology is not created by the actual goverment, but by private contractors, private companies. Almost everything that the military has was created by the private sector.
Well, you are familiar with "The Google" as G. Dummaya like to say??????
Here, this is a little story that I found off The Google in about 10 seconds:

Mumbai gunmen ‘high on drugs’ | Metro.co.uk

Does not have to destroy the brain, specific damage would be fine. You see, there are many chemical THAT CAN CAUSE PERMANENT BRAIN DAMAGE.

Why are people reacting to my post so oddly??? A chemical that causes brain damage leading to lowered IQ and hyper-violence.......aka............modern day z-person.........see the video I posted as a possible example.

Where did I say WHO would develop this weapon......could be lots of different factions.

You do realized that in todays day and age......much warfare is non-linear........much different objectives from even 20 years ago.......see cyber attacks and that the Israelis used against Iran's nuke plants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadbill View Post
Not at all. The village people example is an analogy similar to the celestial teapot analogy.

Russell's teapot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You claim a highly unlikely, but unfalsifiable position (i.e. chemical weapons exist to create zombies) and I counter this by saying that if you believe this, then you must also believe that ALL unlikely, unfalsifiable positions must also be true (i.e. that if zombies can be created, then you must also be able to make people act the the village people as well).

Sooner or later I come up with an analogy that even you cannot accept.

You have already told me that you think the village people analogy is silly, but you can't tell me why it is silly but your zombie idea is perfectly plausible. The celestial teapot argument is once again successful...

No it wasn't....I should know because I brought this example up, so don't put words in my mouth. It was an example of a how a chemical that is also a drug (in this case, chemotherapy). This was a concept you you were having a problem with.

Today's chemical weapons aren't all that more sophisticated than mustard gas....as its already been pointed out to you, they don't have to be sophisticated to kill a solider. What weapons are you referring to?
Uh, it is called degrees of common sense..............I bring up the point about a chemical causing brain damage. YOU.........go off on some insane tangent about a chemical making everyone into VP.......hahaha, who is crazy now????

Nice try, I am still baffled why you find it so hard to believe that a chemical weapon (NOT YOUR ADVANCED MUSTARD GAS) could cause brain damage. Some of the effects of brain damage can be hyper-violence and lowered IQ..............see the video as an example.

And I am waiting for you to cite the EXPERT credential you hold in the field of Chemical Weapons.........................???????????????

Old 06-18-2011, 11:08 PM

593 posts, read 1,315,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Well, you are familiar with "The Google" as G. Dummaya like to say??????
Here, this is a little story that I found off The Google in about 10 seconds:

Mumbai gunmen ‘high on drugs’ | Metro.co.uk

Does not have to destroy the brain, specific damage would be fine. You see, there are many chemical THAT CAN CAUSE PERMANENT BRAIN DAMAGE.
there is no such thing as target damage, it would just damage the whole brain. There is no difference in the neurons so how the chemical would discriminate from neuron to the other?? Drugs dont discriminate they affect the whole brain.

Quote:
Why are people reacting to my post so oddly??? A chemical that causes brain damage leading to lowered IQ and hyper-violence.......aka............modern day z-person.........see the video I posted as a possible example.
Because it cant be done. The video is about a crazy person, how do we know that drugs has anything to do with it and if it did, it doesnt help your point, he is nothing like a zombie. he is following instructions and reasoning.

Quote:
Where did I say WHO would develop this weapon......could be lots of different factions.
Yeah sure, factions with less money, less technology???
you are watching to many james bond movies, where we have super terrorist with super scientist creating top of the line weapons...
I wonder were they have been in the last 20 years

Quote:
You do realized that in todays day and age......much warfare is non-linear........much different objectives from even 20 years ago.......see cyber attacks and that the Israelis used against Iran's nuke plants.
Cyber attacks are nothing compared to what you are talking about.

Old 06-18-2011, 11:15 PM

593 posts, read 1,315,032 times
Quote:
Uh, it is called degrees of common sense.............
you are funny,,, you do know what common means right??/
Common sense would be what is common, and in this case the common is us, and the uncommon would be you. The reason so many people are against your ideas is because they are uncommon...

Quote:
.I bring up the point about a chemical causing brain damage. YOU.........go off on some insane tangent about a chemical making everyone into VP.......hahaha, who is crazy now????
You really have to study and then get back, at least plenty of people here have a clue about drugs, chemistry and how biology, pharmaceuticals and physiology works.

Quote:
Nice try, I am still baffled why you find it so hard to believe that a chemical weapon (NOT YOUR ADVANCED MUSTARD GAS) could cause brain damage. Some of the effects of brain damage can be hyper-violence and lowered IQ..............see the video as an example.
Plenty of drugs cause brain damage...
Plenty of chemicals do the same...
but what you are asking is a chemical that can target a cell from others, how? if you tell me from a liver cell and from a muscle cell, then maybe you have a case, but from a brain cell to another brain cell, neurons, is impossible. they are all the same.

Quote:
and I am waiting for you to cite the EXPERT credential you hold in the field of Chemical Weapons.........................???????????????
This is ridiculous, where is your expert saying that is possible?

Old 06-19-2011, 04:43 AM

1,402 posts, read 3,500,566 times
Quote:
Uh, it is called degrees of common sense..............I bring up the point about a chemical causing brain damage. YOU.........go off on some insane tangent about a chemical making everyone into VP.......hahaha, who is crazy now????
If I'm so crazy, then answer my question: if you could design a chemical/drug to turn people into zombies, then why could you not design a chemical/drug to make people act like the village people?

Old 06-19-2011, 05:01 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Dont need a chemical or drug to turn people into zombies,technology is already doing a fine job of it .

Old 06-19-2011, 08:52 AM

5,462 posts, read 9,631,116 times
Quote:
If I'm so crazy, then answer my question: if you could design a chemical/drug to turn people into zombies, then why could you not design a chemical/drug to make people act like the village people?
I don't think you're going to get an answer. The OP has avoided any explanation as to what advantage, purpose or point there'd by turning people into violently rampaging zombies, especially at an apocalyptic scale, or to explain how to effectively disperse such zombie-inducing chemicals in order to infect large numbers of people.

Old 06-19-2011, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Well, I do not take your question very seriously.

But out of pure insanity I will answer it, please read my answer very good, maybe twice.

A chemical that damages the CNS and causes permanent brain damage is already in existence. Advancing that chemical to the point where the damage specifically causes damage, that results in hype-violence and lowered IQ is not beyond the realm of science. A chemical making people act like the VP........wow, that would be about 1000 times harder if at all possible.

Old 06-19-2011, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Dont need a chemical or drug to turn people into zombies,technology is already doing a fine job of it .

Uh.....no. the real life Zombie would be hyper-violent and have a very low IQ. Imagine if you would thousands of people in this state..........induced by a chemical attack. Here is an example of what the modern day zombie could resemble:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfFd4...yer_detailpage

Old 06-19-2011, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
I don't think you're going to get an answer. The OP has avoided any explanation as to what advantage, purpose or point there'd by turning people into violently rampaging zombies, especially at an apocalyptic scale, or to explain how to effectively disperse such zombie-inducing chemicals in order to infect large numbers of people.

Do you know that many minds come up with lots of different reasons for waging attacks on various areas of the world. Can you cite all of the reasons for all of the thousands of violent attacks daily around the world??????

You ever hear the term "Non-Linear Warfare???????

Dispersal could be done via vaporization. And attack during a rush hour in a city like Chicago or NYC.

Here is what a Zombie may resemble:

YouTube - ‪Crackhead Attacks Car‬‏
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology