Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2014, 10:51 AM

9,182 posts, read 12,134,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad apples View Post
70 degrees during the day and 40 degrees at night isn't exactly wonderful summer weather. LOL
This proves exactly how you have NO idea what you are talking about. It's not 40 at night. It's actually close to 32. We have to scrape our windows every morning before going to work. And 70 is our all-time record

bad apples: registered less than 2 months ago, 443 total posts, 218 of them (49%) in WA state forum.

Last edited by Botev1912; 06-12-2014 at 10:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2014, 11:00 AM

68 posts, read 121,818 times
Quote:
70 degrees during the day and 40 degrees at night isn't exactly wonderful summer weather.
Close though... 60 day & 40 night = perfect!!! (winter AND summer - I know - doesn't exist...Ah well...)
Oh - and ALWAYS cloudy & rainy!!!

Old 06-12-2014, 11:17 AM

854 posts, read 1,141,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
This proves exactly how you have NO idea what you are talking about. It's not 40 at night. It's actually close to 32. We have to scrape our windows every morning before going to work. And 70 is our all-time record

bad apples: registered less than 2 months ago, 443 total posts, 218 of them (49%) in WA state forum.
I am a Washington resident. What is unusual about me posting in the Washington forum. LOL The evil non resident outsider with serious problems talking about Washington. Like it's not even up for discussion. You guys must love that type of weather and I am not bashing anybody. Let's just look at it from the point of view from someone who has lived in warmer more moderate climates. Don't take everything as an attack on yourself, we are discussing the the weather and climate in Seattle and Washington. So its okay to discuss it as long as you have the same opinion as everyone else in Seattle. Haha. I can express my opinions about how much it stinks all I want. This is so typical. 70 and 40 is actually the average weather you will see if you look at the City-Data page for Seattle, so not making that up. It has been a lot warmer in the last few summers which is an interesting change in weather patterns to say the least. More rain in winter and spring and warmer temps in the summer. Maybe it is a permanent change, who knows. I agree totally with what a previous Seattle lover has posted about the weather there, I don't see what the problem is? Anyway I just wish people in Seattle could look at different points of views without becoming overly defensive, like its a personal attack. It's just a discussion, let's not resort to dragging people through the mud over trivial topics. The summer weather in Seattle is not any better than anywhere in the U.S. that is all I am saying, it's right on the average scale. It is not superior in anyway and it's quite mediocre in my opinion. Also I would like to add that the humidity is through the roof in Seattle and is well above the country average in the mornings, so I do find if funny when Seattleites complain about how humid it is on the east coast. LOL Do some fact checking.

Have a look for yourself:

//www.city-data.com/city/Seattle-Washington.html

Last edited by bad apples; 06-12-2014 at 11:41 AM..

Old 06-12-2014, 11:53 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,722,939 times
Quote:
The summer weather in Seattle is not any better than anywhere in the U.S. that is all I am saying, it's right on the average scale. It is not superior in anyway and it's quite mediocre in my opinion. Also I would like to add that the humidity is through the roof in Seattle and is well above the country average in the mornings, so I do find if funny when Seattleites complain about how humid it is on the east coast. LOL Do some fact checking.
I get that you live in Washington right now and judging by your moniker of "bad apples", you're not very happy about it. It appears you are from the South, miss it and think it is superior to here. I'm sorry you're unhappy, no one likes to be somewhere they don't like. But you're posts here in the Seattle forum trying to toss in the South whenever possible as if someone here is going to go "You're right! The South is so much better, I think I'll move!" is probably a waste of time. Maybe you could use that time trying to find ways to return to the South or posting there where you can reminisce? And yes, the East and the South are horribly humid. Much more humid than Seattle, whether you admit it or not.

Weather preferences are a matter of opinion. You're stating that Seattle summer weather is no better than other places is your opinion. I find most places in the US too hot in the summer and Seattle to be amazing. That is my opinion. You may love Palm Springs - or Biloxi - but too hot and/or too humid can be miserable. And when we travel to Atlanta for meetings, we joke about hot long it takes for creases in our clothing to wither away from the steam heat. No one says that about Seattle.

Old 06-12-2014, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I get that you live in Washington right now and judging by your moniker of "bad apples", you're not very happy about it. It appears you are from the South, miss it and think it is superior to here. I'm sorry you're unhappy, no one likes to be somewhere they don't like. But you're posts here in the Seattle forum trying to toss in the South whenever possible as if someone here is going to go "You're right! The South is so much better, I think I'll move!" is probably a waste of time. Maybe you could use that time trying to find ways to return to the South or posting there where you can reminisce? And yes, the East and the South are horribly humid. Much more humid than Seattle, whether you admit it or not.

Weather preferences are a matter of opinion. You're stating that Seattle summer weather is no better than other places is your opinion. I find most places in the US too hot in the summer and Seattle to be amazing. That is my opinion. You may love Palm Springs - or Biloxi - but too hot and/or too humid can be miserable. And when we travel to Atlanta for meetings, we joke about hot long it takes for creases in our clothing to wither away from the steam heat. No one says that about Seattle.
I don't think you get what I am saying and probably never will. I am not saying anywhere is superior to the Seattle, Washington Climate. Never did, however that is not the case for this thread claiming weather is superior to other areas of the country when it is actually not in my opinion. This type of bullying won't work on me, haha. I am not going to change my opinion, because I have seen how dreary it is in that area. I know that the Pacific Northwest is supposed to be very progressive in every way, however it seems like the same old business is only accepted as viable opinions. If that is progressive then what is traditional? Cold rainy weather is miserable in my opinion and two or three months of okay summer weather doesn't make up for it in my opinion. I guess I should ask first if it is okay for me to post my opinions on this very opinionated thread. Almost everything listed in this thread is subjective and up for discussion. Good to hear your opinions on the matter Seacove, I always look forward to your point of view and enlightening discussion.

Old 06-12-2014, 01:58 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,877,766 times
Quote:
I am a Washington resident. What is unusual about me posting in the Washington forum. LOL The evil non resident outsider with serious problems talking about Washington. Like it's not even up for discussion. You guys must love that type of weather and I am not bashing anybody. Let's just look at it from the point of view from someone who has lived in warmer more moderate climates. Don't take everything as an attack on yourself, we are discussing the the weather and climate in Seattle and Washington. So its okay to discuss it as long as you have the same opinion as everyone else in Seattle. Haha. I can express my opinions about how much it stinks all I want. This is so typical. 70 and 40 is actually the average weather you will see if you look at the City-Data page for Seattle, so not making that up. It has been a lot warmer in the last few summers which is an interesting change in weather patterns to say the least. More rain in winter and spring and warmer temps in the summer. Maybe it is a permanent change, who knows. I agree totally with what a previous Seattle lover has posted about the weather there, I don't see what the problem is? Anyway I just wish people in Seattle could look at different points of views without becoming overly defensive, like its a personal attack. It's just a discussion, let's not resort to dragging people through the mud over trivial topics. The summer weather in Seattle is not any better than anywhere in the U.S. that is all I am saying, it's right on the average scale. It is not superior in anyway and it's quite mediocre in my opinion. Also I would like to add that the humidity is through the roof in Seattle and is well above the country average in the mornings, so I do find if funny when Seattleites complain about how humid it is on the east coast. LOL Do some fact checking.

Have a look for yourself:

//www.city-data.com/city/Seattle-Washington.html
You don't catch on real quickly, do you? Obviously there are people who must love this weather and are suited for it. Yes, they love this weather. And you are being a real stinker about it. Are you that oblivious as to not realize it? No wonder you can't see what the problem is.

And actually you should do some fact checking on humidity. Generally speaking, humidity is low comparetively to the rest of the country during the summer and doesn't feel as bothersome here because it's not warm/hot enough. That's a huge difference between Western US and East Coast... Surely if you're from that side or experienced the weather there, you could feel the difference?

Old 06-12-2014, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
You don't catch on real quickly, do you? Obviously there are people who must love this weather and are suited for it. Yes, they love this weather. And you are being a real stinker about it. Are you that oblivious as to not realize it? No wonder you can't see what the problem is.

And actually you should do some fact checking on humidity. Generally speaking, humidity is low competitively to the rest of the country during the summer and doesn't feel as bothersome here because it's not warm/hot enough. That's a huge difference between Western US and East Coast... Surely if you're from that side or experienced the weather there, you could feel the difference?
Yeah I am the stinker. Just reading through previous posts in this thread and every time someone gives even the slightest hint of disapproval of the Seattle weather and they are met with a gang of ridiculous accusations. LOL I think it is Seattleites who don't catch on really quickly because I sure caught on to the constant BS being spread. Get over it.

Newcomer to the Pacific Northwest: "I don't really like the weather in Washington."

Long time Pacific Northwest resident: "Why don't you go back to where you came from then!"

Get my point.

Old 06-12-2014, 02:10 PM

Honey, I don't have to get over it. It seems you're the one with the problem.

I have plenty of times stated I don't like weather here and never been attacked for it. So what does that tell you?

Get my point.

Old 06-12-2014, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
Honey, I don't have to get over it. It seems you're the one with the problem.

I have plenty of times stated I don't like weather here and never been attacked for it. So what does that tell you?

Get my point.
Well maybe you haven't but others in this thread certainly have. I don't have a problem and what's funny is how people immediately point out you have problems when you state an opinion other than theirs. Who is the one with the problem? Someone who can think objectively about the weather and climate in Washington or someone who mindlessly agrees with the status quo of Seattle and Washington. Some people recently posting in this thread have been doing so since 2007, now let's see hmmm. Who has the problem? Sounds like some people have a little bit of an obsession when it comes to proving that Seattle has the best weather and is a superior climate. I just don't get the immediate ***** mode you folks go into for any comment about beloved Washington that would normally be constructive criticism. Please stop making Seattle sound like Shangri-La, lol it is far from it.

Old 06-12-2014, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Well maybe you haven't but others in this thread certainly have. I don't have a problem and what's funny is how people immediately point out you have problems when you state an opinion other than theirs. Who is the one with the problem? Someone who can think objectively about the weather and climate in Washington or someone who mindlessly agrees with the status quo of Seattle and Washington. Some people recently posting in this thread have been doing so since 2007, now let's see hmmm. Who has the problem? Sounds like some people have a little bit of an obsession when it comes to proving that Seattle has the best weather and is a superior climate. I just don't get the immediate ***** mode you folks go into for any comment about beloved Washington that would normally be constructive criticism. Please stop making Seattle sound like Shangri-La, lol it is far from it.
I don't care about your issues with Botev. If you have constructive criticism... Then give it. I haven't seen any from you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area